Windows 10: Ubuntu Subsystem takes forever to boot

Discus and support Ubuntu Subsystem takes forever to boot in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I recently installed the Windows System for Linux and the distro that I choose was Ubuntu. Though after when I tried to log on to Ubuntu after I woke... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by zachariapopcorn, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Ubuntu Subsystem takes forever to boot

I recently installed the Windows System for Linux and the distro that I choose was Ubuntu. Though after when I tried to log on to Ubuntu after I woke up, it just was stuck in booting and didn't actually load for like 10-15 minutes. I'm not sure what the problem is and this is just really annoying

:)

zachariapopcorn, Feb 15, 2021

2. Windows 10 subsystem for Linux, Ubuntu

Can Ubuntu or Linux be run on Windows 10 subsystem in full mode such as running Hadoop, Hive, Java in Ubuntu subsystem of Windows 10? Or just the basic bash, sudo commands only?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers

Anmol_Kumar, Feb 15, 2021
  3. Ubuntu terminal not displaying git messages correctly

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the output for Ubuntu terminal is not showing properly for GIT commands.

I suggest you to try re-enabling Windows Subsystem for Linux and then uninstalling and re-installing Ubuntu from Microsoft Store. Follow the steps to disable Windows Subsystem for Linux and uninstall Ubuntu.

Disable Windows Subsystem for Linux:

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for Run.
    2. In Run dialog box, type
      appwiz.cpl
      and hit enter.
    3. Now on the left hand pane click on
      Turn Windows features on or off.
    4. Now on the Windows feature window scroll down and uncheck the box next to
      Windows Subsystem for Linux.
    5. Click on OK and Restart the PC.

Uninstall the Ubuntu app:

1. Go to Settings >
      Apps > Apps & features.
    2. Now search for Ubuntu app.
    3. Click on the app and click on
      Uninstall
    4. Follow the onscreen instructions.

To enable the Windows Subsystem for Linux you can refer the article

Windows Subsystem for Linux Installation Guide for Windows 10

If the issue persists, I suggest you to post your query on

TechNet forums
    as they have dedicated support for issues related to Windows Subsystem for Linux.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Feb 15, 2021
  4. Marie Ave Win User

Ubuntu Subsystem takes forever to boot

Windows 10 subsystem for Linux, Ubuntu

Hi Anmol,

We understand that you wanted to run Linux or Ubuntu on a Windows 10 subsystem. We'd like to know if you wanted to run this via remote access or as a separate OS?

Looking forward to your response.

Marie Ave, Feb 15, 2021
Thema:

Ubuntu Subsystem takes forever to boot

1. Ubuntu Subsystem takes forever to boot - Similar Threads - Ubuntu Subsystem takes

2. Booting up takes forever on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Booting up takes forever on windows 10: Hello, I have a weird problem on my asus laptop, which is not listed anywhere in google, so I thought about coming here for help because I'm stuck.Ok here is my problem. Normally when I turn on my laptop, I see the asus logo then immediately under it I see the spinning circle...
  3. Booting up takes forever on windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Booting up takes forever on windows 10: Hello, I have a weird problem on my asus laptop, which is not listed anywhere in google, so I thought about coming here for help because I'm stuck.Ok here is my problem. Normally when I turn on my laptop, I see the asus logo then immediately under it I see the spinning circle...
  4. Taking forever

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Taking forever: I am the owner of an Acer Nitro 5 which meets what is needed to upgrade to windows 11. For the past 2 weeks I have been checking on the update and security and all I get are update for defender and so on but i have not been able to get the upgrade. And yes I did to the health...
  5. Taking forever

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taking forever: I am the owner of an Acer Nitro 5 which meets what is needed to upgrade to windows 11. For the past 2 weeks I have been checking on the update and security and all I get are update for defender and so on but i have not been able to get the upgrade. And yes I did to the health...
  6. Taking forever

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Win 10 takes forever to boot

Win 10 takes forever to boot: Hi, My Win10 takes almost 15 to 20 minutes to display the win logon since powering ON. The following is the machine specs: OS : Win10 Pro Processor : Intel i7 7th Gen RAM : 16 GB HDD : SSD 256GB Let me know what logs do you need to troubleshoot this issue?...
  8. My laptop is taking forever to boot!

My laptop is taking forever to boot!: I have an Asus gl551jw and every single time I booted the laptop, it took 4 to 10 seconds to boot, nothing to complain, that was really fast since I've never had an gaming laptop before. 3 months or so later, it started taking a whole minute to boot, I don't remember if it...
  9. Win 10 Boot taking forever and not responsive.

Win 10 Boot taking forever and not responsive.: Ran Norton USB bootable recovery tool to try to address the problem. Scan should take close to 2 hours. Scanned for 5 mins/ 35 files and reported no infections. Is Win10 Corrupted/Infected ?...
  10. PC taking forever to boot.

PC taking forever to boot.: My PC has been taking a long time to boot. Whenever I press the power button, the power light blinks and the loading screen appears as usual, but it remains for a long time(the dots circling screen). I have waited for apmost hours but it doesnt start. I have to firce atop it...