Windows 10: Ubuntu Software Center is Gone in Linux

Discus and support Ubuntu Software Center is Gone in Linux in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Ubuntu Extension Stores Apps is Gone in LinuxUbuntu Software Center Apps is Gone in LinuxDownload icon Browsers is Gone April 22 2022 in Windows Linux... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BaderBatarfiUF, May 19, 2022.

1. Ubuntu Software Center is Gone in Linux

Ubuntu Extension Stores Apps is Gone in LinuxUbuntu Software Center Apps is Gone in LinuxDownload icon Browsers is Gone April 22 2022 in Windows Linux and macOS

:)

BaderBatarfiUF, May 19, 2022

2. nokia software update and application nokia not support linux ubuntu ??????

nokia software update and application nokia not support linux ubuntu ??????

i want change from windows 7 x64 to linux ububtu 10.04 x64 open source and free ( no virus and no hacker ) in linux but the application of nokia not support linux !

man28102009, May 19, 2022
  3. SIGSEGV Win User
    Electronic Arts At Ubuntu Summit; Linux Games Coming?

EA reactions after valve upcoming linux games..

some explanations :
    - EA will be bringing some titles to Linux, but not their entire game catalog. The first games to ship in 2012.

- EA does have their "Origin" game service that's basically a competitor to Valve's Steam and Desura too. However, it's unlikely that they will be bringing Origin to Linux, at least initially. This Canonical deal is about bringing their games to Ubuntu and making them available through the Ubuntu Software Center.

- In terms of EA supporting other Linux distributions, I am not sure, but I don't believe they'll be going out of their way to ensure support for non-Ubuntu boxes. Aside from distributing via the Ubuntu Software Center, past communications from my sources have basically referred "Linux" as Ubuntu and Android.

- Valve's Linux plans will likely prove much more exciting than what the effort that Electronic Arts will have towards Linux. For those that have been living in a box, see A Special Linux Delivery At Valve Software and Valve's Gabe Newell Talks Linux Steam Client, Source Engine.

you can read entirely this news on phoronix

*Rockout :rockout:

SIGSEGV, May 19, 2022
  4. Ubuntu Software Center is Gone in Linux

Ubuntu terminal not displaying git messages correctly

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the output for Ubuntu terminal is not showing properly for GIT commands.

I suggest you to try re-enabling Windows Subsystem for Linux and then uninstalling and re-installing Ubuntu from Microsoft Store. Follow the steps to disable Windows Subsystem for Linux and uninstall Ubuntu.

Disable Windows Subsystem for Linux:

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for Run.
    2. In Run dialog box, type
      appwiz.cpl
      and hit enter.
    3. Now on the left hand pane click on
      Turn Windows features on or off.
    4. Now on the Windows feature window scroll down and uncheck the box next to
      Windows Subsystem for Linux.
    5. Click on OK and Restart the PC.

Uninstall the Ubuntu app:

1. Go to Settings >
      Apps > Apps & features.
    2. Now search for Ubuntu app.
    3. Click on the app and click on
      Uninstall
    4. Follow the onscreen instructions.

To enable the Windows Subsystem for Linux you can refer the article

Windows Subsystem for Linux Installation Guide for Windows 10

If the issue persists, I suggest you to post your query on

TechNet forums
    as they have dedicated support for issues related to Windows Subsystem for Linux.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 19, 2022
Thema:

Ubuntu Software Center is Gone in Linux

1. Ubuntu Software Center is Gone in Linux - Similar Threads - Ubuntu Software Center

2. Ubuntu Software Center is Gone in Linux

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ubuntu Software Center is Gone in Linux: Ubuntu Extension Stores Apps is Gone in LinuxUbuntu Software Center Apps is Gone in LinuxDownload icon Browsers is Gone April 22 2022 in Windows Linux and macOS...
  3. Ubuntu Software Center is Gone in Linux

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ubuntu Software Center is Gone in Linux: Ubuntu Extension Stores Apps is Gone in LinuxUbuntu Software Center Apps is Gone in LinuxDownload icon Browsers is Gone April 22 2022 in Windows Linux and macOS...
  4. Action Center gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Action Center gone: where is the wifi volume battery control ?????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center-gone/325df494-e2de-4c95-9ebb-654ba1be6ca2
  5. Action Center gone

Action Center gone: where is the wifi volume battery control ?????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center-gone/325df494-e2de-4c95-9ebb-654ba1be6ca2
  6. UBUNTU LINUX DOWNLOAD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UBUNTU LINUX DOWNLOAD: plz help me download ubuntu and linux latest version... i need to learn c language programming in it... so what all should i download? i have windows 11 version now... plz help me download without deleting any windows data...
  7. UBUNTU LINUX DOWNLOAD

UBUNTU LINUX DOWNLOAD: plz help me download ubuntu and linux latest version... i need to learn c language programming in it... so what all should i download? i have windows 11 version now... plz help me download without deleting any windows data...
  8. Software Center

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Software Center: Software Center is not on my computer. Where do I install it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/software-center/5111d89a-0317-4fb8-a54d-490948d5ad3b
  9. Dual boot with Ubuntu gone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual boot with Ubuntu gone: Suddenly my grub is gone and when I boot my device goes directly to the Windows 10. Can I remove Ubuntu through Windows without concerns or should I need to be careful because grub is still around and probably will brick my PC? Thanks! submitted by /u/Johan144 [link]...
  10. Ubuntu Linux Installation Issues

Ubuntu Linux Installation Issues: Hi Everyone, Last night I had the wild urge to try out the linux distribution of Ubuntu, I really thought everything was going well. Within Ubuntu, there's a hard drive partitioning application built-in, that part of the installation seemed to go well. I proceeded to move...