Windows 10: Ubuntu not working on Windows 10

Discus and support Ubuntu not working on Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have installed Ubuntu from Windows Store. I also enable WSL feature in Control Panel but still i get error message: "WslRegisterDistribution failed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Gorakh Nath Sharma, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Ubuntu not working on Windows 10

I have installed Ubuntu from Windows Store. I also enable WSL feature in Control Panel but still i get error message: "WslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x8007019e" It says that i have to enable WSL feature which i already have and restarted as well. Please help!

:)

Gorakh Nath Sharma, Dec 8, 2019
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Dec 8, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 8, 2019
  4. rboppy Win User

Ubuntu not working on Windows 10

Networking issue - Windows and Ubuntu

Went on a short trip, took my Windows 10 laptop, turned off the Ubuntu computer and my wife's Windows 10 computer. When I returned, I turned everything back on and nether Windows computer could see the Ubuntu 16.04 LTS computer. On the Ubuntu computer, Files/Network clicking on Windows Network received "Unable to access location - Failed to retrieve share list from server: No such file or directory" error. Both Windows computers were able to use the Ubuntu before the trip.

Any suggestions?

rboppy, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

Ubuntu not working on Windows 10

1. Ubuntu not working on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Ubuntu working

2. Help with removing Ubuntu 18.4.3 and re-install Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help with removing Ubuntu 18.4.3 and re-install Windows 10: Like the title says i need to remove ubuntu and i already used a windows 10 media creation tool to create a usb installation tool. However during the process i get a error saying a drive partition is missing. But for some reason the setup is not detecting my main hard drive....
  3. I deleted windows 10 and I installed ubuntu 18.04. How can i return it back?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I deleted windows 10 and I installed ubuntu 18.04. How can i return it back?: I am using Ubuntu 18.04 now. I tried to install windows 10 again but my computer couldn't recognize my hard disk on BIOS screen. I came Win10 installation screen. But windows says you have no hard disk. How can i install windows 10 this computer again ? I don't want dual...
  4. Does System Restore on Windows 10 affects Ubuntu installed via Windows Subsystem for Linux?

Does System Restore on Windows 10 affects Ubuntu installed via Windows Subsystem for Linux?: After installing Ubuntu or any distro with the support of WSL, when restore points are created and then when the system is restored to this restore points, does this also restores the state of Ubuntu or any linux distro installed?...
  5. Replace Ubuntu 19.10 with Windows 10 on Samsung Series 7 Slate

Replace Ubuntu 19.10 with Windows 10 on Samsung Series 7 Slate: I only have access to this tablet computer. I've had Windows 10 on it before so I know that it works, albeit slooooow because Windows is a resource hog, but I have another computer to run Linux distros on so this tablet is going to be a media computer. It ohly has one USB...
  6. Make installation USB for Windows 10 on an Ubuntu machine

Make installation USB for Windows 10 on an Ubuntu machine: I have a Windows 10 laptop and an Ubuntu desktop. The Windows 10 laptop burned out a hard disk and Lenovo gave me a new hard disk. And a link to download and install onto a USB my Windows 10 system on the new hard disk. But . Ubuntu doesn't read the exe file to download...
  7. Can't access my External HDD on Windows But Ubuntu has no problems r/w on the same hdd !

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't access my External HDD on Windows But Ubuntu has no problems r/w on the same hdd !: Hello Just few hours ago i stumbled across a problem when accessing my External HDD " it was working fine this morning" I tried connecting it on a desktop computer and i got the same error " ... The drive is not accessible " I got dual boot on my internal SSD windows + Ubuntu...
  8. I Installed Ubuntu 19.04 now I can't recover windows 10

I Installed Ubuntu 19.04 now I can't recover windows 10: I wiped completely the hard drive and installed Ubuntu on my new laptop. I want to go back to Windows 10. I downloaded the iso and used netbootin to burn to USB. When I get to install it fails to install: error code 0x8007000d sources/install.wim. All the other recovery...
  9. Mad Prof again -- Multi twindow GUI on UBUNTU on WSL working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mad Prof again -- Multi twindow GUI on UBUNTU on WSL working: @jimbo45 Install Kali Linux on WSL and follow this guide (GUIDE - Kali Linux in the Windows App Store) to at least test Desktop usability under WSL. They use XRDP service and remote into Kali using Windows RDP to get visuals for XFCE4. It might not be exactly what you...
  10. Removing ubuntu from EFI File. rmdir /s ubuntu not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Removing ubuntu from EFI File. rmdir /s ubuntu not working: Hello, hope someone can help. I am trying to remove ubuntu from the EFI file. I assigned the EFI file with the letter Z and have managed to list the directory. When I use the command PS Z:\EFI> rmdir /s ubuntu (to remove ubuntu from the directory) I get the following error...