Windows 10: UEFI Query.

Discus and support UEFI Query. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Dell Vostro 470, but this is really a firmware query rather than a hardware one. I sometimes use a USB drive to boot from when I need to do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bendipa, Jun 20, 2020.

1. bendipa Win User

UEFI Query.

I have a Dell Vostro 470, but this is really a firmware query rather than a hardware one.

I sometimes use a USB drive to boot from when I need to do some system repairs. This drive has 2 partitions, one for Windows 10 installation, and the other for Linux Mint. The drive is formatted to GPT, with each partition formatted to FAT32. When I boot up to this drive tapping the F12 key both partitions show in the UEFI menu.

The problem is they both have an identical name, ie the name of the model and the manufacturer of the drive itself, Sandisk Cruzer Force 1.27. Both choices work correctly when selected despite sharing the same name. Here is a screenshot .

What I'd like to know is if there is a way of renaming these menu choices so they are easily distinguished?

:)

bendipa, Jun 20, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 20, 2020
  3. Does my PC support UEFI?

Hi Shawn,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

I would require some more information to help you better.

• What is the make & model of the computer?

I would suggest you refer suggestions provided by the Andre de costa.

Windows 10 will require UEFI?

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jun 20, 2020
  4. dark2099 Win User

UEFI Query.

AsRock Z77 Pro3 - AHCI? UEFI?

UEFI is a new standard of bios design, so that would probably be what the BIOS has listed as the first boot option, where ACHI is a mode that SATA controllers run, and that is probably listing drives by order of first to last by port order. Not sure why it would list that way (if my guess is right as to how/why it is listing the drives).

dark2099, Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

UEFI Query.

1. UEFI Query. - Similar Threads - UEFI Query

2. converting disks to GPT from MBR to go from Legacy to UEFI. MBR2GPT does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    converting disks to GPT from MBR to go from Legacy to UEFI. MBR2GPT does not work: HiIm trying to convert my boot disk to GPT so I could boot to UEFI rather than legacy mode.I try to go GPT but it says this on CMD:I tried to follow another guy with the same problem adding 200mb of free memory:But still it didnt work.What do I do?...
  3. converting disks to GPT from MBR to go from Legacy to UEFI. MBR2GPT does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    converting disks to GPT from MBR to go from Legacy to UEFI. MBR2GPT does not work: HiIm trying to convert my boot disk to GPT so I could boot to UEFI rather than legacy mode.I try to go GPT but it says this on CMD:I tried to follow another guy with the same problem adding 200mb of free memory:But still it didnt work.What do I do?...
  4. converting disks to GPT from MBR to go from Legacy to UEFI. MBR2GPT does not work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Is Bitlocker lock UEFI ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Bitlocker lock UEFI ?: I recently purchased a new Asus laptop and subsequently upgraded its operating system from Home to Pro. During this process, I discovered that Bitlocker encryption was activated. After disabling Bitlocker, I encountered an unexpected issue with the UEFI password being locked,...
  6. Is Bitlocker lock UEFI ?

Is Bitlocker lock UEFI ?: I recently purchased a new Asus laptop and subsequently upgraded its operating system from Home to Pro. During this process, I discovered that Bitlocker encryption was activated. After disabling Bitlocker, I encountered an unexpected issue with the UEFI password being locked,...
  7. My pc will not boot into windows after i change from CSM to UEFI.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc will not boot into windows after i change from CSM to UEFI.: It doesnt boot. My old post just disapered https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-will-not-boot-into-windows-after-i-change/0c6f65de-d9db-4e32-9537-1175475c3720
  8. My pc will not boot into windows after i change from CSM to UEFI.

My pc will not boot into windows after i change from CSM to UEFI.: It doesnt boot. My old post just disapered https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-will-not-boot-into-windows-after-i-change/0c6f65de-d9db-4e32-9537-1175475c3720
  9. My pc will not boot into windows after i change from CSM to UEFI.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. My pc will not boot into windows after i change from CSM to UEFI.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My pc will not boot into windows after i change from CSM to UEFI.: My pc will not boot into windows after i change from CSM to UEFI. It boots into the bios which i recently updated and will not change untill i change back to CSM. I have a AMD motherbboard i think....