Windows 10: UAC requests for programs that normally load when I start my PC

Discus and support UAC requests for programs that normally load when I start my PC in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am unsure if I posted this in the correct area if not I apologize, I finally got my windows 10 pro upgrade by the Microsoft registration process. It... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Stargazer22, Sep 8, 2015.

1. UAC requests for programs that normally load when I start my PC

I am unsure if I posted this in the correct area if not I apologize, I finally got my windows 10 pro upgrade by the Microsoft registration process. It updated without error but after my PC ran poorly so I read here on how to do a clean install and chose to do one. The install went without issue and I have noticed a huge improvement in how my pc operates since doing the clean install 4 days ago.
    Today however when I turned on my PC I received double UAC requests for programs that have been up till now running at startup without them. The programs are CCleaner Professional, Wise care 365 and Advanced System Care 8.4 Pro. All of them are the most current releases. Each time today that I have turned on my PC I get two UAC requests for each of these while the system loads.
    Before today they all ran on there own at bootup with no UAC requests.
    I hope someone has suggestions for me on how to fix this and why it happens.

:)

Stargazer22, Sep 8, 2015
  2. detenele Win User

Windows 10 UAC problem

HI,

I upgraded to Windows 10 recently and I found that I cannot install/uninstall programs (even if I clicked yes when UAC prompts), change UAC settings/ run as admin... etc. with my default (admin) account. If I turned off UAC in safe mode and restart PC back
    to normal mode, everything is good. However, if I turn on the UAC in normal mode then I am locked again, no elevated access and cannot change UAC. Is there any way to fix this?

Thank you,

detenele, Sep 8, 2015
  3. Snailium Win User
    Automatically deny UAC elevation for a specific program

I know there are many discussions and workarounds about how to grant elevation for a program.

But I need the opposite - I want keep one of my program in user mode.

Is it possible to automatically deny the UAC request for a program, and leave the UAC on for the whole system?

Snailium, Sep 8, 2015
  4. jds63 Win User

UAC requests for programs that normally load when I start my PC

I may only know reasons could be with CCleaner, for one it might be set to run at startup

UAC requests for programs that normally load when I start my PC [​IMG]

2 make sure to check skip UAC control warning

And if have monitoring enabled at startup

Not familiar with the other programs, either stop them from loading at startup unless this is what you want.

jds63, Sep 8, 2015
  5. jds63 Win User
    jds63, Sep 8, 2015
  6. hawkman Win User
    Those program should all have a skip UAC in the boot time set-up.
    If you go
    Controlpanel>Admintools>taskscheduler>local>select 1 of them, you should see the Skip Uac set.

I suspect you will have to unistall and re-install them to reset this .
    These actions were more than likely caused when you upgraded, and would not have shown up until you shutdown and then restarted (cold boot not sleep/hibernation).
    MS actually recommends that AV's etc should not be running during the upgrade process.

Roy

hawkman, Sep 8, 2015
  7. jds63
    I checked CCleaner's settings and all of the items you told me to check are already checked. If this keeps up I may change the UAC response setting as it shows in the link you sent me. Thank you for trying to help me

Stargazer22, Sep 8, 2015
  8. UAC requests for programs that normally load when I start my PC

Hawkman
    I installed all the programs after doing a clean install of Windows 10 Pro, the original upgrade from windows 7 (the first install) had some unknown issues that made my PC slow, I formatted and reinstalled to the same SSD. I also checked and there are listings in task scheduler that have the file names of all three programs with skipUAC in there titles (Example CCleanerskipuac)
    Thank you for trying to help me with this. I will try to call Microsoft if it keeps doing it.

Stargazer22, Sep 8, 2015
  9. jds63 Win User
    Your Welcome and good luck on calling MS.

jds63, Sep 8, 2015
  10. This issue seems to have corrected itself all the programs are loading on boot again with no UAC messages. Thank you again to those that offered help I appreciate it

Stargazer22, Sep 9, 2015
  11. jds63 Win User
    Your welcome, wonder if just clean install corrected it.

jds63, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

UAC requests for programs that normally load when I start my PC

1. UAC requests for programs that normally load when I start my PC - Similar Threads - UAC requests programs

2. When i start a program or a game in windows 10 it loads normally then it automatically...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i start a program or a game in windows 10 it loads normally then it automatically...: When i run a game the load screen appears normally but then it close automatically and that happens in other programs but not all some games and programs works normally and that's why i'm so confused. If anyone have an answer please let me know....
  3. When i start a program or a game in windows 10 it loads normally then it automatically...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When i start a program or a game in windows 10 it loads normally then it automatically...: When i run a game the load screen appears normally but then it close automatically and that happens in other programs but not all some games and programs works normally and that's why i'm so confused. If anyone have an answer please let me know....
  4. When i start a program or a game in windows 10 it loads normally then it automatically...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How to add UAC format to my program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add UAC format to my program: Hello I want to make a UAC format User access control for my program. Could you maybe tell me how to do it im really interested! :D https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-add-uac-format-to-my-program/13c07c6a-9ae4-469d-a404-f9c774c76d68
  6. Can someone help me out whenever I start my pc it tries to load normally then goes to this...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can someone help me out whenever I start my pc it tries to load normally then goes to this...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/shaun_d3 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jgxmih/can_someone_help_me_out_whenever_i_start_my_pc_it/
  7. Program request

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Program request: Is there any program in windows for live captions program like the program shown in this video for pixel phones (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8cLk2W3vY8) submitted by /u/khachdallak [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ioko02/program_request/
  8. Computer UAC password request setup?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Computer UAC password request setup?: How to set up the password prompt in the UAC, so that if someone wants to install something, they have to enter the password from my computer. Computer UAC Passwortabfrage einrichten?
  9. No UAC and the service did not respond to the start or control request

in Windows 10 Support
    No UAC and the service did not respond to the start or control request: I am trying to enter my serial number for AVG but I cannot get the program to proceed, I get an error message every time, the more info link leads to: http://www.avg.com/us-en/app-issue?A...err=-536805284 which tells me that it requires UAC elevation. Except it will not...
  10. UAC message when starting Regedit

in Windows 10 Support
    UAC message when starting Regedit: This is a recent change, with no obvious cause. If I try to run Regedit (via Win 10 Run box) I get this message: [img] I'm also getting it for a few other programs that never used to be a problem (may post separately about that issue). But it seems particularly absurd...