Windows 10: UEFI Secure boot

Discus and support UEFI Secure boot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hi guys...pls help meif i need windows 11 then it tells me to enable secure boot....but if i go to my BIOS and enable my secure boot it should show my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TharunBalaji, Jun 30, 2021.

1. UEFI Secure boot

hi guys...pls help meif i need windows 11 then it tells me to enable secure boot....but if i go to my BIOS and enable my secure boot it should show my desktop....but it is showing something to setup.....

:)

TharunBalaji, Jun 30, 2021

2. Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

So Linux is switching to secure boot also? Or they have to because of UEFI?

Damn_Smooth, Jun 30, 2021
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, Jun 30, 2021
  4. UEFI Secure boot

Can't disable secure boot in bios/uefi

Can you attempt the suggested steps in the following article?

https://www.qualityology.com/tech/disable-asus-...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Andre for Directly, Jun 30, 2021
Thema:

UEFI Secure boot

1. UEFI Secure boot - Similar Threads - UEFI Secure boot

2. Secure boot state off, but Secure boot is on in UEFI settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secure boot state off, but Secure boot is on in UEFI settings: Hello, I have been trying to play Valorant, but every time I launch the game I get an error stating that TPM and secure boot need to be enabled. To start, I have an Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55-52KW running windows 11 The UEFI/BIOS I have is Insydeh20 setup utility version 2.06 I...
  3. Secure boot state off, but Secure boot is on in UEFI settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Secure boot state off, but Secure boot is on in UEFI settings: Hello, I have been trying to play Valorant, but every time I launch the game I get an error stating that TPM and secure boot need to be enabled. To start, I have an Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55-52KW running windows 11 The UEFI/BIOS I have is Insydeh20 setup utility version 2.06 I...
  4. UEFI Secure Boot on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    UEFI Secure Boot on Windows 10: Hi, does protecting Windows 10 boot process from know attacks is by simply enabling Secure Boot option in UEFI settings in contrast to the long procedure to follow in GNU/Linux distributions to enable that security feature ? Thanks. submitted by /u/Spare_Prize1148 [link]...
  5. UEFI Secure Boot questions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UEFI Secure Boot questions: My laptop has Windows 10 with Secure Boot enabled in my UEFI firmware setting and my question is, can Secure Boot still protect booting from a malicious OS or tool (from a bootable USB stick) even when using the F12 Boot Menu Options prompt? I have a Dell laptop, which uses...
  6. Secure Boot and UEFI Firmware updates?

Secure Boot and UEFI Firmware updates?: Quick question. I have Secure Boot enabled, but would it cause any issues in case I need to update the UEFI firmware? So do I need to disabled Secure Boot before updating the firmware? Thx! 103955
  7. UEFI with secure boot disabled

UEFI with secure boot disabled: I ran a Belarc analysis and it showed a notification that the " UEFI with secure boot is disabled ".Is this a default setting or does it need to be enabled?I looked at the boot settings but was unable to figure out how to resolve this issue.I am not one who likes to guess at...
  8. UEFI with Secure Boot (UEFI version) ?

in Windows 10 Support
    UEFI with Secure Boot (UEFI version) ?: I want to enable UEFI with Secure Boot and I do have an option to enable Secure Boot. But how can I tell if I am running UEFI firmware version 2.3.1.c ? Because to enable Secure Boot, machines must have UEFI firmware version 2.3.1.c I went to System Information, but It...
  9. UEFI Installation With Secure boot enabled

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    UEFI Installation With Secure boot enabled: Hello tech guys, i need emergency help, i posting this thread from my frined's computer, i have a HP laptop, and few days ago i send it to tech shop for motherboard repair, and they did it as well, but after few days i am facing problem with BIOS, i cant change bios...
  10. Boot mode uefi with secure boot disable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot mode uefi with secure boot disable: Ok im about to upgrade to win 10 then do a clean install afterwards of win 10, but i wanted to assure i have everything correct before i start. I updated again my profile with Belarc to assure i have a completed list of my software, i notice this Boot mode uefi with secure...