Windows 10: Uditentified network - no network access

Discus and support Uditentified network - no network access in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have an Acer Aspire desktop with Windows 10 and I've been having trouble connecting to the internet, saying "Unidentified network". Any suggestions?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JMG787, Apr 16, 2016.

1. JMG787 Win User

Uditentified network - no network access

I have an Acer Aspire desktop with Windows 10 and I've been having trouble connecting to the internet, saying "Unidentified network". Any suggestions?
    I cannot have any download fixes as I don't have internet to download them from.

:)

JMG787, Apr 16, 2016
  2. Dasa_108 Win User

Hosted Network - No Network Access

Hi,

Thanks for the response. To answer your questions:

• I tried disabling the firewall and the antivirus to no avail
    • I did check the services.msc window for the startup type and status of the services listed there though I am unsure of their status and start-up type prior to the update.
    • I am currently on Windows 10 version 1703 build 15063.726
    I am eagerly awaiting your response.

Sincerely,

Dasa_108, Apr 16, 2016
  3. Hosted Network - No Network Access

Thank you for responding. You can follow the steps below and see if it helps:

• On your keyboard, type Win+R simultaneously.
    • Type services.msc in the Run dialog box then hit
      Enter.
    • Locate the Internet Connection Sharing.
    • Select startup type (delayed) then restart your PC.

After performing these steps, monitor if there has been an improvement in the network connection. There is also a possibility that the issue is caused by the latest update so may also try performing a
    System Restore so you can take your Pc back to its working state before this issue occurred.

We will wait for your update.

Jennifer Cha, Apr 16, 2016
  4. dencal Win User

Probably picking up all available networks within range, but have no fear they need a password to gain access to them, as will others when you get on line will need your password to gain access to your connection.

Have you clicked on the internet access button bottom right on Taskbar....Left button on mouse indicates connected....Right button troubleshoot problems.

Make sure in Settings, Network and Internet Connections, that Airplane Mode is turned OFF

dencal, Apr 16, 2016
Thema:

1. Uditentified network - no network access - Similar Threads - Uditentified network network

2. Windows 10 Network not accessing network pc's

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Network not accessing network pc's: We have 2 new Lenovo Thinkpad T490s laptops. Built identically with Windows 10 Pro Version 21H1.PC 1 : accesses all networked PC's correctly - see below : OAK-THINKPAD-TPC2 : only accesses the local networked PC - see below : OAK-THINKPAD-T2The only major difference between...
  3. Network Access

Network Access: I have a laptop, desktop and printer on a network in Windows 10. I can access the laptop and printer from the desktop. I can access the printer and internet from the laptop but not the desktop. The error message says "The network path was not found"...
  4. Network access

Network access: I have a laptop running Windows 10 and have a new desktop also running Windows 10. I wish to share files between them as I did with my previous desktop but despite the new desktop appearing on my wireless network my access is blocked because either the username or password is...
  5. Network Access.

Network Access.: Hi Folks, my image is used to play movies music & pictures in almost anf format, stored on 2 USD HDDs which I can play on my TV via HDMI cable. [img] It is wireless and has no trouble connecting. The trouble is, when I open File Explorer, click 'Network' some times it...
  6. Accessing Network In WINPE

Accessing Network In WINPE: I want to access a captured .wim image to a desktop using DISM when booted in WINPE. The captured .wim file is in the laptop (whose usb ports do NOT work, or else I wouldve used USB DRIVES). How do I access this image? I read somewhere that it involves the use of 'net use'...
  7. Accessing PC's on network

Accessing PC's on network: I have a wifi network and on it I have my big PC, printer, NAS and my notebook computer. When trying to access my PC from my notebook I am asked for the network credentials to connect to my PC. It puts in my username but will not accept any of the passwords I try. My...
  8. Accessing a computer on a network

Accessing a computer on a network: I can see both of my computers on my network in Explorer but cannot access the files I have shared on that computer as it asks for the network credentials. What are these and how do I find out what they are?...
  9. network access

network access: I am using windows 10 and can't access files on a windows 7 computer on my home network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-access/e04042f0-bbdb-4091-a52e-2fc007678fcd
  10. Internet Access but no Network Access

Internet Access but no Network Access: Hello, I am new to this thread and I encountered some problems with my internet. My internet worked fine and I didn't do any changes to it up until it stopped working. I've managed to fix the internet access to allow me to access the internet on my laptop through wi-fi...