Windows 10: ubuntu install from store did not handle initial password

Discus and support ubuntu install from store did not handle initial password in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Not sure if this is the correct place for a question about your WSL app I as asked for username and password. I made a mistake on the password... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BeemerBiker, Aug 15, 2019.

1. ubuntu install from store did not handle initial password

Not sure if this is the correct place for a question about your WSL app

I as asked for username and password. I made a mistake on the password confirm and failed to notice that it was ASKING FOR A YES OR NO

I assumed (from several native 18.04 installs) that it wanted me to type in the password again. So I put my password in instead of the expected "yes I want to re-enter".

It no longer asked for a password and every attempt to do a SUDA failed with qujote: Authentication token manipulation error

I did a reinstall of 18.04

:)

BeemerBiker, Aug 15, 2019
  2. Easo Win User

Fedora, Ubuntu, and SuSE Linux Available from Windows Store

It seems people here missed the fact that WSL with Ubuntu has been available for almost a year now and are surprised, when SUSE and Fedore have been added to the list.
    Only difference there is that Ubuntu will install directly from the Store, I assume, without the need to turn on dev mode, add Windows feature and so on.

3. the handle is invalid HELP!

I'm going through the same thing right now. i tried to go in and come in on safe mode but it still would give me the same error. Now it will take my password, start to log in and bring up my main screen but it blip then goes back to the sign in page where i put my password in it would give that 'invalid handle" message.

mobtonguezilla, Aug 15, 2019
  4. xfire Win User

ubuntu install from store did not handle initial password

xfire, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

ubuntu install from store did not handle initial password

1. ubuntu install from store did not handle initial password - Similar Threads - ubuntu install store

2. did i have an initial windows 10 password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    did i have an initial windows 10 password?: Start-up repair asks me for a password, and gives me the email address for the account. Is it my password for Microsoft or what? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/did-i-have-an-initial-windows-10-password/fcd97402-d876-4e7c-9b0d-c03e2a52faa3
  3. did i have an initial windows 10 password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    did i have an initial windows 10 password?: Start-up repair asks me for a password, and gives me the email address for the account. Is it my password for Microsoft or what? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/did-i-have-an-initial-windows-10-password/fcd97402-d876-4e7c-9b0d-c03e2a52faa3
  4. did i have an initial windows 10 password?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Install Windows 10 from Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install Windows 10 from Ubuntu: Hi, I want to know how to create a Windows 10 bootable image from the linux distro, Ubuntu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-windows-10-from-ubuntu/fd250cf5-803c-4d10-a29c-536bfe13058e
  6. Install Windows 10 from Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install Windows 10 from Ubuntu: Hi, I want to know how to create a Windows 10 bootable image from the linux distro, Ubuntu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-windows-10-from-ubuntu/fd250cf5-803c-4d10-a29c-536bfe13058e
  7. Installing Windows 10 from Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing Windows 10 from Ubuntu: I don’t know shit about computers so please bear with me. so I recently installed ubuntu on my failing laptop and it’s fine. but I messed up and didn’t do the try ubuntu thing so all my windows files are deleted. I want to install windows 10 on my laptop again and I have the...
  8. Installing win10 from ubuntu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing win10 from ubuntu: Hi! I tried to reinstall my windows 10 from a bootable usb, but after an error on the installation, I can't boot anymore from the windows 10 installer. I tried recreating the usb from RUFUS and WINDOWS 10 MEDIA CREATION TOOL. Tried modiying bios secure boot, legacy mode, fast...
  9. Install Windows10 from Ubuntu 18.04

Install Windows10 from Ubuntu 18.04: Hi everyone, First of all, sorry for my english, it's not my native language, and i hope i'll be clear in my explanations. :) Recently, a friend of mine gave me a notebook, with Ubuntu 18.04 already installed on it. However, i want to replace it with Windows 10. So i bought...
  10. Installing windows from ubuntu

Installing windows from ubuntu: So i recently downloaded ubuntu on my computer, and now i want to go back to windows However I don't want to buy it since i previously bought it, is there i way to get it for free since i previously got it?...