Windows 10: UEFI not set and is it worth losing 10 pro to update to Windows 11

Discus and support UEFI not set and is it worth losing 10 pro to update to Windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a dilemma of a couple of things when it comes to settings in my PC. It can get the update for windows 11 if I set the UEFI in the bios but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by IsmaelSanchez4, Apr 12, 2022.

1. UEFI not set and is it worth losing 10 pro to update to Windows 11

I have a dilemma of a couple of things when it comes to settings in my PC. It can get the update for windows 11 if I set the UEFI in the bios but it has been off and don't know if I should change those setting since I never change it in the first place. It was the default settings on the mobo since I bought it. Second is the fact the OS I am running is windows pro and getting the update will I lose the pro version and have it replaced by standard edition. If so then obviously I wont bother because in essence it is a downgrade in OS. I would like to know what is the pros and cons of changing th

:)

IsmaelSanchez4, Apr 12, 2022
  2. MrGenius Win User

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

Defer feature updates in Windows 10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Apr 12, 2022
  3. btarunr Win User
    UEFI Forum Releases UEFI 2.3.1 Specification Update

The UEFI Forum has ratified an update to the UEFI 2.3.1 Specification that adds important firmware considerations and addresses numerous engineering change requests. The updated Specification will be referred to as “UEFI 2.3.1C”.
    • UEFI 2.3.1C adds: An OS Indications Variable - OS/FW feature & capability communication – when implemented, allows end-users to make an OS menu request to enter BIOS setup after next reboot.
    • UEFI 2.3.1C adds: A mechanism which, when implemented, facilitates Open Source Operating System installations and OS- agnostic end-user configurations of retaining the factory default keys while in Setup Mode (see Specification for full technical detail of Setup Mode).
    • UEFI 2.3.1C removes: Runtime driver requirement on Network UNDI drivers - this allows UNDI drivers to be delivered in EFI Byte Code (EBC) Virtual Machine format supporting systems based on different processor architectures.
    Complete details on UEFI 2.3.1C are available here.

The UEFI Forum’s UTWG (UEFI Test Working Group) is currently working on updating the SCT (Self-Certification Tests) to align with the latest spec changes. Please see www.uefi.org for more updates.

UEFI Summer Summit Interoperability & Education Event:
    Specification Update Benefits Windows 8 & Open Source OS Implementations Microsoft to Host UEFI Summer Summit, July 16-20, 2012 in Redmond, WA

The UEFI Testing Work Group (UTWG) and the UEFI Industry Communications Work Group (ICWG) from the Unified EFI (UEFI) Forum invite you to register for the upcoming UEFI Summer Summit: An Interoperability and Education Workshop being held this July at the Microsoft Campus in Redmond, WA.
    • Hosted by Microsoft, the event is sponsored by AMD, AMI, HP, Insyde, Intel, Microsoft & Phoenix.
    • Online registration for the UEFI Summer Summit can be found at here and here. Please note registration is scheduled to close on July 9th.
    The organizers specifically wish to encourage add-in card vendors to attend the Summit. This is the last planned Forum-sponsored opportunity to test Secure Boot functionality and the interoperability of cards with UEFI-compliant systems for 2012. With the serious industry interest in Secure Boot functionality, this Summit is an excellent opportunity to test interoperability, as well as discuss the technology with other industry members.

btarunr, Apr 12, 2022
  4. Drone Win User

UEFI not set and is it worth losing 10 pro to update to Windows 11

windows 10 worth the upgrade?

Cumulative update for W10: September 8, 2015

This is the biggest update W10 ever had. Lol look at the file list.
    This is pretty good for those who installed Windows 10 today. Just one update that has everything, no need to install previous updates.

Drone, Apr 12, 2022
Thema:

UEFI not set and is it worth losing 10 pro to update to Windows 11

1. UEFI not set and is it worth losing 10 pro to update to Windows 11 - Similar Threads - UEFI set worth

2. With the 2022 Update, Windows 11 Is Finally Worth an Upgrade

in Windows 10 News
    With the 2022 Update, Windows 11 Is Finally Worth an Upgrade: Microsoft will finally make the Windows 11 update available to anyone running Windows 10 with a version that's 2004 or later. The new operating system is called Sun Valley and is designed to be compatible with the previous versions of Windows 10. If you're not sure if you...
  3. Is it worth upgrading to Windows 11 from Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it worth upgrading to Windows 11 from Windows 10?: I am still thinking whether to upgrade because I have used Windows 10 for years and I have gotten used to it so I don't feel like upgrading to Windows 11 yet. Also, Microsoft will still support Windows 10 until 14th October 2025. What are your thoughts?...
  4. UEFI not set and is it worth losing 10 pro to update to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UEFI not set and is it worth losing 10 pro to update to Windows 11: I have a dilemma of a couple of things when it comes to settings in my PC. It can get the update for windows 11 if I set the UEFI in the bios but it has been off and don't know if I should change those setting since I never change it in the first place. It was the default...
  5. UEFI not set and is it worth losing 10 pro to update to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Customization
    UEFI not set and is it worth losing 10 pro to update to Windows 11: I have a dilemma of a couple of things when it comes to settings in my PC. It can get the update for windows 11 if I set the UEFI in the bios but it has been off and don't know if I should change those setting since I never change it in the first place. It was the default...
  6. is windows 11 even worth it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is windows 11 even worth it?: I've been a windows 10 user for... most of my life really it is familiar I know what's going on I know where to look for things. is it even worth upgrading to windows 11 because of how much was added or should I give up familiarity and the potential of games not working/files...
  7. is windows 11 even worth it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is windows 11 even worth it?: I've been a windows 10 user for... most of my life really it is familiar I know what's going on I know where to look for things. is it even worth upgrading to windows 11 because of how much was added or should I give up familiarity and the potential of games not working/files...
  8. Worth updating to Windows 10 version 1809?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Worth updating to Windows 10 version 1809?: Hi. I would like to know if it is worth updating to Windows 10 version (vers.) 1809. I have that version on a Windows Surface Pro (no issue found). I'm also currently under Windows 10 vers. 1803 (fully updated) on a laptop. With all the problems I hear about that version...
  9. Windows 10 Pro - Is the upgrade worth the $100????

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro - Is the upgrade worth the $100????: My laptop which started as Win7 and I upgraded to win10 and then Win10 Pro died. I just bought a new laptop which came with Win10 Home. Is it worth the $100 to upgrade to Pro? Is BitLocker worth it?...
  10. Is It Worth Reinstalling 10 Pro On This Laptop?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is It Worth Reinstalling 10 Pro On This Laptop?: I have a 2013 Toshiba Satellite S50 (specs below) that I only use for traveling (3-4 months/year.) Originally a Win 7 Pro, it was upgraded to 10 Pro. It's painfully sluggish but before I shell out $$$ for a new laptop I'd like to ask if reinstalling or formatting and...