Windows 10: UEFI: Windows Boot Manager

Discus and support UEFI: Windows Boot Manager in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello guys first-timer here. I was wondering if I messed up something in my computer. Sorry for a bit lengthy post. What happened was, a few days ago... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gazelle, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Gazelle Win User

UEFI: Windows Boot Manager

Hello guys first-timer here. I was wondering if I messed up something in my computer. Sorry for a bit lengthy post.

What happened was, a few days ago I changed my power supply into a new one and decided to clean case along the way. I had disconnected everything and reconnected once I'm done with my cleaning. I booted it up and was surprised that after the motherboard manufacturer icon, I was greeted with a blinking underscore in a black screen. Seeing this I went and checked my BIOS setting and saw that the boot priority is 1. HDD 2. CD Drive and at the end of the list is UEFI: Windows Boot Manager. I tried it again and it still went to the blinking icon screen.

I then changed it to the UEFI: Windows Boot Manager and it went to the usual windows 10 icon screen but now it takes me around 2-4 minutes to reach the login screen. To be honest it's a minor inconvenience on my part waiting 2-5 minutes until the login screen but I was wondering what might have caused it.

Here's my system specs if it helps:

CPU: Intel i7 2600
    Mobo: MSI h61m e23
    PSU: Corsair CX650m
    Ram: GSkill 8gb
    GPU: Asus GTX 1070
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500gb

Thank you for the kind assistance.

:)

Gazelle, Dec 18, 2019

2. Trouble installing windows 7 on RAID in UEFI

As the title says, I'm trying to install Windows on a RAID array in uefi on my Maximus V Formula. When using legacy ROM I can install just fine but I go into CSM and change settings to UEFI only, I can build the array in the UEFI Raid driver (IRST tab in "BIOS") but the array does not show up in the boot menu and when I try to install windows (boot from UEFI DVD drive), The drive does not show up in the Windows install. The next thing I tried was to enable UEFI and legacy oprom in CSM, boot from UEFI DVD drive and install to the RAID array (probably detected by legacy oprom) and it will install. After first reboot, Windows Boot manager will show up as an option in the BIOS boot menu so I set that as first boot device and reboot. I will get to the starting windows screen and then BSOD (too quick to get codes) The last thing I tried was Changing to legacy mode and installing windows to a different drive. once installed, I initialized the Raid array as GPT and rebooted, changed csm back to UEFI only but they RAID array still doesn't show in the boot device list so I repeated the earlier process hoping that It might work because I had initialized as GPT but it still BSODs on starting windows screen. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

mystiksinner, Dec 18, 2019
  3. FX-GMC Win User
    Trouble installing windows 7 on RAID in UEFI

I think you were on track with your first try. Windows installer probably needs the RAID driver in order to detect it on install.

UEFI: Windows Boot Manager [​IMG]

FX-GMC, Dec 18, 2019
  4. UEFI: Windows Boot Manager

UEFI um...wuht?

Then you have to select UEFI: that USB stick to boot the windows installer into UEFI so it can install the UEFI version of Windows. After it is installed, then you'll boot to UEFI: Windows Boot Manager (may or may not have the UEFI bit).

FordGT90Concept, Dec 18, 2019
Thema:

UEFI: Windows Boot Manager

1. UEFI: Windows Boot Manager - Similar Threads - UEFI Boot Manager

2. Windows Will Not Boot UEFI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Will Not Boot UEFI: Windows will not boot URFI. Everywhere it says on search for windows and bios regardless of OS it will boot to bios on firmware init when press the key. Windows is breaking it....
  3. Windows Will Not Boot UEFI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Will Not Boot UEFI: Windows will not boot URFI. Everywhere it says on search for windows and bios regardless of OS it will boot to bios on firmware init when press the key. Windows is breaking it....
  4. Dual Booting 2 Windows Systems Using UEFI Boot Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Booting 2 Windows Systems Using UEFI Boot Manager: I have just bought a new PC which includes 2 identical M2 SSDs. I have done a clean install on the first. I now want to know hiw to clone this to the second M2 and be able to select which system to boot using the UEFI Boot Manager not the Windows one. I want the two systems...
  5. Dual Booting 2 Windows Systems Using UEFI Boot Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual Booting 2 Windows Systems Using UEFI Boot Manager: I have just bought a new PC which includes 2 identical M2 SSDs. I have done a clean install on the first. I now want to know hiw to clone this to the second M2 and be able to select which system to boot using the UEFI Boot Manager not the Windows one. I want the two systems...
  6. Multiple instance of Windows boot manager in UEFI

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple instance of Windows boot manager in UEFI: Hi guys, im quite sure this might be a fairly simple one, but a little scared to change whats active and whats not My system is win 10 pro with GPT drives and only 1 OS. In my UEFI i have 2 windows boot manager pointing to the same phsyical hard drive. Wondering if its...
  7. windows boot manager not showing up in bios/uefi

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows boot manager not showing up in bios/uefi: im guessing since i have windows installed on my sdd i should have windows boot manager show up in my uefi/bios boot options right? it doesnt. i have windows installed on another sdd too and when i put that sdd into my pc and open bios, i have windows boot manager for it, so...
  8. uefi boot and boot manager issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    uefi boot and boot manager issues: i am having issues after imaging windows 10 through UEFI windows boot manager is the first boot device and i need it to include the nic. we image remotely and don't want to have to physically touch the bios every time we image...
  9. UEFI Windows Boot Manager Keeps taking boot priority.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    UEFI Windows Boot Manager Keeps taking boot priority.: I cloned over to an SSD, and now I can't boot right into windows after a new day boot or restart. I've changed the priority in the bios, tinkered in MSConfig, and even ran the CMD prompt bcdedit /set {bootmgr} timeout 0 128703
  10. UEFI or Windows Boot Manager?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    UEFI or Windows Boot Manager?: I apologize in advance if I sound dense, but I'm seeing something in the BIOS that doesn't make sense to me. I have three different SSDs at this time, one each for 7, 10 upgrade, and 10 clean (the last is a slow work in progress). All of the SSDs are GPT* and SATA is set...