Windows 10: Ubuntu App Keyboard Shortcut Slow

Discus and support Ubuntu App Keyboard Shortcut Slow in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just setup a keyboard shortcut to open a new terminal for the Ubuntu app. However, it takes 5 seconds to open which is longer than it takes me to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ryanjsfx, Jan 20, 2018.

1. ryanjsfx Win User

Ubuntu App Keyboard Shortcut Slow

I just setup a keyboard shortcut to open a new terminal for the Ubuntu app. However, it takes 5 seconds to open which is longer than it takes me to manually open a new window. How can I make it faster?

:)

ryanjsfx, Jan 20, 2018
  2. igonro Win User

Keyboard shortcuts not working on Desktop

This is happening when I create a keyboard shorcut from the Properties window of the shortcut. I have the issue for every keyboard shortcut that I tried. I tried:CTRL + ALT + T : CMD; CTRL + ALT + F : Firefox; CTRL + ALT + B : Ubuntu Bash on Windows

And the keyboard shortcut work well when I have the file explorer or any program open; but it doesn't work when i am on Desktop.

igonro, Jan 20, 2018
  3. Keyboard shortcuts frustratingly slow?

Hi,

Thanks!! This makes perfect sense! (Meaning, that I now know why it works that way, not that I agree with such a crippling design approach). As far as I am concerned, this pretty much precludes me from using the left shortcut key (hey, it's called a shortcut,
    because it's meant to save time, not introduce extra delays). Kind of makes me miss the Siemens' "hold # to lock" locking mechanism... I hope that Nokia reads these forums :-]

Again, thanks for pointing out the obvious explanation!

breach---01, Jan 20, 2018
Thema:

Ubuntu App Keyboard Shortcut Slow

1. Ubuntu App Keyboard Shortcut Slow - Similar Threads - Ubuntu App Keyboard

2. Keyboard shortcuts slow to execute

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard shortcuts slow to execute: This annoyance is still evident in Windows 11 22H2, perhaps because it's deeply embedded in the code or of very low priority, Many years ago, it was referred to MS high level support.When assigned shortcut keys are used to launch a program there is a delay - usually about...
  3. Keyboard shortcuts slow to execute

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard shortcuts slow to execute: This annoyance is still evident in Windows 11 22H2, perhaps because it's deeply embedded in the code or of very low priority, Many years ago, it was referred to MS high level support.When assigned shortcut keys are used to launch a program there is a delay - usually about...
  4. Why are custom Keyboard Shortcuts, for Desktop Shortcuts, so slow to execute?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are custom Keyboard Shortcuts, for Desktop Shortcuts, so slow to execute?: It takes at least 2-3 seconds for my applications to open when pressing a custom Keyboard Shortcut I configure for Desktop Shortcuts.This issue is recurrent on 3 computers I use Windows 10.I've read multiple articles, forums and posts but I haven't found any useful...
  5. Why are custom Keyboard Shortcuts, for Desktop Shortcuts, so slow to execute?

Why are custom Keyboard Shortcuts, for Desktop Shortcuts, so slow to execute?: It takes at least 2-3 seconds for my applications to open when pressing a custom Keyboard Shortcut I configure for Desktop Shortcuts.This issue is recurrent on 3 computers I use Windows 10.I've read multiple articles, forums and posts but I haven't found any useful...
  6. Why are custom Keyboard Shortcuts, for Desktop Shortcuts, so slow to execute?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Do keyboard shortcuts for apps not work?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Do keyboard shortcuts for apps not work?: They do sometimes, but rarely so. The one consistent shortcut is the one on chrome. Do i need to place the app on the desktop for it to work consistently? submitted by /u/Assassinatrix [link] [comments]...
  8. Ubuntu App

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Ubuntu App: I installed ubuntu off the windows store to use it with webstorm for work on a translation project using apertium. Right clicking on the icon in the menu doesn't show me where it is installed and I would like to use it as the terminal in webstorm. I also don't appear to have...
  9. App-specific keyboard shortcuts

App-specific keyboard shortcuts: I just recently got a Windows 10 PC, and I am having a problem. While general keyboard shortcuts (like Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V) work in all applications, shortcuts specific to an application don't work. Is there a fix for this problem? 32635
  10. Keyboard Shortcuts for Apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Keyboard Shortcuts for Apps in Windows 10: How to: Keyboard Shortcuts for Apps in Windows 10 List of Keyboard Shortcuts for Apps in Windows 10 Keyboard shortcuts are combinations of two or more keys that perform a task that would typically require a mouse or other pointing device. Keyboard shortcuts can save you...