Windows 10: UE Megaboom audio quality poor/no audio

Discus and support UE Megaboom audio quality poor/no audio in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to connect my UE Megaboom to my Dell Latitude 5480 laptop running Windows 10 1903 but am experiencing a few issues. First, when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DM_121, Sep 3, 2019.

1. DM_121 Win User

UE Megaboom audio quality poor/no audio

Hello,

I am trying to connect my UE Megaboom to my Dell Latitude 5480 laptop running Windows 10 1903 but am experiencing a few issues. First, when I initially connected, it discovered my device as a headset and my audio quality was very poor and audio was quiet. I did some research and tried multiple things to try and fix it. Here's what I found:

1. My bluetooth drivers are up to date and Windows is up to date.

2. I read some forums that said this is a common problem when connecting wireless speakers to Windows 10 and can be remedied by disabling "Handsfree Telephony" in 'Control Panel -> Devices and Printers -> UE Megaboom -> Services'. When I disabled this, the speaker no longer showed as an audio device but was still connected to the system. When I tried to disconnect it, I got a "Driver Error".

3. I found that my Bluetooth A2DP Source had some driver issues. I went on YouTube and ran this fix: elevated command prompt -> "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" then ran "sfc /scannow" (it did find corrupted files and fixed them) then I rebooted. Upon boot, the speaker reconnected but no audio was coming out of it.

4. I verified the sound output was "UE Megaboom Stereo" and my volume levels were okay. I even tried re-enabling "Handsfree Telephony" and tried playing sound through the "Headset" output. Sound would come out of the "Headset" output (although very poor quality) but would not from the "Stereo" output. The Stereo output is set as the default playback device. I've restarted my computer multiple times and disconnected/reconnected my UE Megaboom via Bluetooth multiple times as well.

Has anyone else experienced issues close to mine and if so, what can I try to get good quality sound through my UE Megaboom?

Thanks,

Dylan

:)

DM_121, Sep 3, 2019

2. UE MEGABOOM

UE's highly anticipated follow up to the original BOOM has finally arrived. MEGABOOM is the grand name of this new product that is just, as the name suggests, a MEGA-version of the original design. We put it through its paces to see if it is a worthy successor!

Show full review

Frederik S, Sep 3, 2019
  3. UE Megaboom Windows 10

Does anyone know how to connect a UE Megaboom to a PC that's running Windows 10?

Lxne Frxsh, Sep 3, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

Ultimate Ears Announces New UE MEGABOOM Speakers

Today Ultimate Ears is expanding its lineup of multi award-winning mobile speakers with UE MEGABOOM, the next-generation portable wireless speaker that delivers more power, more sound, more bass and more mayhem than you've ever experienced before in a portable speaker.

Similar to UE's first mobile speaker, UE BOOM, the next-generation UE MEGABOOM blasts freakishly amazing 360-degree sound with heart-pounding bass. With a waterproof - IPX7 certified - and stain-resistant acoustic skin, and a durable grab-and-go design, UE MEGABOOM makes your musical adventures both awesome and easy. Plus, UE MEGABOOM weighs less than two pounds, features a 20-hour rechargeable battery life and 100-foot wireless Bluetooth range, so you can keep the party going anywhere. You can also wirelessly Double Up with a second UE MEGABOOM, or UE BOOM, for twice the beats.

UE Megaboom audio quality poor/no audio 8a_thm.jpg

"People want their music wherever they go, and to be part of everything they do," said Rory Dooley, general manager of Ultimate Ears. "That's why we designed UE MEGABOOM to be strong enough to withstand your life and your adventures, and allow you to share the magic of music wherever you go."

Both UE MEGABOOM and UE BOOM are designed to frequently update with groundbreaking features accessible through the respective free apps for iOS or Android, such as remote On/Off, alarm functionality and fully customizable sound. And now, for the first time ever, updates can be made to the speakers over the air.

Pricing and Availability
    UE MEGABOOM is expected to be available in the U.S., and in select countries in Europe and Asia in January 2015, for a suggested retail price of $299.99.

btarunr, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

1. UE Megaboom audio quality poor/no audio - Similar Threads - Megaboom audio quality

2. Image / audio lag, poor sound quality

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Image / audio lag, poor sound quality: Hello, I have a new Acer Swift 3 SF314-42 AMD Ryzen 7 4700U, 8GB, 512GB SSD, running Windows 11. On 2 occasions now - both times when streaming on Netflix - the screen has frozen, audio continued and then computer crashed, leaving only the option to power off/ on again.On...
  3. Image / audio lag, poor sound quality

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Image / audio lag, poor sound quality: Hello, I have a new Acer Swift 3 SF314-42 AMD Ryzen 7 4700U, 8GB, 512GB SSD, running Windows 11. On 2 occasions now - both times when streaming on Netflix - the screen has frozen, audio continued and then computer crashed, leaving only the option to power off/ on again.On...
  4. Poor audio quality on streaming services

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Poor audio quality on streaming services: Audio is extremely low when watching streaming services. Audio is fine through other apps or from websites eg YouTube.Have tried everything:Checked audio settings - everything on 100%Run troubleshooter - nill issues foundUninstalled/ Updated driversUpdated BIOSTurned off...
  5. Poor audio quality on streaming services

Poor audio quality on streaming services: Audio is extremely low when watching streaming services. Audio is fine through other apps or from websites eg YouTube.Have tried everything:Checked audio settings - everything on 100%Run troubleshooter - nill issues foundUninstalled/ Updated driversUpdated BIOSTurned off...
  6. Poor Audio Recording Quality on Windows 11

Poor Audio Recording Quality on Windows 11: I'm currently experiencing issues with poor audio recording quality when using my brand new USB mic on my Acer Aspire 5 laptop. Here is what it sounds like when I try to record using this mic: https://youtu.be/6B6FoZxr7sA The issue isn't with the USB mic, because I tested it...
  7. Poor Mic Audio Quality

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Poor Mic Audio Quality: I recently built my first PC and have had a lot of audio issues since installing Windows 10 on it. Most of them are now sorted out but one still remains. My microphone quality is horrible and unintelligible in Windows 10. I can confirm that this is an audio processing issue...
  8. Poor audio quality disrupting video calls.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Poor audio quality disrupting video calls.: I have a new 4 months old Acer SWIFT SF314-57G, i7 processor, 16 GB RAM, Windows 10 home. Since the pandemic I am making regular video calls using a variety of platforms Skype, Zoom, Jitsi, Cisco and others. I have noticed that the sound quality is often very poor - a lot of...
  9. Poor Bluetooth Audio Quality

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Poor Bluetooth Audio Quality: I have had poor bluetooth audio quality ever since I did some updates through the HP Support Assistant. Some of those updates mentioned bluetooth drivers and I don't know if I messed something up by installing them. I've tried troubleshooting, but it comes back with...
  10. UE Megaboom Windows 10

UE Megaboom Windows 10: Does anyone know how to connect a UE Megaboom to a PC that's running Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_music/ue-megaboom-windows-10/4b3b3be5-58ff-4ca0-9e04-5c709593f6ed

Users found this page by searching for:

1. make ue megaboom discoverable with windows 10