Windows 10: UAC Query Every Time I Open Excel

Discus and support UAC Query Every Time I Open Excel in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Since I upgraded to Win 10 I get a UAC query every time I open Excel. How can I make it stop that behavior? 14225 Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Larry42, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Larry42 Win User

UAC Query Every Time I Open Excel

Since I upgraded to Win 10 I get a UAC query every time I open Excel. How can I make it stop that behavior?

:)

Larry42, Aug 7, 2015
  2. fpefpe Win User

uac query

Hello -- I have a batch file that runs a program that query the UAC and will prompt me every time I run -- It a safe program -- is there a way to set

up a "white list" so UAC will not prompt for confirmation?

fpefpe, Aug 7, 2015
  3. PBHudson Win User
    Windows 10 - Outlook 2010 and UAC

EVERY TIME I open Outlook 2010 I am bothered with a UAC box asking me if I '...want to allow this app to make changes to my computer'. I click YES, the program opens, then I am faced with another box giving me a 'security alert'. I have to say yes to this
    one also before I can proceed. I have no problem with Word or Excel; but as this is a computer I use for work, I open Outlook a lot during the day.

This has become annoying to the point that I am considering going back to Windows 7 (where everything worked fine).

Is there a fix for this that doesn't involve completely disabling UAC?

PBHudson, Aug 7, 2015
  4. Larry42 Win User

Never mind. Solved problem myself. Removed check in Property box for Run as administrator.

Larry42, Aug 8, 2015
Thema:

1. UAC Query Every Time I Open Excel - Similar Threads - UAC Query Every

2. Program asks for UAC admin credentials every time it opens.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Program asks for UAC admin credentials every time it opens.: I have a computer lab where there is a program that when it launches, every time it asks for admin credentials. The weird thing is that the user can just click the x to close and the program launches fine. This is a local account on windows 10. All other programs do not need...
  3. Program asks for UAC admin credentials every time it opens.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program asks for UAC admin credentials every time it opens.: I have a computer lab where there is a program that when it launches, every time it asks for admin credentials. The weird thing is that the user can just click the x to close and the program launches fine. This is a local account on windows 10. All other programs do not need...
  4. Program asks for UAC admin credentials every time it opens.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Excel Query

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Excel Query: I am using a query to combine excel files from a folder. There are line items with hyperlinks that are not transferring as hyperlinks when the query is run. Is there a way to correct this?...
  6. Excel Power Query

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Excel Power Query: I am using power query to combine excel files from a folder. There are line items with hyperlinks that are not transferring as hyperlinks when the query is run. Is there a way to correct this?...
  7. Bypass UAC Prompt for Excel

Bypass UAC Prompt for Excel: Whenever I open Excel often I get the UAC verification prompt. So of course I have to click Yes to proceed. Word and PowerPoint donot raise the UAC prompt. I perceive Excel, as part of Microsoft Office, to be just as trusted as Word and PowerPoint. So why the UAC prompt only...
  8. dwm.exe querying registry every time I move my mouse

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    dwm.exe querying registry every time I move my mouse: Video of ProcMon: https://streamable.com/kpkcn I noticed my FPS dropping a little too drastically when moving my mouse in games and I've found the cause, every time I move my mouse a ton of registry queries occur. Is this normal? If not, does anyone know a fix for this or...
  9. every time i open a ms program

every time i open a ms program: i get this message and have to go through 4 windows to dismiss... how to stop???? Your data, controlled by you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/every-time-i-open-a-ms-program/6847ba59-9fdf-498a-a079-d1fe04485b40"
  10. UAC query every time I open Word

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UAC query every time I open Word: I have Office 365 and Windows 10. Every time I open Word 2013 I get the UAC query. Is there any way to get this to stop? It doesn't happen with any other Office apps. 16068