Windows 10: Ubuntu available in Windows Store

Discus and support Ubuntu available in Windows Store in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; That's REALLY something: "...Here's a statement that would have been unimaginable in previous years: Ubuntu has arrived in the Windows Store. As... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by georgeks, Jul 11, 2017.

1. georgeks Win User

Ubuntu available in Windows Store

That's REALLY something:

"...Here's a statement that would have been unimaginable in previous years: Ubuntu has arrived in the Windows Store. As promised back in May, you can now download a flavor of the popular Linux distribution to run inside Windows 10. It won't compare to a conventional Ubuntu installation, as it's sandboxed (it has limited interaction with Windows) and is focused on running command line utilities like bash or SSH. However, it also makes running a form of Linux relatively trivial. You don't have to dual boot..."

Ubuntu Linux is available in the Windows Store

:)

georgeks, Jul 11, 2017

2. Ubuntu on windows

I have just downloaded Ubuntu from windows store and earlier I downloaded it from command prompt which was bash on ubuntu on windows. Is there is any difference between them other than scroll bar which is available in ubuntu from windows store?

Shashank1997, Jul 11, 2017
  3. Can we install Hadoop on windows bash shell or Windows Subsystem Linux?

Hi All,

Ubuntu is available in windows store. I would like to know whether we can install Hadoop on windows 10 bash shell?

sudheerarisankala, Jul 11, 2017
Thema:

Ubuntu available in Windows Store

1. Ubuntu available in Windows Store - Similar Threads - Ubuntu available Store

2. Make Ubuntu 16.04 LTS available for all users on Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Make Ubuntu 16.04 LTS available for all users on Windows: I have installed Ubuntu 16.04 LTS on Windows 10 Enterprise using WSL2 as well. I can't get Ubuntu to install for all users on the computer. Is there a way to make the installed/configured version of Ubuntu available to all users on the computer? Ubuntu 16.04 LTS was installed...
  3. Make Ubuntu 16.04 LTS available for all users on Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Make Ubuntu 16.04 LTS available for all users on Windows: I have installed Ubuntu 16.04 LTS on Windows 10 Enterprise using WSL2 as well. I can't get Ubuntu to install for all users on the computer. Is there a way to make the installed/configured version of Ubuntu available to all users on the computer? Ubuntu 16.04 LTS was installed...
  4. Make Ubuntu 16.04 LTS available for all users on Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 no longer available after installing Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 no longer available after installing Ubuntu: I have a Windows 10 partition /dev/nvme0n1p2 with 383 GB allocated and I recently installed Ubuntu on a separate partition /dev/nvme0n1p6 FAT with 256MB allocated and /dev/nvme0n1p7 Ext4 with 111GB allocated. After installing Ubuntu, Windows does not appear in the GRUB loader...
  6. Windows 10 no longer available after installing Ubuntu

Windows 10 no longer available after installing Ubuntu: I have a Windows 10 partition /dev/nvme0n1p2 with 383 GB allocated and I recently installed Ubuntu on a separate partition /dev/nvme0n1p6 FAT with 256MB allocated and /dev/nvme0n1p7 Ext4 with 111GB allocated. After installing Ubuntu, Windows does not appear in the GRUB loader...
  7. Windows 10 no longer available after installing Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Avast Firewall Blocking Ubuntu Windows Store App

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Avast Firewall Blocking Ubuntu Windows Store App: Avast Firewall is on and set to ask for connections to allow or block. I installed Ubuntu Windows Store App, but could not connect. Avast Firewall did not ask anything. It always asks even if the program is a Windows Store app, but for Ubuntu app, it does not. I tried to add...
  9. Avast Firewall Blocking Ubuntu Windows Store App

Avast Firewall Blocking Ubuntu Windows Store App: Avast Firewall is on and set to ask for connections to allow or block. I installed Ubuntu Windows Store App, but could not connect. Avast Firewall did not ask anything. It always asks even if the program is a Windows Store app, but for Ubuntu app, it does not. I tried to add...
  10. Ubuntu now in the Windows Store

in Windows 10 News
    Ubuntu now in the Windows Store: Ok, now this is where and why it gets interesting. Soon (later this month I'm told) we will be able to have n number of native Linux distros on our Windows 10 machines at one time. You can install as many as you like from the store. No VMs, just fast Linux...on Windows!...