Windows 10: UEFI BIOS Update via Windows Updates?

Discus and support UEFI BIOS Update via Windows Updates? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; One of the user tech's ("rockstar") on the Dell Community Forums reported he got a BIOS update for a Dell via the Windows 10 Updates. Was this a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by fireberd, Dec 14, 2018.

1. fireberd Win User

UEFI BIOS Update via Windows Updates?

One of the user tech's ("rockstar") on the Dell Community Forums reported he got a BIOS update for a Dell via the Windows 10 Updates.

Was this a fluke or is this something that is coming for all or selected PC's?

:)

fireberd, Dec 14, 2018

2. GTX 670 Update bios with UEFI support or not?

Windows 7 does support it but, more importantly, your mobo BIOS has to support it. So, update your BIOS to the very latest and you should be good to go. Your mobo BIOS is UEFI, right?

True Christian, Dec 14, 2018
  3. btarunr Win User
    UEFI Forum Releases UEFI 2.3.1 Specification Update

The UEFI Forum has ratified an update to the UEFI 2.3.1 Specification that adds important firmware considerations and addresses numerous engineering change requests. The updated Specification will be referred to as “UEFI 2.3.1C”.
    • UEFI 2.3.1C adds: An OS Indications Variable - OS/FW feature & capability communication – when implemented, allows end-users to make an OS menu request to enter BIOS setup after next reboot.
    • UEFI 2.3.1C adds: A mechanism which, when implemented, facilitates Open Source Operating System installations and OS- agnostic end-user configurations of retaining the factory default keys while in Setup Mode (see Specification for full technical detail of Setup Mode).
    • UEFI 2.3.1C removes: Runtime driver requirement on Network UNDI drivers - this allows UNDI drivers to be delivered in EFI Byte Code (EBC) Virtual Machine format supporting systems based on different processor architectures.
    Complete details on UEFI 2.3.1C are available here.

The UEFI Forum’s UTWG (UEFI Test Working Group) is currently working on updating the SCT (Self-Certification Tests) to align with the latest spec changes. Please see www.uefi.org for more updates.

UEFI Summer Summit Interoperability & Education Event:
    Specification Update Benefits Windows 8 & Open Source OS Implementations Microsoft to Host UEFI Summer Summit, July 16-20, 2012 in Redmond, WA

The UEFI Testing Work Group (UTWG) and the UEFI Industry Communications Work Group (ICWG) from the Unified EFI (UEFI) Forum invite you to register for the upcoming UEFI Summer Summit: An Interoperability and Education Workshop being held this July at the Microsoft Campus in Redmond, WA.
    • Hosted by Microsoft, the event is sponsored by AMD, AMI, HP, Insyde, Intel, Microsoft & Phoenix.
    • Online registration for the UEFI Summer Summit can be found at here and here. Please note registration is scheduled to close on July 9th.
    The organizers specifically wish to encourage add-in card vendors to attend the Summit. This is the last planned Forum-sponsored opportunity to test Secure Boot functionality and the interoperability of cards with UEFI-compliant systems for 2012. With the serious industry interest in Secure Boot functionality, this Summit is an excellent opportunity to test interoperability, as well as discuss the technology with other industry members.

btarunr, Dec 14, 2018
  4. puma99dk| Win User

GTX 670 Update bios with UEFI support or not?

i am wondering if i should update my Asus GTX670-DC2G-4GD5 to get UEFI support or not.

i am running Windows 8.1 but i am wondering if my card would work in Windows 7 if i update it with UEFI support.

i haven't done it yet, bcs i don't wanna update it, if i can't use normal Windows 7 on it.

puma99dk|, Dec 14, 2018
Thema:

1. UEFI BIOS Update via Windows Updates? - Similar Threads - UEFI BIOS Update

2. KB5012170: Windows update error 0x800f0922, UEFI Bios update may resolve it

in Windows 10 News
    KB5012170: Windows update error 0x800f0922, UEFI Bios update may resolve it: Microsoft released cumulative updates for all supported versions of Windows on the August 2022 Patch Day. The company did release a second security update for Windows at the day to address issues in Secure Boot DBX. [ATTACH] Installation of the second update may throw the...
  3. Updating Computer's BIOS to UEFI, older computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updating Computer's BIOS to UEFI, older computer: Good afternoon,Bare with me, there is a reason for the background info at the start....I recently upgraded my graphics card to a GTX 1060 3GB. Now when i boot up the computer, it beeps every 30 seconds, but after about 5 minutes it boots on and i have full access and the...
  4. Updating Computer's BIOS to UEFI, older computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updating Computer's BIOS to UEFI, older computer: Good afternoon,Bare with me, there is a reason for the background info at the start....I recently upgraded my graphics card to a GTX 1060 3GB. Now when i boot up the computer, it beeps every 30 seconds, but after about 5 minutes it boots on and i have full access and the...
  5. Updating Computer's BIOS to UEFI, older computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Mobile bios UEFI updating via wu.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mobile bios UEFI updating via wu.: From this thread 1909 has a BIOS firmware update feature built into the Device Manager Just posting to @Try3 in that I've just updated the bios via WU again on a new laptop with fingers crossed. 182193
  7. UEFI / Legacy BIOS Mess and Windows Update

in Windows 10 Support
    UEFI / Legacy BIOS Mess and Windows Update: Hi When Windows 10 ran its automatic update I got a message "Windows can't be installed because this PC has an unsupported disk layout for UEFI firmware". I think this is probably my own fault - I remember having boot problems a while ago (can't remember what caused them...
  8. DELL BIOS update via windows update causes problems

DELL BIOS update via windows update causes problems: Yesterday a windows update came up. It downloaded automaticaly, without asking me, and i had to restart my laptop, without the option not to do it and just remove the update. After that i noticed that it was a DELL BIOS update and since then my laptop has some gaming issues....
  9. Updating UEFI/BIOS with Windows 10

Updating UEFI/BIOS with Windows 10: I am currently trying to install a new BIOS update for my HP Laptop. I have confirmed that there a new update available, but I'm concerned on how exactly to go through with it. I know I have to disable both my Anti-Virus software and Bitlocker Encryption, and I wanted make...
  10. Stuck in UEFI BIOS after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck in UEFI BIOS after Windows 10 update: Just came home to see my box finishing a new Windows 10 update and restart. Restart ended in a “Blue Screen”, then reboot that went straight to the BIOS. BIOS shows everything as normal as far as I can tell. The OS SSD is also listed as boot device 1 but every restart leads...