Windows 10: UEFI

Discus and support UEFI in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a surface pro 5 and it is continually restarting to the UEFI. I cannot log onto the device. Is there anything I can do to access my device?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LauraChapman1, Jan 24, 2019.

1. UEFI

I have a surface pro 5 and it is continually restarting to the UEFI. I cannot log onto the device. Is there anything I can do to access my device?

:)

LauraChapman1, Jan 24, 2019
  2. dark2099 Win User

AsRock Z77 Pro3 - AHCI? UEFI?

UEFI is a new standard of bios design, so that would probably be what the BIOS has listed as the first boot option, where ACHI is a mode that SATA controllers run, and that is probably listing drives by order of first to last by port order. Not sure why it would list that way (if my guess is right as to how/why it is listing the drives).

dark2099, Oct 11, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    UEFI Forum Releases UEFI 2.3.1 Specification Update

The UEFI Forum has ratified an update to the UEFI 2.3.1 Specification that adds important firmware considerations and addresses numerous engineering change requests. The updated Specification will be referred to as “UEFI 2.3.1C”.
    • UEFI 2.3.1C adds: An OS Indications Variable - OS/FW feature & capability communication – when implemented, allows end-users to make an OS menu request to enter BIOS setup after next reboot.
    • UEFI 2.3.1C adds: A mechanism which, when implemented, facilitates Open Source Operating System installations and OS- agnostic end-user configurations of retaining the factory default keys while in Setup Mode (see Specification for full technical detail of Setup Mode).
    • UEFI 2.3.1C removes: Runtime driver requirement on Network UNDI drivers - this allows UNDI drivers to be delivered in EFI Byte Code (EBC) Virtual Machine format supporting systems based on different processor architectures.
    Complete details on UEFI 2.3.1C are available here.

The UEFI Forum’s UTWG (UEFI Test Working Group) is currently working on updating the SCT (Self-Certification Tests) to align with the latest spec changes. Please see www.uefi.org for more updates.

UEFI Summer Summit Interoperability & Education Event:
    Specification Update Benefits Windows 8 & Open Source OS Implementations Microsoft to Host UEFI Summer Summit, July 16-20, 2012 in Redmond, WA

The UEFI Testing Work Group (UTWG) and the UEFI Industry Communications Work Group (ICWG) from the Unified EFI (UEFI) Forum invite you to register for the upcoming UEFI Summer Summit: An Interoperability and Education Workshop being held this July at the Microsoft Campus in Redmond, WA.
    • Hosted by Microsoft, the event is sponsored by AMD, AMI, HP, Insyde, Intel, Microsoft & Phoenix.
    • Online registration for the UEFI Summer Summit can be found at here and here. Please note registration is scheduled to close on July 9th.
    The organizers specifically wish to encourage add-in card vendors to attend the Summit. This is the last planned Forum-sponsored opportunity to test Secure Boot functionality and the interoperability of cards with UEFI-compliant systems for 2012. With the serious industry interest in Secure Boot functionality, this Summit is an excellent opportunity to test interoperability, as well as discuss the technology with other industry members.

btarunr, Oct 11, 2019
  4. erocker Win User

UEFI

UEFI on 990 Chipsets.

I'm pretty sure Gigabyte and MSI both use UEFI with some of their 990 boards.

I don't know about that. It's a bios with a GUI and mouse support from what I can tell.

erocker, Oct 11, 2019
Thema:

UEFI

1. UEFI - Similar Threads - UEFI

2. converting disks to GPT from MBR to go from Legacy to UEFI. MBR2GPT does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    converting disks to GPT from MBR to go from Legacy to UEFI. MBR2GPT does not work: HiIm trying to convert my boot disk to GPT so I could boot to UEFI rather than legacy mode.I try to go GPT but it says this on CMD:I tried to follow another guy with the same problem adding 200mb of free memory:But still it didnt work.What do I do?...
  3. converting disks to GPT from MBR to go from Legacy to UEFI. MBR2GPT does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    converting disks to GPT from MBR to go from Legacy to UEFI. MBR2GPT does not work: HiIm trying to convert my boot disk to GPT so I could boot to UEFI rather than legacy mode.I try to go GPT but it says this on CMD:I tried to follow another guy with the same problem adding 200mb of free memory:But still it didnt work.What do I do?...
  4. converting disks to GPT from MBR to go from Legacy to UEFI. MBR2GPT does not work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Is Bitlocker lock UEFI ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Bitlocker lock UEFI ?: I recently purchased a new Asus laptop and subsequently upgraded its operating system from Home to Pro. During this process, I discovered that Bitlocker encryption was activated. After disabling Bitlocker, I encountered an unexpected issue with the UEFI password being locked,...
  6. Is Bitlocker lock UEFI ?

Is Bitlocker lock UEFI ?: I recently purchased a new Asus laptop and subsequently upgraded its operating system from Home to Pro. During this process, I discovered that Bitlocker encryption was activated. After disabling Bitlocker, I encountered an unexpected issue with the UEFI password being locked,...
  7. My pc will not boot into windows after i change from CSM to UEFI.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc will not boot into windows after i change from CSM to UEFI.: It doesnt boot. My old post just disapered https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-will-not-boot-into-windows-after-i-change/0c6f65de-d9db-4e32-9537-1175475c3720
  8. My pc will not boot into windows after i change from CSM to UEFI.

My pc will not boot into windows after i change from CSM to UEFI.: It doesnt boot. My old post just disapered https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-will-not-boot-into-windows-after-i-change/0c6f65de-d9db-4e32-9537-1175475c3720
  9. My pc will not boot into windows after i change from CSM to UEFI.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. My pc will not boot into windows after i change from CSM to UEFI.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My pc will not boot into windows after i change from CSM to UEFI.: My pc will not boot into windows after i change from CSM to UEFI. It boots into the bios which i recently updated and will not change untill i change back to CSM. I have a AMD motherbboard i think....