Windows 10: UEFI + Secure Boot not logging into W10 (dual-boot)

Discus and support UEFI + Secure Boot not logging into W10 (dual-boot) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hei, So I'm the guy who tried to move from Legacy to UEFI some days ago. I managed to move both Ubuntu and W10 to UEFI. More info on both of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by doriandiaconu, Dec 13, 2016.

1. UEFI + Secure Boot not logging into W10 (dual-boot)

doriandiaconu, Dec 13, 2016

2. Windows 10 cant install updates KB3163018 and KB3167685 (on an Alienware laptop) (please help me)

How do you set up a secure boot and a dual boot with Linux in an BIOS environment rather than a UEFI one?

vernamccullough, Dec 13, 2016
  3. JerryWE Win User
    secure boot

Sassejan if you are concerned about dual booting with Linux the newer Linux distros have been made to work with UEFI. There are videos and web sites that explain how to either turn off the UEFI in bios or how to get the Linux distro to install and dual
    boot with UEFI.

JerryWE, Dec 13, 2016
  4. UEFI + Secure Boot not logging into W10 (dual-boot)

doriandiaconu, Dec 13, 2016
  5. spunk Win User
    You cannot run the Bootrec commands from the X:\Sources temporary drive. These commands need to be run from the Drive letter the OS is on. Remember, in the RE(Recovery Environment) the OS drive may not be C:

At command prompt (x: sources) type this exactly as written:
    bcdedit |find “osdevice” (Must inc and the |), the | before Find is the Upper case \ key) press enter. This will tell you what drive letter the OS is on.It may not be on the C: drive.
    Now use the returned as the drive letter for OS, for this example, assume C: or whatever drive letter is the os device.
    Or, you can type C: and press enter, then type DIR and press enter. If there is a Windows directory under that drive letter, then that is the OS device. Or D: etc Type that drive letter once you know, followed by the Bootrec command.

spunk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

UEFI + Secure Boot not logging into W10 (dual-boot)

1. UEFI + Secure Boot not logging into W10 (dual-boot) - Similar Threads - UEFI Secure Boot

2. Secure Boot Enabling W10 UEFI; for W11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Secure Boot Enabling W10 UEFI; for W11: Please help me.I using W10 on UEFI/GPT. But SecureBootState is Off.What have i done: 1 in ASUS UEFI i selected Windows UEFI Mode instead of Other OS and broke boot process - Windows Boot Manager invoked repair procedure.2 I turned off driver signature enforcement F7 keyword...
  3. UEFI Secure boot

UEFI Secure boot: hi guys...pls help meif i need windows 11 then it tells me to enable secure boot....but if i go to my BIOS and enable my secure boot it should show my desktop....but it is showing something to setup........
  4. Dual booting from UEFI system

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual booting from UEFI system: I just purchased a new pc that comes with windows 10 home and uses UEFI for booting. I have a disk image of windows 7 from my old pc which used BIOS. I want to restore that image to a GPT disk partition and then setup a dual boot. Is this possible? How do I go about setting...
  5. W10 Dual Boot problem

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 Dual Boot problem: I have a Dell Model 9020 Small Form computer that I am working on for a friend. First I have been Duel Booting Windows & Ubuntu for years on different computers and have never run into this problem. The Dell 9020 has W10 Pro on it & it opens fine. When I install Ubuntu...
  6. XP dual boot with W10

XP dual boot with W10: Have read a shed-load of info on here about dual booting XP and W10...just need to clarify a few bits! I need to retain XP due to a hardware/software issue where the hardware will only run with XP... In preparation I have partitioned my HDD to C:\ 78GB (XP) and the...
  7. XP dual boot with W10

in Windows 10 Support
    XP dual boot with W10: Have read a shed-load of info on here about dual booting XP and W10...just need to clarify a few bits! I need to retain XP due to a hardware/software issue where the hardware will only run with XP... In preparation I have partitioned my HDD to C:\ 78GB (XP) and the...
  8. UEFI with secure boot disabled

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UEFI with secure boot disabled: I ran a Belarc analysis and it showed a notification that the " UEFI with secure boot is disabled ".Is this a default setting or does it need to be enabled?I looked at the boot settings but was unable to figure out how to resolve this issue.I am not one who likes to guess at...
  9. Dual boot w7 + w10

Dual boot w7 + w10: You are welcome. Glad we could help. Hi guys! Please help! So I have 2 ssd drive. Each of it has a working operating system (w7, w10). How to make the w10 dual boot menu? You had written, that we have to use the bcdboot command... From which operating system? I like...
  10. UEFI with Secure Boot (UEFI version) ?

in Windows 10 Support
    UEFI with Secure Boot (UEFI version) ?: I want to enable UEFI with Secure Boot and I do have an option to enable Secure Boot. But how can I tell if I am running UEFI firmware version 2.3.1.c ? Because to enable Secure Boot, machines must have UEFI firmware version 2.3.1.c I went to System Information, but It...