Windows 10: UEFI Can't locate /efi/boot/BootX64.efi

Discus and support UEFI Can't locate /efi/boot/BootX64.efi in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi everyone, Thanks for helping...I try to install a new PC HP Pro Tower 290 G9 - RAM 8 GB with Windows 10 64 bit... I created with Rufus from ISO file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Rachid Baouz, May 24, 2023.

1. UEFI Can't locate /efi/boot/BootX64.efi

Hi everyone, Thanks for helping...I try to install a new PC HP Pro Tower 290 G9 - RAM 8 GB with Windows 10 64 bit... I created with Rufus from ISO file a bootable USB GPT - UEFI - NTFS 4096 bytes as Cluster size.Rufus created 2 partitions : one with 4.3 GB of folders and files like autorun.inf, bootmgr.inf, setup.exe and one smaller containing one folder "EFI/boot/" containing 4 files .efi like BootX64.efi.When I start PC, I try F9 to select USB to boot from... I choose USB... And Boom error "Can't locate /efi/boot/BootX64.efi"Please help....If you have any idea, PLZ tell me...Thanks in

:)

Rachid Baouz, May 24, 2023

2. UEFI Can't locate /efi/boot/BootX64.efi

Hi everyone, Thanks for helping...

I try to install a new PC (HP Pro Tower 290 G9 - RAM 8 GB) with Windows 10 64 bit... I created with Rufus from ISO file a bootable USB (GPT - UEFI - NTFS 4096 bytes as Cluster size).

Rufus created 2 partitions : one with 4.3 GB of folders and files (like autorun.inf, bootmgr.inf, setup.exe) and one smaller containing one folder "EFI/boot/" containing 4 files .efi like BootX64.efi.

When I start PC, I try F9 to select USB to boot from... I choose USB... And Boom error "Can't locate /efi/boot/BootX64.efi"

Please help....If you have any idea, PLZ tell me...

Thanks in advance

Rachid Baouz, May 24, 2023
  3. Could not locate efi boot bootx64.efi error

Well, I cannot open the Startup Repair tool because the windows not running. I'm getting the error immediately i'm starting the laptop. I've checked the files and the bootx64.efi is where it should be, in the efi\boot\ folder

MihaiRazvan, May 24, 2023
  4. UEFI Can't locate /efi/boot/BootX64.efi

Could not locate efi boot bootx64.efi error

Hi there, I have installed windows 10 pro on a ssd nvme m.2 and I have used it for few weeks without any problem(it is a win to go with an adapter for USB). After an windows update I got this error: ,,could not locate efi boot bootx64.efi'' and cannot use it anymore. I want to mention that the Secure Boot is disabled. The ssd was running perfectly fine before that update and the windows is activated. I have attached a picture.

Please help me.

Thank you!!
    UEFI Can't locate /efi/boot/BootX64.efi bfbd1180-f50f-4d8c-810d-2ccc907f24d9?upload=true.jpg

MihaiRazvan, May 24, 2023
Thema:

UEFI Can't locate /efi/boot/BootX64.efi

1. UEFI Can't locate /efi/boot/BootX64.efi - Similar Threads - UEFI Can't locate

2. Fail installing Windows 11 - "Could not locate 'efi\boot\bootx64.efi': [14] Not Found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fail installing Windows 11 - "Could not locate 'efi\boot\bootx64.efi': [14] Not Found: Hi,I bought a brand new PC with intel Core i5 13500 processor and tried installing Windows 11 from a USB UEFI key that contains Windows 11 ISO. The message "Could not locate 'efi\boot\bootx64.efi': [14] Not Found appeared.Tried disabling "Secure boot", didn't work same...
  3. Fail installing Windows 11 - "Could not locate 'efi\boot\bootx64.efi': [14] Not Found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fail installing Windows 11 - "Could not locate 'efi\boot\bootx64.efi': [14] Not Found: Hi,I bought a brand new PC with intel Core i5 13500 processor and tried installing Windows 11 from a USB UEFI key that contains Windows 11 ISO. The message "Could not locate 'efi\boot\bootx64.efi': [14] Not Found appeared.Tried disabling "Secure boot", didn't work same...
  4. Showing efi\boot\bootx64.efi file not found.. what's the issue..?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Showing efi\boot\bootx64.efi file not found.. what's the issue..?: I have created bootable media with GPT mode.My previous version of Windows is Windows 7, which is corrupted. And when I wanted to install windows 10, after selecting the media the error is showing like:- efi\boot\bootx64.efi' 14 file not found.. kindly help...
  5. Showing efi\boot\bootx64.efi file not found.. what's the issue..?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Showing efi\boot\bootx64.efi file not found.. what's the issue..?: I have created bootable media with GPT mode.My previous version of Windows is Windows 7, which is corrupted. And when I wanted to install windows 10, after selecting the media the error is showing like:- efi\boot\bootx64.efi' 14 file not found.. kindly help...
  6. UEFI Can't locate /efi/boot/BootX64.efi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UEFI Can't locate /efi/boot/BootX64.efi: Hi everyone, Thanks for helping...I try to install a new PC HP Pro Tower 290 G9 - RAM 8 GB with Windows 10 64 bit... I created with Rufus from ISO file a bootable USB GPT - UEFI - NTFS 4096 bytes as Cluster size.Rufus created 2 partitions : one with 4.3 GB of folders and...
  7. UEFI Can't locate /efi/boot/BootX64.efi

UEFI Can't locate /efi/boot/BootX64.efi: Hi everyone, Thanks for helping...I try to install a new PC HP Pro Tower 290 G9 - RAM 8 GB with Windows 10 64 bit... I created with Rufus from ISO file a bootable USB GPT - UEFI - NTFS 4096 bytes as Cluster size.Rufus created 2 partitions : one with 4.3 GB of folders and...
  8. Could not locate efi boot bootx64.efi error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Could not locate efi boot bootx64.efi error: Hi there, I have installed windows 10 pro on a ssd nvme m.2 and I have used it for few weeks without any problemit is a win to go with an adapter for USB. After an windows update I got this error: ,,could not locate efi boot bootx64.efi'' and cannot use it anymore. I want to...
  9. Could not locate efi boot bootx64.efi error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Could not locate efi boot bootx64.efi error: Hi there, I have installed windows 10 pro on a ssd nvme m.2 and I have used it for few weeks without any problemit is a win to go with an adapter for USB. After an windows update I got this error: ,,could not locate efi boot bootx64.efi'' and cannot use it anymore. I want to...
  10. Could not locate efi boot bootx64.efi error