Windows 10: Ubuntu 20.04 vs. Windows 10 WSL/WSL2 Performance In 170+ Benchmarks

Discus and support Ubuntu 20.04 vs. Windows 10 WSL/WSL2 Performance In 170+ Benchmarks in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/pdp10 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hggwdn/ubuntu_2004_vs_windows_10_wslwsl2_performance_in/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/pdp10, Jun 26, 2020.

1. /u/pdp10 Win User

Ubuntu 20.04 vs. Windows 10 WSL/WSL2 Performance In 170+ Benchmarks

/u/pdp10, Jun 26, 2020
  2. Bill Smithers, Jun 26, 2020
  3. Alternatives to using Windows Store to install Linux distro on WSL

I just wanted to ask what alternatives there are to using the Windows 10 to install Linux distros on WSL.

Also, it seems like Ubuntu 19 isn't available for the WSL. Is there a chance that we'll be able to install it when WSL2 is released? And I'd like to get the latest non-LTS version if possible (though it's alright if it's not possible too).

OsmanZakir, Jun 26, 2020
  4. Ubuntu 20.04 vs. Windows 10 WSL/WSL2 Performance In 170+ Benchmarks

Couldn't install Ubuntu 18.04 on WSL

Just tried it. Still the same.

Uninstalled Ubuntu 16,

Turned off the WSL feature,

Restarted comptuer

Turned on the WSL feature

Tried installing Ubuntu 18.

vikneshdbz, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

Ubuntu 20.04 vs. Windows 10 WSL/WSL2 Performance In 170+ Benchmarks

1. Ubuntu 20.04 vs. Windows 10 WSL/WSL2 Performance In 170+ Benchmarks - Similar Threads - Ubuntu WSL WSL2

2. WSL2 & Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WSL2 & Ubuntu: When trying to run ubuntu on windows subsystem it will not allow me to toggle on the subsystem feature. My virtualization is on. Do I need to change the boot mode from UEFI? Acer nitro windows 11. I've tried with a virtual box download to and it will not load ubuntu. Help!...
  3. WSL2 & Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WSL2 & Ubuntu: When trying to run ubuntu on windows subsystem it will not allow me to toggle on the subsystem feature. My virtualization is on. Do I need to change the boot mode from UEFI? Acer nitro windows 11. I've tried with a virtual box download to and it will not load ubuntu. Help!...
  4. WSL2 Ubuntu problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WSL2 Ubuntu problems: Hello everbody,i have the problem that my ubuntu with wsl2 is not running anymore after temporarily disabling Hyper-V in the Windows-Features.The information in the command window when i try to start is: Please activate the Windows-Feature "VM-Platform" and ensure that...
  5. WSL2 Ubuntu problems

WSL2 Ubuntu problems: Hello everbody,i have the problem that my ubuntu with wsl2 is not running anymore after temporarily disabling Hyper-V in the Windows-Features.The information in the command window when i try to start is: Please activate the Windows-Feature "VM-Platform" and ensure that...
  6. WSL2 - Ubuntu vs Ubuntu 20.04

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WSL2 - Ubuntu vs Ubuntu 20.04: Hey,I am using WSL 2 Windows 11 and I noticed there is a generic Ubuntu version listed.What is the difference between Ubuntu and Ubuntu 20.04 LTS? What version is Ubuntu Name and Friendly Name...
  7. WSL2 - Ubuntu vs Ubuntu 20.04

WSL2 - Ubuntu vs Ubuntu 20.04: Hey,I am using WSL 2 Windows 11 and I noticed there is a generic Ubuntu version listed.What is the difference between Ubuntu and Ubuntu 20.04 LTS? What version is Ubuntu Name and Friendly Name...
  8. Installing a Package in WSL - Ubuntu 20

Installing a Package in WSL - Ubuntu 20: I am running WSL version 1. I am trying to install mingw-w64, but it says it is unable to locate the package. How can I install this? I am running 1909. 183850
  9. Installing a Package in WSL - Ubuntu 20

in Windows 10 Support
    Installing a Package in WSL - Ubuntu 20: I am running WSL version 1. I am trying to install mingw-w64, but it says it is unable to locate the package. How can I install this? I am running 1909. 183850
  10. Pro vs. Enterprise benchmarks...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Pro vs. Enterprise benchmarks...: Some sites benchmarking hardware include testing with 10 Pro and Enterprise, like this site. With the limited number of benchmarks, the Enterprise version performs about 7-8% better: [img] Presumably and pretty much standard with benchmarking, the hardware platform is...