Windows 10: UDP ports not released

Discus and support UDP ports not released in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a problem where the UDP ports on my computer aren't being released. I monitor both the TCP and the UDP port assignments every 10 seconds. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bri-ko, Apr 5, 2021.

1. bri-ko Win User

UDP ports not released

I have a problem where the UDP ports on my computer aren't being released. I monitor both the TCP and the UDP port assignments every 10 seconds. This is the script I'm running:

#!/usr/bin/ksh

while true

do

d=`date`

lp=0

lp=`netstat -anp UDPgrep -c 65535`

if [ $lp -gt 0 ]

then

# echo $lp

netstat -anp UDP >/tmp/udp$$;exit

else

nu=`netstat -anp UDP wc -l`

nt=`netstat -anp TCP wc -l`

echo $d" - "$nu" UDP "$nt" TCP" >>/tmp/netstatct$$

sleep 10

fi

done

I see where the TCP ports go up and then back down while the UDP ports continue to increase until reaching port 65535 when no new ports can be assigned and I can no longer access the internet. If I ping or tracert to a known IP address it works so I know I'm connected through my ISP to the world but DNS no longer functions.

My question is: is there a way to reload all of the most current Windows10 software like a complete install without messing with the registry and existing installed software? I know this is a "shotgun" approach but I don't have the knowledge of the windows10 OS to try and download specific modules that may remedy my problem.

Note that this has been going on for 4-5 months, at first it didn't happen too often so I didn't realize what was going on. Now I usually have to reboot the computer every 2-3 days.

I would appreciate any input.

This is my current configuration:

Edition Windows 10 Pro

Version 20H2

Installed on ‎8/‎20/‎2020

OS build 19042.867

Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

Device name XXXXXXXX

Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHz

Installed RAM 24.0 GB

Device ID DF24E926-7832-494C-89F3-5444140BB25F

Product ID 00331-20020-00000-AA590

System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

:)

bri-ko, Apr 5, 2021
  2. Fr. Yuri Win User

UDP Ports

Windows 10 appears to be a totally control-freak operating system and I'm hating it.

I'm trying to run a TeamSpeak 3 server on my computer. It uses UDP Port 9987. I can access the port locally, through localhost or 127.0.0.1, even my internal IP... 192.168.1.116. But the instant I try to access it from the internet, it fails to connect.
    Yes, the port is forwarded in my router's port forwarding. Every program that uses TCP ports works just fine. But UDP ports are being blocked by something and I can't figure out what is blocking it. So, logically, since I don't have anything but the router,
    windows firewall and windows defender, it MUST be windows. I've checked for proxies between the internet and my router and there are none. So, again, logically, the only option left is Windows 10 itself.

I use to be able to use UDP ports in Windows 7 and Windows 8. It stopped when I upgraded to 8.1 and then 10 it still doesn't work. Does anyone have any suggestiongs?

I have a local portforward checking application that pings a external server that then tries to connect using the specified protocol for the specified port and it works just fine on TCP 9987, but when I tell it to check UDP 9987, it immediately comes back
    stating that a program is blocking the UDP 9987. Does anyone have any suggestions? Please, somebody help me get this working. I'm pulling my hair out here.

Fr. Yuri, Apr 5, 2021
  3. UDP ports in Windows Defender

How to open UDP port in Windows Defender

k8ols&jk, Apr 5, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

UDP ports not released

Data on UDP port 162 blocked

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you are trying to listen to traps on UDP port 162 and the application is not receiving any data.

Since you have already tried to create inbound rules to allow data on the UDP ports, and as you are still facing the same issue. In this situation, I would suggest you to post your query in

TechNet forums
    , where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on this query to assist you with the appropriate details.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 5, 2021
Thema:

UDP ports not released

1. UDP ports not released - Similar Threads - UDP ports released

2. UDP port

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UDP port: i started working from home this week & a few months ago everything was working fine with the new computer, yesterday when I logged in to the asp nextgen hosting site I was unable to do anything. we clicked on the connection that showed up and seen a message that said we...
  3. UDP port

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UDP port: i started working from home this week & a few months ago everything was working fine with the new computer, yesterday when I logged in to the asp nextgen hosting site I was unable to do anything. we clicked on the connection that showed up and seen a message that said we...
  4. Unable to receive traffic to UDP port 4500

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to receive traffic to UDP port 4500: How can we prevent Windows from interacting with packets received on UDP port 4500?Tested on other UDP ports, all can correctly receive data, while using UDP port 4500, no data can be received.Have already tried1. Stopping IKE and AuthIP IPsec Keying Modules.2. Stopping IPsec...
  5. Unable to receive traffic to UDP port 4500

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to receive traffic to UDP port 4500: How can we prevent Windows from interacting with packets received on UDP port 4500?Tested on other UDP ports, all can correctly receive data, while using UDP port 4500, no data can be received.Have already tried1. Stopping IKE and AuthIP IPsec Keying Modules.2. Stopping IPsec...
  6. Unable to receive traffic to UDP port 4500

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. TCP and UDP port no used by homegroup computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TCP and UDP port no used by homegroup computers: A. TCP 3587 UDP 3389B. TCP 3587 UDP 3540C. TCP 3389 UDP 3540D. TCP 80 UDP 3540 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tcp-and-udp-port-no-used-by-homegroup-computers/47a6498a-4c37-43c1-9806-2f334441aa17
  8. TCP and UDP port no used by homegroup computers

TCP and UDP port no used by homegroup computers: A. TCP 3587 UDP 3389B. TCP 3587 UDP 3540C. TCP 3389 UDP 3540D. TCP 80 UDP 3540 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tcp-and-udp-port-no-used-by-homegroup-computers/47a6498a-4c37-43c1-9806-2f334441aa17
  9. UDP ports in Windows Defender

UDP ports in Windows Defender: How to open UDP port in Windows Defender https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/udp-ports-in-windows-defender/25463022-51bd-4984-97af-07c3d2b382cd
  10. Data on UDP port 162 blocked

Data on UDP port 162 blocked: Hi I am trying to listen to traps on UDP port 162, but the application is not receiving any data. I can see the data onwireshark. I have created inbound rules to allow all data on UDP for all port numbers. Looks like something else needs to be done to receive data. I am...