Windows 10: UEFI long been detecting an old ghost installation of Windows 10, major update now failing....

Discus and support UEFI long been detecting an old ghost installation of Windows 10, major update now failing.... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Blitz the OS drive with a clean installation, then some kind of EFI/MBR repair to match it? submitted by /u/ChunkyLaFunga [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ChunkyLaFunga, Feb 18, 2021.

1. UEFI long been detecting an old ghost installation of Windows 10, major update now failing....

Blitz the OS drive with a clean installation, then some kind of EFI/MBR repair to match it?

submitted by /u/ChunkyLaFunga
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ChunkyLaFunga, Feb 18, 2021
  2. jds21 Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Feb 18, 2021
  3. FX-GMC Win User
    Trouble installing windows 7 on RAID in UEFI

I think you were on track with your first try. Windows installer probably needs the RAID driver in order to detect it on install.

UEFI long been detecting an old ghost installation of Windows 10, major update now failing.... [​IMG]

FX-GMC, Feb 18, 2021
  4. UEFI long been detecting an old ghost installation of Windows 10, major update now failing....

Trouble installing windows 7 on RAID in UEFI

As the title says, I'm trying to install Windows on a RAID array in uefi on my Maximus V Formula. When using legacy ROM I can install just fine but I go into CSM and change settings to UEFI only, I can build the array in the UEFI Raid driver (IRST tab in "BIOS") but the array does not show up in the boot menu and when I try to install windows (boot from UEFI DVD drive), The drive does not show up in the Windows install. The next thing I tried was to enable UEFI and legacy oprom in CSM, boot from UEFI DVD drive and install to the RAID array (probably detected by legacy oprom) and it will install. After first reboot, Windows Boot manager will show up as an option in the BIOS boot menu so I set that as first boot device and reboot. I will get to the starting windows screen and then BSOD (too quick to get codes) The last thing I tried was Changing to legacy mode and installing windows to a different drive. once installed, I initialized the Raid array as GPT and rebooted, changed csm back to UEFI only but they RAID array still doesn't show in the boot device list so I repeated the earlier process hoping that It might work because I had initialized as GPT but it still BSODs on starting windows screen. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

mystiksinner, Feb 18, 2021
Thema:

UEFI long been detecting an old ghost installation of Windows 10, major update now failing....

1. UEFI long been detecting an old ghost installation of Windows 10, major update now failing.... - Similar Threads - UEFI long been

2. Windows fails to detect UEFI BIOS, assumes Legacy instead

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows fails to detect UEFI BIOS, assumes Legacy instead: Hi, Due to some string of events, my computer has quick boot enabled in BIOS. I need to load UEFI to change some things, and am unable to because this setting is enabled. I assumed there was a way to reboot into UEFI from inside Windows 10, so I looked up how and found the...
  3. Windows 10 Updates failing/taking a long time to download and install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Updates failing/taking a long time to download and install: So I recently reset my PC via the Recovery tab in Settings. I did this to skirt the Upgrade Repair feature since it was not working, and Resetting seemed to be faster than performing a Clean Install of Win10. As far as I can tell, the reset fixed my initial issues with...
  4. Latest Spydish can now prevent the installation of major Windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 News
    Latest Spydish can now prevent the installation of major Windows 10 updates: The latest version of the Windows application Spydish introduces support for preventing Windows Update to offer and install new feature updates on the device. Spydish is a relatively new program for Windows 10 by the maker of the deprecated program Debloatnet. It provides...
  5. Any major Windows update fails

Any major Windows update fails: I bought an ASUS Zenbook 3 years ago at a Microsoft Store. So far any major Windows 10 update (1511, 1607 and now 1803) failed. Twice I re-installed Windows 10 to get the latest update, but I'm sick of it now. The update is trying to install and keeps failing over and over. I...
  6. Failing to install Windows 10 in UEFI boot mode

Failing to install Windows 10 in UEFI boot mode: Hi I’ve been reading articles in this community and others the last couple of days and I’m getting more and more confused. I have made my first build with the following equipment: Asus Prime Z370-P (Bios version 1002x64, firmware 11.8.50.3470) Intel Core i5 8400 2,8GHz...
  7. Windows 10 a major FAIL

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 a major FAIL: Now they have removed Homegroup... Windows 10 has become a major fail in my opinion. Printer drivers don't work, can't set up your network, have to share individual files only. Edge is a mess.. Every time they do an update, something else is removed, and it doesn't work. I...
  8. Windows 10 a major FAIL

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 a major FAIL: Now they have removed Homegroup... Windows 10 has become a major fail in my opinion. Printer drivers don't work, can't set up your network, have to share individual files only. Edge is a mess.. Every time they do an update, something else is removed, and it doesn't work. I...
  9. Windows 10 Major Updates: How long will it be free?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Major Updates: How long will it be free?: Hi, New to Windows 10, migrated from Windows XP. How long long will the major updates (Anniversary, Creator, Fall Creator, ...) be free? Will Microsoft begin charging for them at some point? Thanks 89134
  10. Windows 10 upgrade major fail

Windows 10 upgrade major fail: My system is repeatedly trying to download W10 and fails every time. I must have 20 or more failed attempts in Windows Update since midnight the 28th of July. Today I tried every path to achieve successful download I can see in this forum, yes every single recommendation and...