Windows 10: uefi boot and boot manager issues

Discus and support uefi boot and boot manager issues in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; i am having issues after imaging windows 10 through UEFI windows boot manager is the first boot device and i need it to include the nic. we image... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kathy Brazeal, Sep 15, 2020.

1. uefi boot and boot manager issues

i am having issues after imaging windows 10 through UEFI windows boot manager is the first boot device and i need it to include the nic. we image remotely and don't want to have to physically touch the bios every time we image

:)

Kathy Brazeal, Sep 15, 2020
  2. Arjay Dom Win User

UEFI boot manager

Hi,

This issue with UEFI boot manager can be caused by boot manager problems.

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know if you've installed any software or made any hardware changes prior to the issue.

In the meantime, we recommend contacting the device manufacturer for hardware diagnostics and possible configuration of the boot order.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Arjay Dom, Sep 15, 2020
  3. Windows boot manager

There could be some system conflict triggered after the said changes. To help you with your concern, we suggest that you perform a clean boot. A
    clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This will help to determine what is causing the issue on the Windows boot manager. To do this, click on this
    link and scroll down to the
    How to determine what is causing the problem by performing a clean boot section then follow the steps listed..

Note: If the installation is successful and the issue has been resolved. Please go through the section “How to reset the computer to start as usual” to reset your computer to the normal startup.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Sep 15, 2020
  4. uefi boot and boot manager issues

No "Windows Boot Manager" entry of Boot Configuration of UEFI for Surface Pro 4

The only way I'm aware Windows Boot Manager will not set itself first to boot on a UEFI System is if it was installed in CSM or Legacy Mode. You can tell this in Disk Management by the presence of the legacy Active flag on System partition and lack of an
    EFI System partition, or type msinfo in Start search to look in System Information at BIOS mode.

Sometimes the settings in the UEFI firmware are sparse and the only determinative for UEFI install is if the installation media is booted as a UEFI device and all partitions deleted down to Unallocated Space to reset if necessary the disk formatting from
    MBR to GPT required for UEFI install.

The normal UEFI settings in BIOS are CSM, Legacy BIOS, UEFI, and under Boot Priority order. If you want to report back those settings choices we can help interpret them.

If the Windows Boot Manager was deleted from the list then you may need to Reset UEFI Firmware to Defaults using that choice wherever it appears - check all tabs.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

uefi boot and boot manager issues

1. uefi boot and boot manager issues - Similar Threads - uefi boot boot

2. Boot manager issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Boot manager issues: How do I exit windows boot manager SAMSUNG MZALQ256HAJD-000L2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-manager-issues/975ba3cc-5e81-43fa-99c6-f91ea795408f
  3. Boot manager issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot manager issues: How do I exit windows boot manager SAMSUNG MZALQ256HAJD-000L2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-manager-issues/975ba3cc-5e81-43fa-99c6-f91ea795408f
  4. Boot manager issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. UEFI Boot Issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    UEFI Boot Issue: Heyo: I have an issue with a Dell Inspiron 5767. Basically, I had a BIOS update and now the computer isn't booting to the OS. Upon restart , it loads to automatic repair. The only thing I did was the Dell assistant upgraded the BIOS to 1.2.8. it said it successfully...
  6. UEFI: Windows Boot Manager

in Windows 10 Support
    UEFI: Windows Boot Manager: Hello guys first-timer here. I was wondering if I messed up something in my computer. Sorry for a bit lengthy post. What happened was, a few days ago I changed my power supply into a new one and decided to clean case along the way. I had disconnected everything and...
  7. UEFI Windows Boot Manager Keeps taking boot priority.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    UEFI Windows Boot Manager Keeps taking boot priority.: I cloned over to an SSD, and now I can't boot right into windows after a new day boot or restart. I've changed the priority in the bios, tinkered in MSConfig, and even ran the CMD prompt bcdedit /set {bootmgr} timeout 0 128703
  8. UEFI BOOT

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    UEFI BOOT: Hi Smart People Dell Inspiron i5-3x Win10 I recently installed Crucial MS500 500MB SSD replacing a HDD after cloning (Acronis software that is provided by Crucial) and it's experiencing Boot issues. When booting normally it brings me to a screen asking me to select my...
  9. UEFI or Windows Boot Manager?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    UEFI or Windows Boot Manager?: I apologize in advance if I sound dense, but I'm seeing something in the BIOS that doesn't make sense to me. I have three different SSDs at this time, one each for 7, 10 upgrade, and 10 clean (the last is a slow work in progress). All of the SSDs are GPT* and SATA is set...
  10. UEFI boot issues

in Windows 10 Support
    UEFI boot issues: Hi Everyone i recently wiped my PC and reinstalled the most recent ISO from Microsoft, i changed from MBR to UEFI and i'm experiencing a few issues 1. turn pc on without monitor / pc on it turns on and posts but the screens are blank when i power my monitor on 2. if my...