Windows 10: UEFI BOOT

Discus and support UEFI BOOT in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi Smart People Dell Inspiron i5-3x Win10 I recently installed Crucial MS500 500MB SSD replacing a HDD after cloning (Acronis software that is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by D-K-S, Nov 14, 2018.

1. D-K-S Win User

UEFI BOOT

Hi Smart People

Dell Inspiron i5-3x

Win10

I recently installed Crucial MS500 500MB SSD replacing a HDD after cloning (Acronis software that is provided by Crucial) and it's experiencing Boot issues.

When booting normally it brings me to a screen asking me to select my keyboard language - then restarts and brings me back to the same screen.

I can boot by selecting F12 during startup which brings me to a screen:

UEFI BOOT e6559a04-12ba-4e6e-91b2-ac41eabe26cb?upload=true.jpg

The default Windows Boot Manager cycles me thru the Keyboard Language screen -

The SECOND Windows Boot Manager boots the machine normally - but only for that cycle.

How do I remove the first WBM, or swap positions - anything as long it the boot Sequence looks to the 2nd WBM.

Bios doesn't seem to have that option - is it something that can be done using Regedit or another process?

Thanks for the help!

D-K-S

:)

D-K-S, Nov 14, 2018
  2. OneMoar Win User

Brand new Acer Revo Build stops posting after turning on UEFI

pretty much this

OneMoar, Nov 14, 2018
  3. dark2099 Win User
    AsRock Z77 Pro3 - AHCI? UEFI?

UEFI is a new standard of bios design, so that would probably be what the BIOS has listed as the first boot option, where ACHI is a mode that SATA controllers run, and that is probably listing drives by order of first to last by port order. Not sure why it would list that way (if my guess is right as to how/why it is listing the drives).

dark2099, Nov 14, 2018
  4. UEFI BOOT

Pedro Bruguera, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

UEFI BOOT

1. UEFI BOOT - Similar Threads - UEFI BOOT

2. Disk validation failed. I am trying to boot to UEFI but MBR2GPT is not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk validation failed. I am trying to boot to UEFI but MBR2GPT is not working.: Here is a picture of the promptI just can not find a way to figure this out.I have to disks: 1 HDD and 1 SSD where my OS is installed.Someone said that I might have to remove my HDD to get this to work, but some other guy said I don't need to remove it because I have only 2...
  3. Disk validation failed. I am trying to boot to UEFI but MBR2GPT is not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk validation failed. I am trying to boot to UEFI but MBR2GPT is not working.: Here is a picture of the promptI just can not find a way to figure this out.I have to disks: 1 HDD and 1 SSD where my OS is installed.Someone said that I might have to remove my HDD to get this to work, but some other guy said I don't need to remove it because I have only 2...
  4. Disk validation failed. I am trying to boot to UEFI but MBR2GPT is not working.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. My pc will not boot into windows after i change from CSM to UEFI.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc will not boot into windows after i change from CSM to UEFI.: It doesnt boot. My old post just disapered https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-will-not-boot-into-windows-after-i-change/0c6f65de-d9db-4e32-9537-1175475c3720
  6. My pc will not boot into windows after i change from CSM to UEFI.

My pc will not boot into windows after i change from CSM to UEFI.: It doesnt boot. My old post just disapered https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-will-not-boot-into-windows-after-i-change/0c6f65de-d9db-4e32-9537-1175475c3720
  7. My pc will not boot into windows after i change from CSM to UEFI.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. My pc will not boot into windows after i change from CSM to UEFI.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc will not boot into windows after i change from CSM to UEFI.: My pc will not boot into windows after i change from CSM to UEFI. It boots into the bios which i recently updated and will not change untill i change back to CSM. I have a AMD motherbboard i think....
  9. My pc will not boot into windows after i change from CSM to UEFI.

My pc will not boot into windows after i change from CSM to UEFI.: My pc will not boot into windows after i change from CSM to UEFI. It boots into the bios which i recently updated and will not change untill i change back to CSM. I have a AMD motherbboard i think....
  10. My pc will not boot into windows after i change from CSM to UEFI.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging