Windows 10: UEFI 0xc000000e error when booting but can boot on BIOS

Discus and support UEFI 0xc000000e error when booting but can boot on BIOS in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I was trying to upgrade my computer to the windows 11 insider edition. I have 2 drives, a 250gb ssd and a 2tb harddrive. I changed my ssd from mbr to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LoopTurn, Aug 3, 2021.

1. LoopTurn Win User

UEFI 0xc000000e error when booting but can boot on BIOS

I was trying to upgrade my computer to the windows 11 insider edition. I have 2 drives, a 250gb ssd and a 2tb harddrive. I changed my ssd from mbr to gpt. I installed windows 10 on my ssd. When I try to boot from the ssd which is in UEFI mode I get a 0xc000000e error. But, somehow I am able to get into windows by using my harddrive. I am super confused and want to fix this error so I can boot from my ssd.Here is a picture of my drives Disk 2 is a windows installation disk for getting the command prompt. https://i.imgur.com/AeY7h2D.png[enter image description here]1I don't really

:)

LoopTurn, Aug 3, 2021
  2. Tmp1939 Win User

Error 0xc000000e and the computer does not boot

Jessen,

Thank you for suggestions.

F8 can not boot to Safe Mode.

Command lines >bootrec/fixmbr... have been tried

Win 10 USB and CD are of no help.

0xc000000e error still remains.

Tmp1939, Aug 3, 2021
  3. RyanClick Win User
    Error 0xc000000e Boot

I was attempting to boot my computer when I was greeted with the error code: 0xc000000e. In order to fix this I tried to enter Bios so that I could boot from the installation disc in order to repair the problem but my USB keyboard was not working. I tried
    using a different USB port and a different keyboard but the problem remained the same. One thing I did notice was that my Astro mixamp (That is powered by USB) was lit up which made me wonder what was going on with the USB ports. Any solutions?

RyanClick, Aug 3, 2021
  4. UEFI 0xc000000e error when booting but can boot on BIOS

Error 0xc000000e Boot

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for posting the query in Microsoft Community.

I understand how you feel about the situation.
    I do appreciate your efforts and time. Do not worry, will assist you with the issue. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you to refer the link below and try the steps provided by Ratandeep
    in the link below.

Windows 10 boot bcd error 0xc000000e

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Aug 3, 2021
Thema:

UEFI 0xc000000e error when booting but can boot on BIOS

1. UEFI 0xc000000e error when booting but can boot on BIOS - Similar Threads - UEFI 0xc000000e error

2. Error code "0xc000000e" when booting on Win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error code "0xc000000e" when booting on Win11: Hello,After a "hot" unplug of an external SATA SSD drive, my laptop "crashed" to a blue screen with error code "0xc000000e".Now it won't boot and will always go to this error screen.I tried a repair from USB, unsuccessful.When I enter the CMD then DISKPART tool, I can see my...
  3. UEFI boot entry in BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UEFI boot entry in BIOS: Dell Inspiron 15 3515 Windows 10.In my Inspiron I have two internal SSDs, one came as standard and is 125 GB and I added my own 500 GB SSD. I cloned the smaller SSD to the larger one and by using BCDBOOT was able to chose which to boot from at startup. Both boot up just fine....
  4. UEFI boot entry in BIOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UEFI boot entry in BIOS: Dell Inspiron 15 3515 Windows 10.In my Inspiron I have two internal SSDs, one came as standard and is 125 GB and I added my own 500 GB SSD. I cloned the smaller SSD to the larger one and by using BCDBOOT was able to chose which to boot from at startup. Both boot up just fine....
  5. UEFI boot entry in BIOS

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Error code "0xc000000e" when booting on Win11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error code "0xc000000e" when booting on Win11: Hey,I recently installed Win11 on the D: partition of my computer because I wanted to multi-boot with Win10 with an ISO bootable key. When I click on "Windows 11" button on the "Choose an option" menu, it spends a lot of time saying "Getting ready" Then it shows me "Recovery...
  7. Error 0xc000000e when booting from installation USB

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error 0xc000000e when booting from installation USB: I'm currently using linux but need windows for school. When I boot from a windows 10 usb, I get a blue error screen saying my pc needs to be repaired and showing error code 0xc000000e. None of the options listed work. My UEFI is configured properly, exactly the same as when I...
  8. Error code 0xc000000e, unable to boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error code 0xc000000e, unable to boot: I have my Windows installation on SSD. When I am trying to boot to Windows, I get an error code 0xc000000e. When I am trying to boot using USB, I cannot see SSD in the command prompt but I see the hard drive there. I think the issue is caused by SSD that has Windows...
  9. Bios order of boot and UEFI

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bios order of boot and UEFI: Hi there, what is the optimum order of "boot" you need to set the bios at for a quicker start-up? And where do you place the UEFI component in relation to the actual firmware in the order of boot? Thank you, Robert....
  10. Cannot boot into UEFI BIOS or Boot Menu

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot boot into UEFI BIOS or Boot Menu: Belarc reports UEFI: American Megatrends Inc. P11-B2 Operating System: Windows 10 Home (x64) Version 1511 (build 10586.494) Installed: 4/27/2016 5:58:22 AM Servicing Branch: Current Branch (CB) Boot Mode: UEFI with successful Secure Boot. This is my brother’s computer:...