Windows 10: Ubuntu terminal on Windows 10 is taking too long to install.

Discus and support Ubuntu terminal on Windows 10 is taking too long to install. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I would like you to solve this problem: I installed WSL1 on my Windows 10 on Power-Shell with all the right prerequisites, restarted my computer,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HenryMaciel R, Feb 21, 2021.

1. Ubuntu terminal on Windows 10 is taking too long to install.

I would like you to solve this problem:

I installed WSL1 on my Windows 10 on Power-Shell with all the right prerequisites, restarted my computer, opened the Microsoft Store, installed Ubuntu Terminal.

Ubuntu terminal on Windows 10 is taking too long to install. 2c1a6986-7131-44cd-85a3-b23e5def99f2?upload=true.jpg
    However, when I opened Ubuntu for the first time, it opened this screen, which said that Ubuntu is installing and that it could take a few minutes. But to me it looks like it will take MONTHS to install. It took much longer than I thought to install, until finally I was asked for a Unix username and password. Can you tell me why it sometimes takes to install?

Ubuntu terminal on Windows 10 is taking too long to install. 9b84750d-cc68-458b-b0bf-8304c87982d8?upload=true.jpg

:)

HenryMaciel R, Feb 21, 2021

2. Ubuntu terminal not displaying git messages correctly

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the output for Ubuntu terminal is not showing properly for GIT commands.

I suggest you to try re-enabling Windows Subsystem for Linux and then uninstalling and re-installing Ubuntu from Microsoft Store. Follow the steps to disable Windows Subsystem for Linux and uninstall Ubuntu.

Disable Windows Subsystem for Linux:

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for Run.
    2. In Run dialog box, type
      appwiz.cpl
      and hit enter.
    3. Now on the left hand pane click on
      Turn Windows features on or off.
    4. Now on the Windows feature window scroll down and uncheck the box next to
      Windows Subsystem for Linux.
    5. Click on OK and Restart the PC.

Uninstall the Ubuntu app:

1. Go to Settings >
      Apps > Apps & features.
    2. Now search for Ubuntu app.
    3. Click on the app and click on
      Uninstall
    4. Follow the onscreen instructions.

To enable the Windows Subsystem for Linux you can refer the article

Windows Subsystem for Linux Installation Guide for Windows 10

If the issue persists, I suggest you to post your query on

TechNet forums
    as they have dedicated support for issues related to Windows Subsystem for Linux.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Feb 21, 2021
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 21, 2021
  4. CK011885 Win User

Ubuntu terminal on Windows 10 is taking too long to install.

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Feb 21, 2021
Thema:

Ubuntu terminal on Windows 10 is taking too long to install.

1. Ubuntu terminal on Windows 10 is taking too long to install. - Similar Threads - Ubuntu terminal taking

2. Updates taking too long to download and install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates taking too long to download and install: Split from this thread. Hello and thanks for all the good tips to fix windows 10.I want to figure out every second Tuesdays updates there are several different kinds of KB updates and my old windows 10 laptop it takes it like 2 hours to get all the KB file downloads then...
  3. Updates taking too long to download and install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updates taking too long to download and install: Split from this thread. Hello and thanks for all the good tips to fix windows 10.I want to figure out every second Tuesdays updates there are several different kinds of KB updates and my old windows 10 laptop it takes it like 2 hours to get all the KB file downloads then...
  4. Updates taking too long to download and install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows installation takes way too long

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows installation takes way too long: I wanted a clean windows installation again. It’s been 2 hours already and I am only at 14%! How is this possible something must be broken? I cant wait all night (I need my pc tomorrow for work) Should I shut down and restart my pc? submitted by /u/Azertity [link]...
  6. windows 10 restart taking too long

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 restart taking too long: windows 10 restart taking too long. When I power on and off it takes less than 1 minute but whenever I restart then it takes about 7-10 minutes. I have i5 4670 processor 8gb ram...
  7. Windows 10 Reset Taking Too Long

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Reset Taking Too Long: I recently decided to reset a windows 10 PC with a 1 TB hard drive and a 500 GB SSD, but chose to wipe and clean all storage on both drives. The PC has been running with a black screen for almost a week now with no indication of progress or activity. I have hit the shut down...
  8. Windows 10 Upgrade Taking Too Long?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Upgrade Taking Too Long?: Hello, So I am doing an upgrade on my desktop (currently in progress) and just wondering how long it usually takes? I looked up online and the upgrade should takes maximum an hour, but as of now it's been 5 hours and still hasn't loaded into Win 10. It's still on the...
  9. Windows 10 takes too long to boot.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 takes too long to boot.: I know this is a holiday weekend, but I'm set to start a new job working from home. Just as I'm about to go live I'm suddenly noticing that Windows 10 is taking 5 minutes or from turning it on to when I can actually use it. I've already done the basics by looking for malware,...
  10. Windows 10 taking too long to boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 taking too long to boot: I know there are several threads by this name, but my problem, as far as I know, is quite peculiar and I haven't seen anything similar to this in any thread. Yesterday I did a clean install (actually I wiped the whole hard drive and converted it to MBR since it was in GPT and...