Windows 10: [UEFI] Added ssd, clean install windows on it without bootable usb?

Discus and support [UEFI] Added ssd, clean install windows on it without bootable usb? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, Is it possible to install a fresh copy of windows 10 to the new ssd without having to create a bootable usb drive? The notebook already has a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by e46m3gtr, Dec 27, 2019.

1. e46m3gtr Win User

[UEFI] Added ssd, clean install windows on it without bootable usb?

Hello,

Is it possible to install a fresh copy of windows 10 to the new ssd without having to create a bootable usb drive? The notebook already has a hdd with windows 10 (uefi) in it.

Moreover the activation tab in settings shows the windows have digital licence. Does this mean the activation will be carried over to new windows after logged into microsoft account?

Asking for a non-tech-savvy friend. I can use remote desktop app to create a bootable media (rufus) however he seem bit confused with accessing uefi/boot menu and losing activation after clean installation.

Please guide me how to get this done. Thanks in advance.
    Early merry Christmas and happy new year everyone!

:)

e46m3gtr, Dec 27, 2019

2. Install Windows 10 using UEFI bootable USB thumb drive

You need to go into you system bios and select allow uefi usb drive. Then add the UEFI usb drive to the boot menu

better way to partition aand create an bootable usb.

For the UEFI system, we can use these steps to create the bootable USB:

1.Locate a 4GB or larger USB flash drive

2.Open Diskpart and run the following command cmd admin type diskpart

• Type DiskPart in the command prompt.
    • Type "List Disk” (make note of the disk number of the target USB drive).
    • Type "Select Disk X”, where X is the target USB drive noted in step 4.
    • Type "Clean”.
    • Type "Create Partition Primary”.
    • Type "format FS=fat32 quick”.
    • Type "Active”.
    • Type "Assign".
    • Type "Exit".

Copy your ISO files to the drive and reboot

never use UEFI it better to repartition and remove UEFI go with legacy bois

bfvetscolakid, Dec 27, 2019
  3. Agility Win User
    Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Dec 27, 2019
  4. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

1. [UEFI] Added ssd, clean install windows on it without bootable usb? - Similar Threads - UEFI Added ssd

2. Clean install without USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clean install without USB: Is there a way to clean install Windows 11 without USB?Other than the recovery option in settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clean-install-without-usb/965b2b43-ef13-4cc5-a5db-d9748556f323
  3. Clean install without USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clean install without USB: Is there a way to clean install Windows 11 without USB?Other than the recovery option in settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clean-install-without-usb/965b2b43-ef13-4cc5-a5db-d9748556f323
  4. creating USB BOOTABLE MEDIA for clean install of windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    creating USB BOOTABLE MEDIA for clean install of windows 10: hi, i want to perform a clean install of windows 10 on newly installed SSD on my laptop.my SSD is M.2 SATA SSD 500gbSO, I downloaded the ISO file from microsoft and while creating 'USB BOOTABLE MEDIA" on my 128gb pendrive using "RUFUS" software , there are two options -one is...
  5. MBR bootable usb in UEFI!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MBR bootable usb in UEFI!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,A moment ago I changed from Legacy mode to UEFI mode so I've Windows 10 bootable MBR USB, will it work on UEFI or need to convert USB to GPT?...
  6. MBR bootable usb in UEFI!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MBR bootable usb in UEFI!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,A moment ago I changed from Legacy mode to UEFI mode so I've Windows 10 bootable MBR USB, will it work on UEFI or need to convert USB to GPT?...
  7. MBR bootable usb in UEFI!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Bootable Windows install USB devices UEFI

Bootable Windows install USB devices UEFI: Hi there there's definitely a problem on some older computers with UEFI boot if the iso file is > than 4.5 GB. Up to that the file system is FAT32 and computers will boot OK. If greater than that then NTFS appears to be forced and some computers won't boot . I think the...
  9. clean installation windows 10 without usb bootable drive. is it possible?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    clean installation windows 10 without usb bootable drive. is it possible?: i have the .iso ready. i just want to perform windows installation from 0, i dont want to upgrade current windows. i want a complete installation like a new machine without os. submitted by /u/alice_zero [link] [comments]...
  10. UEFI install on clean SSD

UEFI install on clean SSD: I've been having some trouble with my existing Windows 10 installation, and I'm planing to resinstall the OS from scratch on a brand new SSD that's fresh out of the box. I want to install it with UEFI and Secure Boot from a USB, as I'm currently using Bios. I've...