Windows 10: Ubuntu Linux Installation Issues

Discus and support Ubuntu Linux Installation Issues in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi Everyone, Last night I had the wild urge to try out the linux distribution of Ubuntu, I really thought everything was going well. Within Ubuntu,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Davy49, Dec 16, 2017.

1. Davy49 Win User

Ubuntu Linux Installation Issues

Hi Everyone,
    Last night I had the wild urge to try out the linux distribution of Ubuntu, I really thought everything was going well. Within Ubuntu, there's a hard drive partitioning application built-in, that part of the installation seemed to go well. I proceeded to move forward with the installation, I setup my Internet connection.. etc., I got that setup as well. The Ubuntu software needed to download / install some additional software, that's when thing's started getting crazy. When I thought I had Ubuntu setup well enough for the time being, I decided to restart my computer. I received the normal operating selection screen, I chose windows 10, I was able to load windows normally.. or so I thought. I couldn't gain a wireless network connection, no matter what I tried. Anyway, I got mad / frustrated and wiped out the partition where I had Ubuntu installed. I must have been half asleep, because after I did so.. windows 10 would no longer bootup. This morning I had download / burn the latest image file and reinstall the software, anyway.. I'm not done with my setup.. so I still have more work to do. So much for my urge to try out Ubuntu.
    David

:)

Davy49, Dec 16, 2017

2. Microsoft End of support on Windows 7 on Next Gen Processors!!!!!!

\/\/\/\/\/\

You could install UBUNTU linux, then install Wine, Ubuntu is a very easy OS to use

TYLER_ERMIS, Dec 16, 2017
  3. LoL-:) Win User
    late night thoughts

well I didn't try Ubuntu

because Richard Stallman calls Ubuntu a spyware

because it tracks the users searches

then he say that Ubuntu is on the same path of Microsoft

I know I know Elementary OS is a Linux distribution based on Ubuntu

I just figure it out when I finish to installed Ubuntu Linux Installation Issues :))

but give me a break this is my first Linux distro

and probably I'm going to change that

soon I find a Linux distro is not based on Ubuntu.!!

because if even Linux is collecting personal data

then there is not freaking point to switch to linux at all..!!

However I learn fast to why the linux users hate canonical (LOL)

Sudo I'm -going to sleep..!!!

LoL-:), Dec 16, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

You can run it live from the DVD or run it as a virtual PC with virtual box which is free

Samuria, Dec 16, 2017
  5. Davy49 Win User
    Hi Samurai,
    I really wish now that I would have done that.. It doesn't pay to do stuff like that when you are tired and or don't feel well.
    Thanks,
    David

Davy49, Dec 16, 2017
  6. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

best way to do this risk free is to download the iso file. Then use vbox / VMware to create a virtual machine -- use the easy create virtual machine wizard (or equivalent) that exists in either vbox / VMware player. In the vm configfuration set the CD / DVD as the iso image you've downloaded and when the vm is powered on it will install on to a virtual HDD from the downloaded iso. This way NOTHING in your physical Windows environment should be changed.

I don't recommend attempting to install Ubuntu under HYPER-V -- it can be done but you'll need at least W10 X-64 PRO and running non Windows VM's under HYPER-V is not as straightforward as using VBOX or VMware.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Ubuntu Linux Installation Issues - Similar Threads - Ubuntu Linux Installation

2. Installing Windows 11 on top of Ubuntu/ Linux

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing Windows 11 on top of Ubuntu/ Linux: I have a Dell Precision 5820 running Ubuntu, and I would like to install a Dual-boot windows. I partitioned the drive 500 gb allocated as free space in Linux, and then used a usb-boot drive with windows. However, windows doesn't recognize the partition. I've tried many...
  3. Installing Windows 11 on top of Ubuntu/ Linux

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing Windows 11 on top of Ubuntu/ Linux: I have a Dell Precision 5820 running Ubuntu, and I would like to install a Dual-boot windows. I partitioned the drive 500 gb allocated as free space in Linux, and then used a usb-boot drive with windows. However, windows doesn't recognize the partition. I've tried many...
  4. Ubuntu Software Center is Gone in Linux

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ubuntu Software Center is Gone in Linux: Ubuntu Extension Stores Apps is Gone in LinuxUbuntu Software Center Apps is Gone in LinuxDownload icon Browsers is Gone April 22 2022 in Windows Linux and macOS...
  5. Ubuntu Software Center is Gone in Linux

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ubuntu Software Center is Gone in Linux: Ubuntu Extension Stores Apps is Gone in LinuxUbuntu Software Center Apps is Gone in LinuxDownload icon Browsers is Gone April 22 2022 in Windows Linux and macOS...
  6. UBUNTU LINUX DOWNLOAD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UBUNTU LINUX DOWNLOAD: plz help me download ubuntu and linux latest version... i need to learn c language programming in it... so what all should i download? i have windows 11 version now... plz help me download without deleting any windows data...
  7. UBUNTU LINUX DOWNLOAD

UBUNTU LINUX DOWNLOAD: plz help me download ubuntu and linux latest version... i need to learn c language programming in it... so what all should i download? i have windows 11 version now... plz help me download without deleting any windows data...
  8. Issue with installing linux subsystem.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issue with installing linux subsystem.: Hi, I was trying to isntall linux subsystem through powershell, and when I tried to use "Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName VirtualMachinePlatform" command, I get a following error, Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature : Feature name VirtualMachinePlatform is...
  9. Install the Windows Subsystem for Linux (ubuntu) to windows 10

Install the Windows Subsystem for Linux (ubuntu) to windows 10: I am installing a bash Linux distros (WSL) to a Lab of 100 pcs with windows 10. I have already installed the first 2 components:-Windows Subsystem for Linux (Beta) in the Windows Features and activated the Developer modeAt that point i should type “Bash” at the command...
  10. Install the Windows Subsystem for Linux (ubuntu) to windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Install the Windows Subsystem for Linux (ubuntu) to windows 10: I am installing a bash Linux distros (WSL) to a Lab of 100 pcs with windows 10. I have already installed the first 2 components:-Windows Subsystem for Linux (Beta) in the Windows Features and activated the Developer modeAt that point i should type “Bash” at the command...