Windows 10: UAC

Discus and support UAC in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do I deactivate UAC so I can install my laser printers. I even changed the 'never notify' but UAC remains ON.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by rharrison003, Nov 14, 2019.

1. UAC

How do I deactivate UAC so I can install my laser printers. I even changed the 'never notify' but UAC remains ON.

:)

rharrison003, Nov 14, 2019
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Windows 10 UAC problems

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I suggest you to disable the UAC-(Select the bar as shown in the below screen shot) and check with the issue. To open User account control settings, follow the steps:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.
    • Type User account control settings.

UAC 3bad81a6-0885-4c42-b10d-9c53d2f543f7.png

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Nov 14, 2019
  3. Problem with UAC in win 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

To disable UAC prompts, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• In the search bar, type Control Panel and press Enter.
    • Click on User Accounts and again click on User Accounts.
    • Click on Change User account control settings.
    • Provide password for the UAC prompt.
    • Drag the box from Always Notify to Never Notify and click on OK.
    • Provide password for the UAC prompt (if asked again).

Important: Turning off UAC reduces the security of your computer and may expose you to increased risk from malicious software. We do not recommend leaving UAC disabled.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 14, 2019
  4. UAC

Any way to enable an admin password for UAC in windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps:

• Open User Account Control Settings by clicking the Start button.
    • Then type uac, and then click Change User Account Control settings.

• Do one of the following:
    • To turn off UAC, move the slider to the Never notify position, and then click
      OK. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. You will need to restart your computer for UAC to be turned off.
    • To turn on UAC, move the slider to choose when you want to be notified, and then click
      OK. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

UAC

1. UAC - Similar Threads - UAC

2. Opening some programs takes too long to trigger UAC prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Opening some programs takes too long to trigger UAC prompt: Opening any program has a 2-5s delay before the UAC prompt appear. But opening any other programs has no delay.Notes:sfc /scannowthe 3 DISM thingfast boot is disabled3 month old pc, all brand newonly 1 user account in pcall programs are installed in ssd hdd for storage...
  3. Opening some programs takes too long to trigger UAC prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opening some programs takes too long to trigger UAC prompt: Opening any program has a 2-5s delay before the UAC prompt appear. But opening any other programs has no delay.Notes:sfc /scannowthe 3 DISM thingfast boot is disabled3 month old pc, all brand newonly 1 user account in pcall programs are installed in ssd hdd for storage...
  4. Opening some programs takes too long to trigger UAC prompt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Disable UAC for non admin on domain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable UAC for non admin on domain: I have a Windows 11 computer. UAC doesn't allow me to lower the UAC settings for a non admin user on this computer. It keeps telling me to log in to an administrator account to do so but when I log into that administrator account it doesn't change it for the non admin user. I...
  6. Disable UAC for non admin on domain

Disable UAC for non admin on domain: I have a Windows 11 computer. UAC doesn't allow me to lower the UAC settings for a non admin user on this computer. It keeps telling me to log in to an administrator account to do so but when I log into that administrator account it doesn't change it for the non admin user. I...
  7. UAC, User Account Control, dialog in Windows 10 opens EACH time for every single PDF.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UAC, User Account Control, dialog in Windows 10 opens EACH time for every single PDF.: I am using a Win 10 Home PC. I have Adobe Acrobat , all updates done. Several days ago, the following problem started. Whenever I try to open a PDF using Acrobat, the User Account Control dialog opens. The UAC opens EACH time for every single PDF in the same session. On a...
  8. UAC, User Account Control, dialog in Windows 10 opens EACH time for every single PDF.

UAC, User Account Control, dialog in Windows 10 opens EACH time for every single PDF.: I am using a Win 10 Home PC. I have Adobe Acrobat , all updates done. Several days ago, the following problem started. Whenever I try to open a PDF using Acrobat, the User Account Control dialog opens. The UAC opens EACH time for every single PDF in the same session. On a...
  9. Take back control. Become super user admin with control of gp and uac.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Take back control. Become super user admin with control of gp and uac.: I’ve been hacked now my devices are infected with malware. It’s a key logger rat and it’s taking all my personal data, all my emails basically taken control of everything. It has all uac permissions and group policy in its favour. I tried to net user myself in but was denied,...
  10. Take back control. Become super user admin with control of gp and uac.

Take back control. Become super user admin with control of gp and uac.: I’ve been hacked now my devices are infected with malware. It’s a key logger rat and it’s taking all my personal data, all my emails basically taken control of everything. It has all uac permissions and group policy in its favour. I tried to net user myself in but was denied,...