Windows 10: UAC suddenly prompting on programs I frequently use

Discus and support UAC suddenly prompting on programs I frequently use in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I don't know why but the UAC is suddenly popping up on programs I frequently use which it has never done before. For example during startup I have a... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by dust10, Feb 28, 2019.

1. dust10 Win User

UAC suddenly prompting on programs I frequently use

I don't know why but the UAC is suddenly popping up on programs I frequently use which it has never done before. For example during startup I have a 3rd party sound driver which I've been using for years, but all of a sudden UAC is asking if I should let it run. Obviously this wasn't how it reacted before. The normal behavior was when I start my PC it loads all the start-up programs and shows me my desktop, period. Now after I input my password first thing I see are multiple UACs for all my startup programs.

As far as I know I haven't touched anything for it to start reacting this way. All I do is browse the web and play games on this laptop.

Edit: I'm using a Windows 10 Home 64-bit laptop

:)

dust10, Feb 28, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Feb 28, 2019
  3. ZB_11111 Win User
    Program was able to install on non-admin account without UAC prompt, why?

So this might be a misunderstanding of what the UAC does, but on my non-admin account I was able to install the program Discord without an UAC prompt. It did not install into Program Files or Program Files(x86) but instead to C:\Users\[USER]\AppData\Local\,
    but it still appears in the list of Programs and Features. This seems like odd behavior if the UAC can be avoided by changing the install location; is there some restrictions on what programs can do if they are not installed into Program Files or Program Files(x86)?

ZB_11111, Feb 28, 2019
  4. fpefpe Win User

uac query

Hello -- I have a batch file that runs a program that query the UAC and will prompt me every time I run -- It a safe program -- is there a way to set

up a "white list" so UAC will not prompt for confirmation?

fpefpe, Feb 28, 2019
Thema:

1. UAC suddenly prompting on programs I frequently use - Similar Threads - UAC suddenly prompting

2. UAC Prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UAC Prompt: Hi,I will like to know what is the best practice User Access Control for end user in the case of their Laptop joined Domain.QNS:They still can access using local admin when their PC is joined to domain? How can i avoid there OR that is the nature of it?ThanksRaymond...
  3. UAC Prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UAC Prompt: Hi,I will like to know what is the best practice User Access Control for end user in the case of their Laptop joined Domain.QNS:They still can access using local admin when their PC is joined to domain? How can i avoid there OR that is the nature of it?ThanksRaymond...
  4. Rundll32 UAC prompts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Rundll32 UAC prompts: I know this issue kinda persistent through ages and windows versions. But has anybody ever found a fix for it apart from repair install? First I had this issue when I want to open my audio devices/sound controls (first on win7 but after a while I got it on win10 too) , now I...
  5. UAC prompt - .bat

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UAC prompt - .bat: Windowsversion: 1903 Hey guys I have been trying to find a topic that explained exactly what I needed. Think is, I have a file that I would like to run, but don't want to type in my administrator each time. I'd like right click on the file, and then be able to click on a...
  6. UAC Elevation prompts?

UAC Elevation prompts?: Which is more secure regards to the UAC Elevation prompt? And which one should I select for the Admin account? Prompt for Credentials on the Secure Desktop or Prompt for Credentials? 137776
  7. UAC Prompt

UAC Prompt: I am having difficulty accessing a website or PowerPoint document due to an issue with the UAC prompt. When the prompt comes up, I manually enter the username and password. *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Fakep@ssword1 The UAC prompt goes away for a split...
  8. Using Admin Account with UAC Prompting for Credentials?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Using Admin Account with UAC Prompting for Credentials?: I just installed Windows 10 and my local user account is a Local Admin Account. However, under Local Security Policy settings, I set the UAC Prompt to Prompt for Credentials on the Secure Desktop (for Admin accounts). Can I also use this account to browse the web, check...
  9. Allow specific programs Through UAC with no prompt

Allow specific programs Through UAC with no prompt: Hello, I am trying to allow a user to use their external hard drive unlocking security software (western digital "WD Drive Unlock.exe") when they plug in their external drive and not be prompted by the windows UAC. I tried changing it to "Not notify" and it still prompts...
  10. How to remove Context Menu Program UAC Prompt

How to remove Context Menu Program UAC Prompt: Hi, Been trying to sort this out, but no luck with my searching. I am using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free. Everytime I attempt to use the conttext menu to scan a file, I get the UAC prompt, which is extremly frustrating. I know the premium version must add policies to...