Windows 10: UEFI booted Windows 10 installation stuck at blue Windows Logo screen

Discus and support UEFI booted Windows 10 installation stuck at blue Windows Logo screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently got a set of Intel X79 platform (ASRock X79 Extreme 3) from my friend, and decided to perform a clean install of Windows 10. I had a USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by nfsking, Oct 22, 2018.

1. nfsking Win User

UEFI booted Windows 10 installation stuck at blue Windows Logo screen

I recently got a set of Intel X79 platform (ASRock X79 Extreme 3) from my friend, and decided to perform a clean install of Windows 10.

I had a USB stick which contained Windows 10 x64 installer, made by official Windows 10 Media Creation Tool 1803, and it worked well on any other of my PCs with UEFI mode.

But as I set the bootup device to this USB drive in UEFI mode, it only showed a blue Windows logo, and just stuck there. The indicator LED of USB drive blinked a few seconds and went off, then nothing was going on as expected.

BTW, if I change the bootup settings to CSM mode (or so called Legacy mode on some of the MB), then everything works fine, Windows can be installed correctly. But I just want to install and boot Windows in UEFI mode.

Is there anyone know what makes installation stuck at the Logo screen?

Thanks.

:)

nfsking, Oct 22, 2018

2. Trouble installing windows 7 on RAID in UEFI

As the title says, I'm trying to install Windows on a RAID array in uefi on my Maximus V Formula. When using legacy ROM I can install just fine but I go into CSM and change settings to UEFI only, I can build the array in the UEFI Raid driver (IRST tab in "BIOS") but the array does not show up in the boot menu and when I try to install windows (boot from UEFI DVD drive), The drive does not show up in the Windows install. The next thing I tried was to enable UEFI and legacy oprom in CSM, boot from UEFI DVD drive and install to the RAID array (probably detected by legacy oprom) and it will install. After first reboot, Windows Boot manager will show up as an option in the BIOS boot menu so I set that as first boot device and reboot. I will get to the starting windows screen and then BSOD (too quick to get codes) The last thing I tried was Changing to legacy mode and installing windows to a different drive. once installed, I initialized the Raid array as GPT and rebooted, changed csm back to UEFI only but they RAID array still doesn't show in the boot device list so I repeated the earlier process hoping that It might work because I had initialized as GPT but it still BSODs on starting windows screen. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

mystiksinner, Oct 22, 2018
  3. FX-GMC Win User
    Trouble installing windows 7 on RAID in UEFI

I think you were on track with your first try. Windows installer probably needs the RAID driver in order to detect it on install.

UEFI booted Windows 10 installation stuck at blue Windows Logo screen [​IMG]

FX-GMC, Oct 22, 2018
  4. UEFI booted Windows 10 installation stuck at blue Windows Logo screen

Installation Hangs at Blue Windows Logo, Error Code C1900101-20017

The BIOS update suggestion posted above by @Jegler helped me, @guhanath. I was on version 1.10 and updated to 1.90. The steps I took after that were just doing the official Windows 10 upgrade procedure.

Then the Windows 10 installation went without a hitch, and I'm no longer on Windows 7. I'm going to consider this solved, thank you @Jelger for the suggestion to update the BIOS!

KingDecimator, Oct 22, 2018
Thema:

UEFI booted Windows 10 installation stuck at blue Windows Logo screen

1. UEFI booted Windows 10 installation stuck at blue Windows Logo screen - Similar Threads - UEFI booted installation

2. Corrupt uefi windows 10 installation boot screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupt uefi windows 10 installation boot screen.: I have a really strange problem. When I boot into a windows 10 installation my screen looks like the photos below. I tried almost everything that I could find on the internet. The interesting thing is that when it loads the installation is on low resolution a.k.a looks like...
  3. Corrupt uefi windows 10 installation boot screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupt uefi windows 10 installation boot screen.: I have a really strange problem. When I boot into a windows 10 installation my screen looks like the photos below. I tried almost everything that I could find on the internet. The interesting thing is that when it loads the installation is on low resolution a.k.a looks like...
  4. Missing boot logo UEFI

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Missing boot logo UEFI: Hi, I want to ask my fresh copy of windows is not showing the boot logo or the DELL logo does not appear after boot with my ubuntu GRUB 2.04 how do I fix this even when winning boot manager, it first does not appear. How do I fix I'm getting scared...
  5. Win 10 failing to boot - stuck on blue logo

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 10 failing to boot - stuck on blue logo: Hey so recently I installed a second HDD in my win 10 pc under the E: drive. Ever since I did that my pc will get stuck while trying to boot and I have to force restart it, then it will boot fine. I tried to boot into the UEFI options but it doesn't show, and if I try to go...
  6. Installation stuck on boot screen with logo and no spinning dots

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installation stuck on boot screen with logo and no spinning dots: Hey guys. So, I've finally made the decision to upgrade my laptop from Windows 7 to 10. I know I'm a little bit late. I'm installing Windows 10 through the Media Creation Tool. Everything is fine and dandy until the laptop restarts during the installation process. I'm...
  7. Windows 10 install stuck at logo screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 install stuck at logo screen: Hello, this is my first post here. I've been trying to install Windows 10 for a few days now and whatever I do I can't get past the black screen with the four blue rectangles that constitute the Windows 10 logo. (I haven't installed 10 before - does everyone see this...
  8. Windows 10 installation stuck at blue logo(no spinning dots)

Windows 10 installation stuck at blue logo(no spinning dots): All, I downloaded windows 10 ISO(I purchased it) file and created bootable DVD and USB using Rufus. I want to install windows 10 in one of the system which had corrupted windows 7 in SSD(No data or nothing is required) My system config is below Intel i5(4th gen)...
  9. Windows 10 USB Installer Stuck On Blue Logo

Windows 10 USB Installer Stuck On Blue Logo: Hi! I'm desperately trying to format my laptop and install brand-new Windows 10 on it. At first, I downloaded Microsoft's Media Creation Tool and tried to upgrade my Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. The installation failed saying: 0xC1900101 - 0x20017 The installation...
  10. Clean Install of Windows 10 64bit stuck @ Blue Logo

Clean Install of Windows 10 64bit stuck @ Blue Logo: Hello, I currently have Win10 32bit Pro . I made a bootable USB and DVD to upgrade to the 64bit Home version, both yield the same results. Each time I try to perform a clean install, it just hangs at the blue windows logo, no spinning circle just the logo. I let it sit for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows uefi boot stick blue screen