Windows 10: UAC, User Account Control, dialog in Windows 10 opens EACH time for every single PDF.

Discus and support UAC, User Account Control, dialog in Windows 10 opens EACH time for every single PDF. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am using a Win 10 Home PC. I have Adobe Acrobat , all updates done. Several days ago, the following problem started. Whenever I try to open a PDF... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by adam okhai, Feb 27, 2024.

1. UAC, User Account Control, dialog in Windows 10 opens EACH time for every single PDF.

I am using a Win 10 Home PC. I have Adobe Acrobat , all updates done. Several days ago, the following problem started. Whenever I try to open a PDF using Acrobat, the User Account Control dialog opens. The UAC opens EACH time for every single PDF in the same session. On a different PC with Win 11, this problem does not occur, although the settings in Adobe and in Edge and in Chrome are identical. I’d be very thankful for a solution. The issue is driving me batty. Many thanks

:)

adam okhai, Feb 27, 2024
  2. User Account Control

Hello Ridho,

To enable the User Account Control (UAC) on Windows 10, please follow these steps:

• Click the Start button, type UAC.
    • Click Change User Account Control settings.
    • Choose between two options to enable UAC:
      • Notify when apps try to make changes to your computer.
      • Always notify when installing or making any changes to your computer.
    • Click OK.
    • Click Yes or enter your password to finalize the change.
    Steps to disable User Account Control (UAC).

• Click the Start button, type UAC.
    • Click Change User Account Control settings.
    • Click Yes or enter your password.
    • Set the settings to Never notify.
    • Click OK to save the settings.
    Regards.

Devlin Sco, Feb 27, 2024
  3. UAC, User Account Control, dialog in Windows 10 opens EACH time for every single PDF.

Windows 10 UAC not showing dialog after change of settings?

I selected the option in Windows 10 UAC not to dim the screen (3 step down), now when it is expected to launch it doesn't open a modal dialog box. Task Manager reports Consent UI for administrative applications is running, but I can't see it!

I ran User Account Control Settings and switched back to the 2nd step down, but it's annoying to have the dimming.

Any way to get this working?

nigelmercier, Feb 27, 2024
Thema:

UAC, User Account Control, dialog in Windows 10 opens EACH time for every single PDF.

1. UAC, User Account Control, dialog in Windows 10 opens EACH time for every single PDF. - Similar Threads - UAC User Account

2. UAC User Account Control slow or timing out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UAC User Account Control slow or timing out: HiA couple of months ago, I started seeing pc's where the UAC kept dimming the screen for minutes after entering admin credentials and before starting the program/installation I wanted to start as an admin. Now I start seeing it on nearly every device I touch. It's even often...
  3. UAC User Account Control slow or timing out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UAC User Account Control slow or timing out: HiA couple of months ago, I started seeing pc's where the UAC kept dimming the screen for minutes after entering admin credentials and before starting the program/installation I wanted to start as an admin. Now I start seeing it on nearly every device I touch. It's even often...
  4. UAC User Account Control slow or timing out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. UAC, User Account Control, dialog in Windows 10 opens EACH time for every single PDF.

UAC, User Account Control, dialog in Windows 10 opens EACH time for every single PDF.: I am using a Win 10 Home PC. I have Adobe Acrobat , all updates done. Several days ago, the following problem started. Whenever I try to open a PDF using Acrobat, the User Account Control dialog opens. The UAC opens EACH time for every single PDF in the same session. On a...
  6. How to force the User Account Control UAC yes/no dialog window to stop appearing in virtual...

How to force the User Account Control UAC yes/no dialog window to stop appearing in virtual...: Whenever I run an untrusted program in Windows 11 the UAC pops up a dialog box in a window on a virtual desktop screen not my desktop with all the apps open and asks if I want this program to make changes to this device. Is there any way I can have this dialog window open on...
  7. How to force the User Account Control UAC yes/no dialog window to stop appearing in virtual...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to force the User Account Control UAC yes/no dialog window to stop appearing in virtual...: Whenever I run an untrusted program in Windows 11 the UAC pops up a dialog box in a window on a virtual desktop screen not my desktop with all the apps open and asks if I want this program to make changes to this device. Is there any way I can have this dialog window open on...
  8. UAC User Account Control

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    UAC User Account Control: Hello, I lost my UAC password, how can I reset it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uac-user-account-control/7def82c3-79cf-4843-8489-7dca9434c4b1
  9. problem with user account control (uac)

in Windows 10 Customization
    problem with user account control (uac): hey. i tried to turn on my pc yesterday and i got a problem with a file beeing removed. i then restarted my whole pc, and i thought it was fixed. but then my administrator confirmation wouldnt work. this means that i cant download apps and edit settings. i have tried to go to...
  10. Change User Account Control (UAC) Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change User Account Control (UAC) Settings in Windows 10: How to: Change User Account Control (UAC) Settings in Windows 10 How to Change User Account Control (UAC) Settings in Windows 10 User Account Control (UAC) helps prevent malware from damaging a computer and helps organizations deploy a better-managed desktop...