Windows 10: UAD vs. HDA Drivers Dell XPS

Discus and support UAD vs. HDA Drivers Dell XPS in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just received a new XPS 15 9500 in the mail today and intend to open and set up this weekend. It's replacing a XPS 13 9350 (a few years old now).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mccnavy, Dec 16, 2020.

1. mccnavy Win User

UAD vs. HDA Drivers Dell XPS

I just received a new XPS 15 9500 in the mail today and intend to open and set up this weekend. It's replacing a XPS 13 9350 (a few years old now). Minor complaint I've had with the XPS 13 is that newer UAD (audio) drivers are incompatible (no sound or simply won't install) and you are stuck using legacy HDA drivers that aren't updated as often. In looking at the file size of the audio drivers for the XPS 15 9500 (Dell's web site) it appears they are also the legacy HDA drivers. Has anyone tried installing UAD from Microsoft Catalog or similar...i.e. generic without MaxxAudio or other enhancements? I've had good luck with the UAD on my desktop and with the new Realtek Audio Control app. Would like to use these on my laptop(s) as well. Thanks.

Windows version will be Windows 10 Pro 20H2

:)

mccnavy, Dec 16, 2020
  2. erpster4 Win User

For ASUS UAD Realtek drivers and Sonic Suite

oh lucky ASRock users! *Biggrin

ASRock has just posted the v6.0.1.8619 FF00 HDA driver on their web site (found this listed for an ASRock B365 Phantom Gaming 4 motherboard in the Windows 7 64bit drivers section; the Windows 10 64bit drivers section lists the 8597 UAD driver instead for that board)

8612 recently mentioned on MUC but a UAD driver (not HDA); expect few to no new HDA drivers on MUC as most of the time, new drivers on there are usually UAD

Edit 1/23: Since I had v8606 HDA on most systems, I will definitely update to v8619 FF00 HDA and download the 8619 HDA driver from ASRock, not from Necacom (as what Soxa suggested earlier)

erpster4, Dec 16, 2020
  3. Determine the HDA Realtek driver needed for your Audio

Thank you. I'll try to ask them. Hopefully I get a response *Biggrin.

P.S I did a clean install of everything realtek wise. Used DDU to remove the drivers and Driver explorer to double check any remnants.

carlcapone, Dec 16, 2020
  4. Ownsin Win User

Realtek Audio Console REQUIRES a Realtek HD (UAD) Driver!!

Here's the issue. You saw that driver you linked for my Mobo on the Asrock driver page. It actually doesn't work with the Realtek Audio Console at all. This is why I'm looking for a newer one that would work or figure out the reason it's not working.

Ownsin, Dec 16, 2020
Thema:

1. UAD vs. HDA Drivers Dell XPS - Similar Threads - UAD HDA Drivers

2. Dell XPS - Wifi driver not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell XPS - Wifi driver not working: Hi,I have a Dell XPS, the wifi driver is not working. I have been in contact with both Dell and Intel about this. Intel advised that I should download the Dell driver rather than the generic driver provided by Intel. However, it seems that a Microsoft driver is being...
  3. Dell XPS - Wifi driver not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell XPS - Wifi driver not working: Hi,I have a Dell XPS, the wifi driver is not working. I have been in contact with both Dell and Intel about this. Intel advised that I should download the Dell driver rather than the generic driver provided by Intel. However, it seems that a Microsoft driver is being...
  4. Questions about the Dell XPS 15 9575 drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Questions about the Dell XPS 15 9575 drivers: I have a Dell XPS 15 2in1 9575 running Windows 10 version 21H2. At the moment it's graphics card drivers always drop as soon as the installation is finished, I don't know what it's because of. The contents of the Setupapi.dev.log file, read from the %Systemroot%/INF folder,...
  5. Uninstalling Realtek UAD and installing fresh drivers (HDA)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Uninstalling Realtek UAD and installing fresh drivers (HDA): Hey there! Is there a way to uninstall completely current Realtek Audio driver and install fresh one from our site, from here? Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version [2] I'm not a fan of this UAD driver, want to change to legacy one, if there is a option to do such thing If...
  6. realtek hda driver

realtek hda driver: so i few weeks back updated my realtek hda drivers and now they have vanished off of my computer. I cant find my realtek hda in the task manager. This is bothering me cause my laptop doesen't detect my headsets mic anymore. The laptop just uses the built in mic. So does...
  7. Upgrade Old Dell XPS 15 9550 vs Buying New Dell XPS Laptop?

Upgrade Old Dell XPS 15 9550 vs Buying New Dell XPS Laptop?: Hey all. I posted this a while back but did not get a new battery nor get a new computer. My laptop battery is now 2.5 years and about 92% worn out. I had bought a replacement for it 2.5 years ago when the originally battery lasted for 1.5 years. So I mentioned I play online...
  8. Tutorial for updating DCH/UAD drivers

Tutorial for updating DCH/UAD drivers: Admin: please put this in the stick. People have asked me to do a tutorial on how to update Realtek UAD drivers, so here is a brief outline on how I update my Realtek UAD driver. 1) The proper name for Realtek UAD driver in Microsoft's language is DCH driver. Legacy drivers...
  9. internet dell XPS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    internet dell XPS: Hi I just bought the Dell XPS 13 7390 I7, and somehow i missed out that it didnt come with Windows 10. It came with Ubuntu Linux. I decided that it was probably quicker to download and install Windows 10 via the official website, and did so using the USB method. I removed...
  10. Scrolling on Chrome vs Edge using Dell XPS 15

in Browsers and Email
    Scrolling on Chrome vs Edge using Dell XPS 15: I have been using Chrome for a number of years now, but on a whim I decided to load up Edge, and wow, what a difference as far as scrolling and swiping. I didn't even realize, but the scrolling on Chrome is quite labored in comparison. It's much slower, requires more movement...