Windows 10: UEFI Virtualization in Windows 10.

Discus and support UEFI Virtualization in Windows 10. in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; My issue is that, for some reason, my wireless mouse and onscreen cursor stopped working when Virtualization is enabled in UEFI Settings. I received an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by cmickler, Mar 13, 2018.

1. cmickler Win User

UEFI Virtualization in Windows 10.

My issue is that, for some reason, my wireless mouse and onscreen cursor stopped working when Virtualization is enabled in UEFI Settings. I received an update from Intel for the CPU and Video Processor for my Dell Inspirion 15-3552 and after the update, which I can't seem to locate to remove, the wireless mouse and onscreen cursor are disabled once I log in from the start up lock screen. I discovered that disabling Virtualization in UEFI allowed the mouse and cursor to function normally but that also seems to slow down my computer operation. I'm on Windows 10 Insider build 17618 presently but the problem started in the previous Skip Ahead build but not directly after the Windows update but after the Intel update. I've checked with Intel, Dell and Microsoft but so far no one seems to know why this should be happening. I also researched the issue online but can't find any useful answers there either.

:)

cmickler, Mar 13, 2018
  2. Entegy Win User

In Windows 10(x64), how do you get to the Bios to change status of Virtualization Technology?

Virtualization is used for Hyper-V, VMware or VirtualBox. Things to use virtual machines. An antivirus has nothing to do with virtualization.

If your laptop came with Windows 8 or Windows 10, then it's using UEFI to boot. So on those computers, you open the Settings app>Update & Security>Recovery>Restart, then finally choose "UEFI settings". Your device will reboot automatically into settings
    where you can turn things like virtualization on or off.

Entegy, Mar 13, 2018
  3. Turning on Virtualization in Windows 10 Home

Virtualization cannot be enabled from within Windows 10 Home. You need to do that from within the UEFI firmware. See instructions how to load your UEFI firmware settings:

BIOS/UEFI Setup Guide: Boot from a CD, DVD, USB Drive or SD Card

Look through the security settings of your BIOS then enable virtualization.

UEFI Virtualization in Windows 10. [​IMG]

Andre Da Costa, Mar 13, 2018
  4. Rocky Win User

Are your devices trully wireless or are they BT? That makes a huge difference.

Rocky, Mar 15, 2018
  5. cmickler Win User
    The mouse is on a 2.4 Ghz USB receiver transmitter. It was manufactured by Gearhead, Model MPT3200RED. The mouse worked fine with Virtualization enabled up till about 3 weeks ago when I installed an update from Intel regarding a possible virus incursion related to Intel processors. When I checked yesterday for the presence of that update using an Intel webpage tool specifically for that purpose it said the update was not present on my computer. That update was the only change made to my computer during that time period. I can find no instances in the programs I can access myself of any installed Intel update relating to the main processor or the video processor. I suspected that update as it had to do with the internal security protocols of the processor chips. It was several days after the previous Windows Insider update to the one I'm presently on when the update from Intel showed up and was supposedly installed. When I restarted my computer after the Intel update then the mouse and cursor problem appeared.

cmickler, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. UEFI Virtualization in Windows 10. - Similar Threads - UEFI Virtualization

2. When I change the boot mode in BIOS from legacy to UEFI, My SSD option is not showing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I change the boot mode in BIOS from legacy to UEFI, My SSD option is not showing...: Hi, my name is Nitish. I have a Lenovo IdeaPad S145-15IKB laptop and recently tried to play Valorant on it. I received an error message that said I needed to enable secure boot. After doing some research on YouTube, I found out that I could fix the problem by changing the...
  3. When I change the boot mode in BIOS from legacy to UEFI, My SSD option is not showing...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I change the boot mode in BIOS from legacy to UEFI, My SSD option is not showing...: Hi, my name is Nitish. I have a Lenovo IdeaPad S145-15IKB laptop and recently tried to play Valorant on it. I received an error message that said I needed to enable secure boot. After doing some research on YouTube, I found out that I could fix the problem by changing the...
  4. SSD Doesn't Show when i change boot mode from legacy to UEFI.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD Doesn't Show when i change boot mode from legacy to UEFI.: Hello, My name is Nitish My laptop name is Lenovo IdeaPad S145-15IKB I had recently downloaded Valorant in my laptop and started to play it there was an error it's so that in this version you need to enable secure boot then I Searched the fix in YouTube.In YouTube, they said...
  5. SSD Doesn't Show when i change boot mode from legacy to UEFI.

SSD Doesn't Show when i change boot mode from legacy to UEFI.: Hello, My name is Nitish My laptop name is Lenovo IdeaPad S145-15IKB I had recently downloaded Valorant in my laptop and started to play it there was an error it's so that in this version you need to enable secure boot then I Searched the fix in YouTube.In YouTube, they said...
  6. My laptop boots to Bios Legacy yet it displays boot mode as UEFI .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop boots to Bios Legacy yet it displays boot mode as UEFI .: My disk is also on GPT yet when i restart my pc and press f10 ,its still on legacy .How can i fix this please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-boots-to-bios-legacy-yet-it-displays/b463731a-c56a-492b-baa8-0f630dc2420a
  7. My laptop boots to Bios Legacy yet it displays boot mode as UEFI .

My laptop boots to Bios Legacy yet it displays boot mode as UEFI .: My disk is also on GPT yet when i restart my pc and press f10 ,its still on legacy .How can i fix this please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-boots-to-bios-legacy-yet-it-displays/b463731a-c56a-492b-baa8-0f630dc2420a
  8. How to access UEFI on Legacy BIOS??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to access UEFI on Legacy BIOS??: Hi, I recently bought a PC, Windows 10, and have been trying to convert my BIOS from MBR Legacy to UEFI. I have entered BIOS multiple times and did Troubleshoot>Advanced Settings but can only see start-up settings as an option. No UEFI firmware settings, or anything other...
  9. How to access UEFI on Legacy BIOS??

How to access UEFI on Legacy BIOS??: Hi, I recently bought a PC, Windows 10, and have been trying to convert my BIOS from MBR Legacy to UEFI. I have entered BIOS multiple times and did Troubleshoot>Advanced Settings but can only see start-up settings as an option. No UEFI firmware settings, or anything other...
  10. virtualization is enabled in bios/uefi but not in windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    virtualization is enabled in bios/uefi but not in windows: Hi I'm trying to use the new WSL2 in windows 10 update 2004. Unfortunately I cannot install any linux distro or hyper-v because windows thinks my cpu does not support virtualization. Intel virtualization is enabled in bios/uefi. system specs: x299 board with intel...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. best viritualization uefi

2. windows 10 uefi virtualization

3. windows 10 and 64 bit and legacy and bios and uefi and amt and mbr and virtualization

4. uefi virtualization,
  5. windows 10 assisted virtualization technology uefi