Windows 10: Ubuntu not working on Windows 10

Discus and support Ubuntu not working on Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have installed Ubuntu from Windows Store. I also enable WSL feature in Control Panel but still i get error message: "WslRegisterDistribution failed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Gorakh Nath Sharma, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Ubuntu not working on Windows 10

I have installed Ubuntu from Windows Store. I also enable WSL feature in Control Panel but still i get error message: "WslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x8007019e" It says that i have to enable WSL feature which i already have and restarted as well. Please help!

:)

Gorakh Nath Sharma, Dec 8, 2019
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Dec 8, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 8, 2019
  4. rboppy Win User

Ubuntu not working on Windows 10

Networking issue - Windows and Ubuntu

Went on a short trip, took my Windows 10 laptop, turned off the Ubuntu computer and my wife's Windows 10 computer. When I returned, I turned everything back on and nether Windows computer could see the Ubuntu 16.04 LTS computer. On the Ubuntu computer, Files/Network clicking on Windows Network received "Unable to access location - Failed to retrieve share list from server: No such file or directory" error. Both Windows computers were able to use the Ubuntu before the trip.

Any suggestions?

rboppy, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

Ubuntu not working on Windows 10

1. Ubuntu not working on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Ubuntu working

2. Ethernet working on Ubuntu but doesn't work on my Windows 11 Dual Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet working on Ubuntu but doesn't work on my Windows 11 Dual Boot: Hello,I have a legion laptop S/N: PF4K4X1W. Since I bought it, around two weeks ago i used dual boot for it. Today 25/12/2023 I tried disabling secure boot but it didn't help. The problem is i connect the ethernet cable to my laptop and it doesn't connect via LAN. the cable...
  3. Ethernet working on Ubuntu but doesn't work on my Windows 11 Dual Boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet working on Ubuntu but doesn't work on my Windows 11 Dual Boot: Hello,I have a legion laptop S/N: PF4K4X1W. Since I bought it, around two weeks ago i used dual boot for it. Today 25/12/2023 I tried disabling secure boot but it didn't help. The problem is i connect the ethernet cable to my laptop and it doesn't connect via LAN. the cable...
  4. Ubuntu on WSL is not getting installed. Throws an error message. Used to work before, but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ubuntu on WSL is not getting installed. Throws an error message. Used to work before, but...: Error msg :- WslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80370102 Please enable the Virtual Machine Platform Windows feature and ensure virtualization is enabled in the BIOS.I've enabled virtualization in BIOS AMD SVM and also installed Virtual Machine Platforms feature. Did...
  5. Ubuntu on WSL is not getting installed. Throws an error message. Used to work before, but...

Ubuntu on WSL is not getting installed. Throws an error message. Used to work before, but...: Error msg :- WslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80370102 Please enable the Virtual Machine Platform Windows feature and ensure virtualization is enabled in the BIOS.I've enabled virtualization in BIOS AMD SVM and also installed Virtual Machine Platforms feature. Did...
  6. Laptop shutting down on windows 11 but works on Ubuntu - Help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop shutting down on windows 11 but works on Ubuntu - Help!: Hi! I own a HP Pavilion Plus 14, 16GB, 12700H and purchased it about a month ago. A couple of days back, after my work on Ubuntu I switched to Windows 11 after which the laptop immediately shut down after sign in. It refused to turn on using the power button but turned on...
  7. Laptop shutting down on windows 11 but works on Ubuntu - Help!

Laptop shutting down on windows 11 but works on Ubuntu - Help!: Hi! I own a HP Pavilion Plus 14, 16GB, 12700H and purchased it about a month ago. A couple of days back, after my work on Ubuntu I switched to Windows 11 after which the laptop immediately shut down after sign in. It refused to turn on using the power button but turned on...
  8. How can I get my monitor's USB hub working in Windows 10 when it works fine in Ubuntu and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get my monitor's USB hub working in Windows 10 when it works fine in Ubuntu and...: While running Windows 10, my Dell P2417H monitor's USB hub is not working, but the hub works fine when the same computer is booted into Ubuntu 22.04. I also connected it to two different computers -- one running Windows 11 and an older machine running Windows 7. The USB hub...
  9. How can I get my monitor's USB hub working in Windows 10 when it works fine in Ubuntu and...

How can I get my monitor's USB hub working in Windows 10 when it works fine in Ubuntu and...: While running Windows 10, my Dell P2417H monitor's USB hub is not working, but the hub works fine when the same computer is booted into Ubuntu 22.04. I also connected it to two different computers -- one running Windows 11 and an older machine running Windows 7. The USB hub...
  10. How can I get my monitor's USB hub working in Windows 10 when it works fine in Ubuntu and...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware