Windows 10: Ubuntu for Windows autocomplete is showing a static location and not working directory

Discus and support Ubuntu for Windows autocomplete is showing a static location and not working directory in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I tab to autocomplete my for it lists mycomput.dll and mydocs.dll. I have notepad aliased to launch /mnt/c/Windows/System32/notepad.exe & in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LeiterHaus, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Ubuntu for Windows autocomplete is showing a static location and not working directory

When I tab to autocomplete my for it lists mycomput.dll and mydocs.dll. I have notepad aliased to launch /mnt/c/Windows/System32/notepad.exe & in ~/.bash_aliases and after some searching, that's the location my autofill seems locked to. How do I get autofill back to acting on the working directory? Or is this going to be a problem everytime I launch Notepad.exe from within powershell?

Thanks in advance, and I realize that powershell is a grey are between Linux and Windows, so any help is appreciated.

submitted by /u/LeiterHaus
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LeiterHaus, Apr 5, 2020
  2. rboppy Win User

Networking issue - Windows and Ubuntu

Went on a short trip, took my Windows 10 laptop, turned off the Ubuntu computer and my wife's Windows 10 computer. When I returned, I turned everything back on and nether Windows computer could see the Ubuntu 16.04 LTS computer. On the Ubuntu computer, Files/Network clicking on Windows Network received "Unable to access location - Failed to retrieve share list from server: No such file or directory" error. Both Windows computers were able to use the Ubuntu before the trip.

Any suggestions?

rboppy, Apr 5, 2020
  3. Gymbos Win User
    Networking problem between Windows and Ubuntu

Went on a short trip, took my Windows 10 laptop, turned off the Ubuntu computer and my wife's Windows 10 computer. When I returned, I turned everything back on and nether Windows computer could see the Ubuntu 16.04 LTS computer. On the Ubuntu computer,
    Files/Network clicking on Windows Network received "Unable to access location - Failed to retrieve share list from server: No such file or directory" error. Both Windows computers were able to use the Ubuntu before the trip.

Any suggestions?

Gymbos, Apr 5, 2020
  4. Deb240 Win User

Ubuntu for Windows autocomplete is showing a static location and not working directory

autocomplete list in windows 10 mail app

How do I remove an address in the autocomplete list in the Windows 10 mail app? I have a name that appears in the autocomplete list that I don't see in my Peoples app; thus I'm not able to delete the name by going to the Peoples app. The suggested autocomplete
    address is no longer an active address thus I would like it removed from the autocomplete list.

Deb240, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

Ubuntu for Windows autocomplete is showing a static location and not working directory

1. Ubuntu for Windows autocomplete is showing a static location and not working directory - Similar Threads - Ubuntu autocomplete showing

2. Contacts not autocompleting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Contacts not autocompleting.: Some of my contacts are not autocompleting. They do not come up when I start to type in a name. I’ve tried to add new contacts with the same information, but it still won’t come up....
  3. Desktop Directory/Location problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop Directory/Location problem: I changed the directory of my desktop to drive D thus merging my desktop with drive D and now all of the folders on Drive D appeared on my Desktop. I tried to change it back to the default location in C:\Users\Pc but now the Pc folder is also gone, and when I click the apply...
  4. Desktop Directory/Location problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Directory/Location problem: I changed the directory of my desktop to drive D thus merging my desktop with drive D and now all of the folders on Drive D appeared on my Desktop. I tried to change it back to the default location in C:\Users\Pc but now the Pc folder is also gone, and when I click the apply...
  5. Desktop Directory/Location problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Autocomplete not working in Windows 10 Email Program

in Windows 10 Customization
    Autocomplete not working in Windows 10 Email Program: When i am surfing through Edge i find articles that i want to send to people. i click on the drop down menu on the top right corner and choose share. When i do the Windows 10 email program pops a box up and i start typing my email but it does not autocomplete. It says it is...
  7. Help with Hyper-v and static IP on Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with Hyper-v and static IP on Ubuntu: I already quit trying to use a bridge and now letting the DHCP supply the IP, but everytime I boot the machine the DHCP gives me a new IP. Is possible to "fix" this random range or is there any real way to make it get fixed? The virtual switch configuration dont presents any...
  8. Ubuntu not working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ubuntu not working on Windows 10: I have installed Ubuntu from Windows Store. I also enable WSL feature in Control Panel but still i get error message: "WslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x8007019e" It says that i have to enable WSL feature which i already have and restarted as well. Please help!...
  9. File and Folder autocomplete stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    File and Folder autocomplete stopped working: Hi there! Crossposted here: https://eileenslounge.com/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=31584 I have a very annoying problem in my Windows 10 system: File and Folder autocomplete has stopped working. I am sure I did not make any changes to settings with this regards. In fact I checked...
  10. email autocomplete

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    email autocomplete: I changed an email address in People however in Mail the old address keeps coming up first. How do eliminate it so the new correct address comes up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-autocomplete/2ca32f80-3e4b-48cf-b025-2b0d779ba2cb