Windows 10: UEFI Boot Issue

Discus and support UEFI Boot Issue in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Heyo: I have an issue with a Dell Inspiron 5767. Basically, I had a BIOS update and now the computer isn't booting to the OS. Upon restart , it loads... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sure4Thing, Dec 30, 2019.

1. UEFI Boot Issue

Heyo:

I have an issue with a Dell Inspiron 5767. Basically, I had a BIOS update and now the computer isn't booting to the OS. Upon restart , it loads to automatic repair.

The only thing I did was the Dell assistant upgraded the BIOS to 1.2.8. it said it successfully installed and then rebooted.

Current Settings: - Secure Boot Enabled - UEFI Boot Enabled - PTT Enabled

I have tried: - Reverting back to legacy boot (couldn't remember if I had it set up for UEFI or not) - Turning off secure boot

Does anyone have any suggestions? Hoping to not need to do a fresh OS install.

submitted by /u/Sure4Thing
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Sure4Thing, Dec 30, 2019

2. Vista Green bar UEFI boot mode windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for providing the required information.

Provide us additional information to assist further

• Do you remember making any changes on the computer prior to the issue?
    • Did you change UEFI boot mode after upgrading to Windows 10?

I would like to inform that there might be some changes occurred to the boot files. Hence try startup repair using ISO file as I have suggested earlier and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Let us know the status of this issue with required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 30, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 30, 2019
  4. OneMoar Win User

UEFI Boot Issue

Brand new Acer Revo Build stops posting after turning on UEFI

pretty much this

OneMoar, Dec 30, 2019
Thema:

UEFI Boot Issue

1. UEFI Boot Issue - Similar Threads - UEFI Boot Issue

2. UEFI boot start up issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UEFI boot start up issues: Hello Microsoft Community,Looking to change boot from Legacy to UEFI and have updated my bios settings to enable UEFI and to boot from UEFI. After changing I am unable to boot and get the No Boot Device Found. Press any key to reboot the machine error.From my understanding...
  3. UEFI boot start up issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UEFI boot start up issues: Hello Microsoft Community,Looking to change boot from Legacy to UEFI and have updated my bios settings to enable UEFI and to boot from UEFI. After changing I am unable to boot and get the No Boot Device Found. Press any key to reboot the machine error.From my understanding...
  4. uefi boot and boot manager issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    uefi boot and boot manager issues: i am having issues after imaging windows 10 through UEFI windows boot manager is the first boot device and i need it to include the nic. we image remotely and don't want to have to physically touch the bios every time we image...
  5. UEFI Boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    UEFI Boot: Following a Windows 10 updateto version 2004 on 18thAugust 2020, my PC goes into a boot loop, I can get out of it by pressing F12 and selecting Windows Boot Manager rather than the default UEFI partition 1 on a Kingston SSD. The PC then boots and runs normally. I would like...
  6. UEFI BOOT

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    UEFI BOOT: Hi Smart People Dell Inspiron i5-3x Win10 I recently installed Crucial MS500 500MB SSD replacing a HDD after cloning (Acronis software that is provided by Crucial) and it's experiencing Boot issues. When booting normally it brings me to a screen asking me to select my...
  7. UEFI with Secure Boot (UEFI version) ?

in Windows 10 Support
    UEFI with Secure Boot (UEFI version) ?: I want to enable UEFI with Secure Boot and I do have an option to enable Secure Boot. But how can I tell if I am running UEFI firmware version 2.3.1.c ? Because to enable Secure Boot, machines must have UEFI firmware version 2.3.1.c I went to System Information, but It...
  8. UEFI boot mode and Hiren live USB issu

in Windows 10 Support
    UEFI boot mode and Hiren live USB issu: Hello once again I have a tablet. Model: Haier Y11b Now I have a Hiren bootable USB I want to boot the tablet from this USB but i am not able to do so though the USB stick is shown in the boot device menu but it wont boot instead display a black screen. Is the...
  9. UEFI boot issues

in Windows 10 Support
    UEFI boot issues: Hi Everyone i recently wiped my PC and reinstalled the most recent ISO from Microsoft, i changed from MBR to UEFI and i'm experiencing a few issues 1. turn pc on without monitor / pc on it turns on and posts but the screens are blank when i power my monitor on 2. if my...
  10. UEFI booting

in Windows 10 Support
    UEFI booting: I created two UEFI bootable USB drives: USB stick 1.) using windows 10 "create recovery drive" - on a 32GB usb 3.0 drive USB stick 2.) using EASE US backup/restore software - on a 4GB usb 2.0 drive Both sticks appear to be UEFI. When I put them in my windows 10 desktop...