Windows 10: UEFI boot with UHD monitor

Discus and support UEFI boot with UHD monitor in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just installed a Dell 2560 x 1440 WQHD monitor as a 3rd display. It is set as my main display. If I go to Advanced Startup and attempt to startup to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MDougC, Feb 18, 2019.

1. MDougC Win User

UEFI boot with UHD monitor

I just installed a Dell 2560 x 1440 WQHD monitor as a 3rd display. It is set as my main display.

If I go to Advanced Startup and attempt to startup to UEFI settings, I get a black screen.

I have to unplug the high def monitor before doing the UEFI boot in order to see the startup screen.

Anybody have a solution??

Also, when doing a normal startup, I no longer get the start logo and the circulating arrow to indicate that startup is progressing.

Help?

:)

MDougC, Feb 18, 2019
  2. OneMoar Win User

Brand new Acer Revo Build stops posting after turning on UEFI

pretty much this

OneMoar, Feb 18, 2019
  3. dark2099 Win User
    AsRock Z77 Pro3 - AHCI? UEFI?

UEFI is a new standard of bios design, so that would probably be what the BIOS has listed as the first boot option, where ACHI is a mode that SATA controllers run, and that is probably listing drives by order of first to last by port order. Not sure why it would list that way (if my guess is right as to how/why it is listing the drives).

dark2099, Feb 18, 2019
  4. Uplink10 Win User

Can't disable UEFI boot on HP 250 G3

I got it, I was not accustomed to UEFI (because on HP 4540s I disabled it) and I automatically thought that if I boot from the first menu it will boot in UEFI mode, but I have to go to second menu "Boot From EFI File" to get a list of EFI boot options:

UEFI boot with UHD monitor IMG_1509375.jpg

I installed Ubuntu Mate and Windows 8.1 from the first menu (the picture) and they both installed in BIOS mode. Quite simple really.

Uplink10, Feb 18, 2019
Thema:

1. UEFI boot with UHD monitor - Similar Threads - UEFI boot UHD

2. Windows Will Not Boot UEFI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Will Not Boot UEFI: Windows will not boot URFI. Everywhere it says on search for windows and bios regardless of OS it will boot to bios on firmware init when press the key. Windows is breaking it....
  3. Legacy or uefi boot?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Legacy or uefi boot?: I tried reinstalling windows again onto my hdd because i moved my linux distro from that hdd onto my main ssd. the ssd booted originally i belive with legacy mode, but with the hdd bootting with the new installi gets stuck in "getting ready" I believe the bios used to be...
  4. UEFI Boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    UEFI Boot: Following a Windows 10 updateto version 2004 on 18thAugust 2020, my PC goes into a boot loop, I can get out of it by pressing F12 and selecting Windows Boot Manager rather than the default UEFI partition 1 on a Kingston SSD. The PC then boots and runs normally. I would like...
  5. UEFI Boot Issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    UEFI Boot Issue: Heyo: I have an issue with a Dell Inspiron 5767. Basically, I had a BIOS update and now the computer isn't booting to the OS. Upon restart , it loads to automatic repair. The only thing I did was the Dell assistant upgraded the BIOS to 1.2.8. it said it successfully...
  6. UEFI Boot Menu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    UEFI Boot Menu: I went into my UEFI boot menu yesterday to try to boot to a USB drive and noticed the kanji-looking characters in the screen shot provided. I couldn't use the up/down arrow keys to select a different boot device. The tab key would take me to the "Enter Setup" and "Boot...
  7. UEFI BOOT

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    UEFI BOOT: Hi Smart People Dell Inspiron i5-3x Win10 I recently installed Crucial MS500 500MB SSD replacing a HDD after cloning (Acronis software that is provided by Crucial) and it's experiencing Boot issues. When booting normally it brings me to a screen asking me to select my...
  8. UEFI with Secure Boot (UEFI version) ?

in Windows 10 Support
    UEFI with Secure Boot (UEFI version) ?: I want to enable UEFI with Secure Boot and I do have an option to enable Secure Boot. But how can I tell if I am running UEFI firmware version 2.3.1.c ? Because to enable Secure Boot, machines must have UEFI firmware version 2.3.1.c I went to System Information, but It...
  9. UEFI boot issues

in Windows 10 Support
    UEFI boot issues: Hi Everyone i recently wiped my PC and reinstalled the most recent ISO from Microsoft, i changed from MBR to UEFI and i'm experiencing a few issues 1. turn pc on without monitor / pc on it turns on and posts but the screens are blank when i power my monitor on 2. if my...
  10. UEFI booting

in Windows 10 Support
    UEFI booting: I created two UEFI bootable USB drives: USB stick 1.) using windows 10 "create recovery drive" - on a 32GB usb 3.0 drive USB stick 2.) using EASE US backup/restore software - on a 4GB usb 2.0 drive Both sticks appear to be UEFI. When I put them in my windows 10 desktop...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 4k monitor bios balck screen

2. UEFI boot with UHD monitor