Windows 10: UAC won't switch off Drag/Shift open folders problem

Discus and support UAC won't switch off Drag/Shift open folders problem in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; 1. Despite having UAC control at zero, and disabling "Run all administrators in Admin approval" under Administrative tools > Local Security Policy,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Mustang, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Mustang Win User

UAC won't switch off Drag/Shift open folders problem

1. Despite having UAC control at zero, and disabling "Run all administrators in Admin approval" under Administrative tools > Local Security Policy, changing the appropriate registry entry ... UAC still shows pop ups if I rename a 3rd party app, or run the app.

2. When mouse pointer is placed in top task bar of an open folder, and left click held down to move the folder, about 70% of the time it won't move the folder instantly. The left click has to be held on for 1 -2 secs until the mouse pointer momentarily flickers, then the folder can be move.

Both these problem are major annoyances. Anyone know of any fixes? *Sad

Update: Re #2 I normally use a Microsoft wireless mouse and keyboard. I was recently forced to use a wired mouse and the drag/drop issue with open folders had disappeared. So it appears the wireless mouse is the problem ... and I have no idea why? *Sad

:)

Mustang, Aug 18, 2015

2. Help! How do I stop One Drive Sync in Windows 10?

That's right. If you tell OneDrive not to sync the Documents folder, then you won't see a Documents folder when you open your OneDrive anymore (in other words, your OneDrive will be empty because it's turned off). You'll have to just use the Documents
    folder that's not inside OneDrive instead.

If you have stuff inside the OneDrive documents folder, you might want to drag it out to your desktop before you turn it off, then drag them to the non-OneDrive documents folder.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Aug 18, 2015
  3. Access is denied (Cant edit, delete or even view security properties of folder)

All system folders are subject to UAC (User Account Control). You should not need to modify anything there. If you must then you can try either of these methods:

• Do it while in Safe Mode. Click Shift+Restart to get into Safe Mode.
    • Turn off UAC.

Frederik Long, Aug 18, 2015
Thema:

UAC won't switch off Drag/Shift open folders problem

1. UAC won't switch off Drag/Shift open folders problem - Similar Threads - UAC won't switch

2. The problem of dragging objects in folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The problem of dragging objects in folders: I sometimes have such a problem that objects photos, videos, folders, etc. are not dragged. when I select them with the mouse and want to drag them to another place. Аnd how to get rid of it....
  3. The problem of dragging objects in folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The problem of dragging objects in folders: I sometimes have such a problem that objects photos, videos, folders, etc. are not dragged. when I select them with the mouse and want to drag them to another place. Аnd how to get rid of it....
  4. The problem of dragging objects in folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    The problem of dragging objects in folders: I sometimes have such a problem that objects photos, videos, folders, etc. are not dragged. when I select them with the mouse and want to drag them to another place...
  5. Problems with Switching Language with Shift+Alt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with Switching Language with Shift+Alt: In Settings i have confirmed many times that Shift+Alt is for switch between keyboards for other languages.and I have confirmed many times as well that extra keyboards are added.But from time to time the switch won't work.Instead it shows sth else and the keyboard remains the...
  6. Problems with Switching Language with Shift+Alt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with Switching Language with Shift+Alt: In Settings i have confirmed many times that Shift+Alt is for switch between keyboards for other languages.and I have confirmed many times as well that extra keyboards are added.But from time to time the switch won't work.Instead it shows sth else and the keyboard remains the...
  7. UAC will not turn off

in Windows 10 Customization
    UAC will not turn off: I want to use colemak. I try to download AutoHotKey to do so, and UAC stops me. I go to control panel and go to UAC settings, but UAC stops me from editing UAC settings. I need help before I flip my table....
  8. UAC problems

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UAC problems: I have UAC problems. I want to turn it off but I need admin rights. So I switched user to admin, turned it off, and log on on my account but there it isnt. When I want to turn it off from that acc, I cant cuz I need admin right. What is going on? 15917
  9. UAC Problems.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    UAC Problems.: Bree !.. Thanks from me ( 'the struggler ') also. I've updated Windows and look forward to my next effort !. Alan .
  10. UAC Off and needs to be but store and edge won't work

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    UAC Off and needs to be but store and edge won't work: We have to turn off the UAC because of a old software package we use but this stops us being able to use the store and edge due to the cannot be used on the built in admin account. Anyone know a way around this. Or a better way of doing this Also as our group policy are...