Windows 10: UDF format

Discus and support UDF format in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; when I format a DVD it asks a to use a UDF format which takes up a lot of room, is this correct?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by IanLitchfield, Feb 1, 2021.

1. UDF format

when I format a DVD it asks a to use a UDF format which takes up a lot of room, is this correct?

:)

IanLitchfield, Feb 1, 2021
  2. BobGlik Win User

unable to read UDF format CD on Vista desktop

unable to read UDF format CD on Vista desktop ?

Other CD/DVD formats OK

UDF CD properties shows 200+ MB data on disc but will not open any folder or file on disc.

I guess I need a reader of some type. Can you please suggest some basic simple alternatives to try ?

thanks

BobGlik, Feb 1, 2021
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    READ CD With UDF format

UDF is a very old format. Roxio has a
    standalone UDF reader
    but it hasn't been updated since Windows XP so it may not work properly. Install it in Compatibility Mode.

There are a few other UDF readers but they are only available from third parties. The Roxio reader comes from Roxio. Good luck.

BulldogXX, Feb 1, 2021
  4. UDF format

how to format a usb dgg from udf format to ntfs format

Hello,

I have a wd passport 640gig external hdd that has been formatted in udf, I have tried to reformat it to ntfs and nothing has worked. I can see the drive in device manager etc but cannot format it so I can use it for storage. any help appreciated thanks I
    am running windows 10

NigelWayne, Feb 1, 2021
Thema:

UDF format

1. UDF format - Similar Threads - UDF format

2. How to erase a W11 repair disc that is UDF. Disk Management won't let me!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to erase a W11 repair disc that is UDF. Disk Management won't let me!: Disk Management won't let me! And a straight format from File manager won't let me. I want to create a new repair disc without having to throw the RW one that I currently have away....
  3. How to erase a W11 repair disc that is UDF. Disk Management won't let me!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to erase a W11 repair disc that is UDF. Disk Management won't let me!: Disk Management won't let me! And a straight format from File manager won't let me. I want to create a new repair disc without having to throw the RW one that I currently have away....
  4. What versions of Windows support read-only UDF file systems on USB SSDs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What versions of Windows support read-only UDF file systems on USB SSDs?: There was a previous question asked at https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/udf-ssd-not-readable-in-windows-10-after-update/9cd5fff3-730c-467c-8f3d-39b45d39151f about a Windows update that disabled mounting of UDF file systems on USB SSDs. The thread has been...
  5. ARRI ALEXA CF2.0 UDF formatted cards won't mount onto my windows machine after update

ARRI ALEXA CF2.0 UDF formatted cards won't mount onto my windows machine after update: Hi guys I'm having a nightmare day, I'm a DIT and have turned up to work unable to use my PC to back up data shot on Arri Alexa. after going through these forums i found people with similar complaints attempting to use UDF formatted media in windows after Novembers update,...
  6. ARRI ALEXA CF2.0 UDF formatted cards won't mount onto my windows machine after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ARRI ALEXA CF2.0 UDF formatted cards won't mount onto my windows machine after update: Hi guys I'm having a nightmare day, I'm a DIT and have turned up to work unable to use my PC to back up data shot on Arri Alexa. after going through these forums i found people with similar complaints attempting to use UDF formatted media in windows after Novembers update,...
  7. ARRI ALEXA CF2.0 UDF formatted cards won't mount onto my windows machine after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Windows 10 can't read DVD-R media formatted with OSTA's UDF, trouble with CD-RW too

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 can't read DVD-R media formatted with OSTA's UDF, trouble with CD-RW too: On windows 10 I can format a DVD*R disc fine with UDF v2.01 or UDF 1.50. I can write files on it and read them back again when reinserted. But as soon as I opened it and modified the disc in another implementation on an other operating system it doesn't read it anymore even...
  9. Windows 10 can't read DVD-R media formatted with OSTA's UDF, trouble with CD-RW too

Windows 10 can't read DVD-R media formatted with OSTA's UDF, trouble with CD-RW too: On windows 10 I can format a DVD*R disc fine with UDF v2.01 or UDF 1.50. I can write files on it and read them back again when reinserted. But as soon as I opened it and modified the disc in another implementation on an other operating system it doesn't read it anymore even...
  10. Windows 10 can't read DVD-R media formatted with OSTA's UDF, trouble with CD-RW too

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware