Windows 10: ubuntu install from store did not handle initial password

Discus and support ubuntu install from store did not handle initial password in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Not sure if this is the correct place for a question about your WSL app I as asked for username and password. I made a mistake on the password... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BeemerBiker, Aug 15, 2019.

1. ubuntu install from store did not handle initial password

Not sure if this is the correct place for a question about your WSL app

I as asked for username and password. I made a mistake on the password confirm and failed to notice that it was ASKING FOR A YES OR NO

I assumed (from several native 18.04 installs) that it wanted me to type in the password again. So I put my password in instead of the expected "yes I want to re-enter".

It no longer asked for a password and every attempt to do a SUDA failed with qujote: Authentication token manipulation error

I did a reinstall of 18.04

:)

BeemerBiker, Aug 15, 2019
  2. Easo Win User

Fedora, Ubuntu, and SuSE Linux Available from Windows Store

It seems people here missed the fact that WSL with Ubuntu has been available for almost a year now and are surprised, when SUSE and Fedore have been added to the list.
    Only difference there is that Ubuntu will install directly from the Store, I assume, without the need to turn on dev mode, add Windows feature and so on.

3. the handle is invalid HELP!

I'm going through the same thing right now. i tried to go in and come in on safe mode but it still would give me the same error. Now it will take my password, start to log in and bring up my main screen but it blip then goes back to the sign in page where i put my password in it would give that 'invalid handle" message.

mobtonguezilla, Aug 15, 2019
  4. xfire Win User

ubuntu install from store did not handle initial password

xfire, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

ubuntu install from store did not handle initial password

1. ubuntu install from store did not handle initial password - Similar Threads - ubuntu install store

2. installing Windows on Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    installing Windows on Ubuntu: I have Ubuntu 18.04 but I would like to install Windows 10 either along side it or instead. I have the ios on a usb that I have mounted using MultiWriter. When I restart the laptop and click boot options, the usb is not presented as one of the options. I would appreciate as...
  3. Access USB drive in installed Ubuntu 16.04 from microsoft store in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access USB drive in installed Ubuntu 16.04 from microsoft store in windows 10: Hi All, My system is running with windows 10 and i have installed Ubuntu16.04 from store. I want to access USB drive in installed Ubuntu 16.04. Is it possible to access it? If yes than please share methode to do it. Please let me know if any further information...
  4. MS Store App Did Not Install At Reset

MS Store App Did Not Install At Reset: I just did a clean reset of my Surface Pro and several pre-installed apps did not install. For example Skype, Windows Store, and several others. The problem is, I cannot install other essential apps like MS Money and One Note, Skype, etc without the windows store app and...
  5. Install Windows10 from Ubuntu 18.04

Install Windows10 from Ubuntu 18.04: Hi everyone, First of all, sorry for my english, it's not my native language, and i hope i'll be clear in my explanations. :) Recently, a friend of mine gave me a notebook, with Ubuntu 18.04 already installed on it. However, i want to replace it with Windows 10. So i bought...
  6. Install Windows10 from Ubuntu 18.04

in Windows 10 Support
    Install Windows10 from Ubuntu 18.04: Hi everyone, First of all, sorry for my english, it's not my native language, and i hope i'll be clear in my explanations. :) Recently, a friend of mine gave me a notebook, with Ubuntu 18.04 already installed on it. However, i want to replace it with Windows 10. So i bought...
  7. Ubuntu install question

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ubuntu install question: Hello i have windows 10 Home in my SSD Drive 120 GB and 1 TB HDD D drive . i want to ask if i can install ubuntu alongside windows 10 but somehow on D drive !! can you please help me to find out if i can it ?! thank you...
  8. Installing windows from ubuntu

Installing windows from ubuntu: So i recently downloaded ubuntu on my computer, and now i want to go back to windows However I don't want to buy it since i previously bought it, is there i way to get it for free since i previously got it?...
  9. Ubuntu available in Windows Store

in Windows 10 News
    Ubuntu available in Windows Store: That's REALLY something: "...Here's a statement that would have been unimaginable in previous years: Ubuntu has arrived in the Windows Store. As promised back in May, you can now download a flavor of the popular Linux distribution to run inside Windows 10. It won't compare...
  10. Ubuntu now in the Windows Store

in Windows 10 News
    Ubuntu now in the Windows Store: Ok, now this is where and why it gets interesting. Soon (later this month I'm told) we will be able to have n number of native Linux distros on our Windows 10 machines at one time. You can install as many as you like from the store. No VMs, just fast Linux...on Windows!...