Windows 10: UEFI password?

Discus and support UEFI password? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; so recently I've sat a supervisor password for the UEFI and when I try to launch UEFI again. It asks for the password and i entered the supervisor... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Hong Kong reporter, Jan 23, 2021.

1. UEFI password?

so recently I've sat a supervisor password for the UEFI and when I try to launch UEFI again. It asks for the password and i entered the supervisor password. But it results in "invalid password" I'm pretty sure that I was typing the correct one anyway suggestions on solving this?

:)

Hong Kong reporter, Jan 23, 2021
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jan 23, 2021
  3. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Jan 23, 2021
  4. UEFI password?

OK, Password problem...Mint

Linux Mint - Community
    You can reset your password following the next steps:

• Reboot your computer / Turn your computer on.
    • Hold down the Shift key at the start of the boot process to enable the GNU GRUB boot menu (if it does not show)
    • Press ESC at the GNU GRUB prompt.
    • Press e for edit.
    • Use the Arrow keys to highlight the line that begins with kernel and press the e key.
    • Go to the very end of the line and add rw init=/bin/bash
    • Press Enter and then press b to boot your system.
    • Your system will boot up to a passwordless root shell.
    • Type in passwd yourusername
    • Set your new password.
    • Restart your system.

ChevyOwner, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

UEFI password?

1. UEFI password? - Similar Threads - UEFI password

2. Can not type type password at UEFI log in page. Can not type when laptop boots.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can not type type password at UEFI log in page. Can not type when laptop boots.: 1 My Dell laptop keyboard is blocked when it starts up Windows 10 which was upgraded from Windows 8. I sign in to my laptop using Ease of Access function by using on-screen keyboard to type password. It is annoying ; but what to do . 2 I went to the Advanced startup to access...
  3. Is there a way to reset the System Password to access UEFI Firmware Settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to reset the System Password to access UEFI Firmware Settings?: I am on a Legion 5-15IMH05H Lenovo - Type 81Y6 laptop with Windows 11. I installed Valorant because a few of my friends play it and Riot Vanguard tells me that Vanguard requires a secure boot to play. I press the windows key and searched msinfo32 to check my BIOS mode and...
  4. Is there a way to reset the System Password to access UEFI Firmware Settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to reset the System Password to access UEFI Firmware Settings?: I am on a Legion 5-15IMH05H Lenovo - Type 81Y6 laptop with Windows 11. I installed Valorant because a few of my friends play it and Riot Vanguard tells me that Vanguard requires a secure boot to play. I press the windows key and searched msinfo32 to check my BIOS mode and...
  5. UEFI Surface Go Password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    UEFI Surface Go Password: Hello! My Surface got OS error code 0xc0000034. It is impossible to recover from a flash drive, it asks for a UEFI password. How can you restore the device to work?...
  6. How to disable user password in UEFI?

How to disable user password in UEFI?: I turned on user password and administrator password in UEFIvivobook x412ua, bios - 305 The administrator password is ok, but user password is very irritating. Every time I turn on my PC, it asks for password before loading the OS. I want to remove it but there is no option...
  7. Is that scam to buy Bios passwords UEFI Windows?

Is that scam to buy Bios passwords UEFI Windows?: There's a site that sells Bios passwords. I really need it because I have deleted Windows 10. When I tried to install it, I saw that there is a password for Bios. That means to boot from USB you have to enter the password! Should I trust the site? Nine dollars. Or...
  8. Locked in Safe Mode UEFI m.2 with no password to exit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Locked in Safe Mode UEFI m.2 with no password to exit: Windows 10 Pro 64bit on a UEFI volume formatted NVME m.2. Used msconfig to enter safe mode with networking to test some devices. Safe Mode requests password, but I only have MS password and PIN for PC. I was never asked for a local password and recently read that in 2019...
  9. How to recover or set a BIOS or UEFI Password for Windows computers

in Windows 10 News
    How to recover or set a BIOS or UEFI Password for Windows computers: [ATTACH] If you have used Windows for a long time, I am sure you are aware of BIOS or UEFI password. This password lock makes sure that you need to enter the set password even before the Windows computer boots up. [...] This post How to recover or set a BIOS or UEFI Password...
  10. UEFI Admin Password needed if BitLocker is enabled?

UEFI Admin Password needed if BitLocker is enabled?: Just a quick question. I have enabled BitLocker with TPM-Only protector and was just wondering if I need to set an Admin BIOS/UEFI password to prevent someone from changing the UEFI settings. I also have Secure Boot enabled as well along with the following BitLocker...