Windows 10: UAC/Smartscreen Annoyance

Discus and support UAC/Smartscreen Annoyance in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Greetings: Since ever I have asked to allow us users to create a security program override for UAC. Each bloody time that i want to run a program,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ben Robberecht, Nov 13, 2020.

1. UAC/Smartscreen Annoyance

Greetings:

Since ever I have asked to allow us users to create a security program override for UAC.
    Each bloody time that i want to run a program, Windows begins to nag:
    Would you like to run this program?
    Are you sure?

If I wasn't sure, I would not have clicked the Icon, now would I???

We're like 400 years into Win 7, 8, 8.1, the unreleased 9, and 10.
    Since 7, I requested to have an option to make a program trusted.
    It's not hard, really.
    But still, this has not been implemented.

I wonder why?
    I think I am not the only one that gets the willy beejeebees when each time I click an Icon, I need to confirm that I want to run it.

Start Words?
    Are you sure?
    Start a game?
    Do you really want to play?

Are you serious?

PLEASE allow us to set a program as safe, so UAC/Smartscreen stops being a total frustration.
    This UAC/Smartscreen silliness costed me around 11 to 13 trackballs.
    I get so frustrated by this thing that I begin to eat them out of the anger that comes forth from it...

Thank you.

:)

Ben Robberecht, Nov 13, 2020
  2. shmu26 Win User

SmartScreen, UAC, and VoodooShield

If I have smartscreen enabled, and UAC set at the highest level, does that make security apps like VoodooShield superfluous?

shmu26, Nov 13, 2020
  3. shmu26 Win User
    SmartScreen, UAC, and VoodooShield

no, it doesn't.
    1 some malware can bypass smartscreen and UAC
    2 some malware installs by script, which is even trickier to block
    3 there are fileless exploits, which are trickiest to block.
    For these 3 reasons, you can benefit from Voodooshield, besides the fact that it has Ai to help you evaluate if a file is safe or not.

shmu26, Nov 13, 2020
  4. chaznet Win User

UAC/Smartscreen Annoyance

Hotmail SmartScreen filters

It's very annoying. Even senders in your Safe List can get caught up in SmartScreen filters. SmartScreen and Safe-List should communicate with each other so this doesn't happen. Even if you click 'Show Content' when the red-bar appears, it reappears
    every time you open the message.

Once can only hope this 'feature' annoys someone higher up in the Microsoft food-chain so that something will be done to eliminate this >huge< annoyance :-(

chaznet, Nov 13, 2020
Thema:

UAC/Smartscreen Annoyance

1. UAC/Smartscreen Annoyance - Similar Threads - UAC Smartscreen Annoyance

2. SmartScreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SmartScreen: Everytime I run an app it shows a promt that says "SmartScreen can not be rached right now" or wtv, i can still run the apps its just annoying and i dont know how to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/smartscreen/fb28d594-f5cf-4893-a73f-94c65169f161
  3. SmartScreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SmartScreen: Everytime I run an app it shows a promt that says "SmartScreen can not be rached right now" or wtv, i can still run the apps its just annoying and i dont know how to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/smartscreen/fb28d594-f5cf-4893-a73f-94c65169f161
  4. SmartScreen

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows SmartScreen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows SmartScreen: I have written a software that, if downloaded from our university server, triggers the warning: "Windows protected your PC. Windows SmartScreen ..." How can I overrule that?...
  6. Smartscreen. Smartscreen. Smartscreen.

Smartscreen. Smartscreen. Smartscreen.: Please try to understand: my problem is because of the Smartscreen. The Smartscreen is blocking installation of our software, Clone Files Checker. Our users are facing problem installing the program on their Windows 10 computers. I am the developer of the application and our...
  7. SmartScreen

SmartScreen: I am using SmartScreen, but not the other Defender features. It is constantly using about 30% of my CPU, even when nothing is downloading. Can anything be done about this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/smartscreen/7cd668ab-03cc-46f0-ab0f-9e22fb2efe38
  8. Turning Smartscreen back on (smartscreen can't be reached...)

Turning Smartscreen back on (smartscreen can't be reached...): I believe I inadvertently switched off Smartscreen during setup so now, each time I try to install something, Windows says Smartscreen can't be reached right now. It's NOT my internet connection. Can someone help? 116595
  9. Turning Smartscreen back on (smartscreen can't be reached...)

in Windows 10 Support
    Turning Smartscreen back on (smartscreen can't be reached...): I believe I inadvertently switched off Smartscreen during setup so now, each time I try to install something, Windows says Smartscreen can't be reached right now. It's NOT my internet connection. Can someone help? 116595
  10. SmartScreen, UAC, and VoodooShield

SmartScreen, UAC, and VoodooShield: If I have smartscreen enabled, and UAC set at the highest level, does that make security apps like VoodooShield superfluous? 30536