Windows 10: UEFI

Discus and support UEFI in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; We refurbish donated computer for the disabled and because we never know when we will get have decided to stick with Windows 10 Pro 32 Bit.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Doug1026, May 22, 2019.

1. Doug1026 Win User

UEFI

We refurbish donated computer for the disabled and because we never know when we will get have decided

to stick with Windows 10 Pro 32 Bit. Unfortunately, I find that while I can run Windows 32 bit on a 64 bit

machine, I must stick with BIOS, as it appears that if I have a 64 bit architecture, I must have a 64 bit OS to

use UEFI. I have tried loading UEFI Bootia32.efi, but the system always errors out with an invalid file.

Is there anyway to support UEFI with a 32 bit OS on a 64 bit machine?

Thanks,

Doug

:)

Doug1026, May 22, 2019
  2. dark2099 Win User

AsRock Z77 Pro3 - AHCI? UEFI?

UEFI is a new standard of bios design, so that would probably be what the BIOS has listed as the first boot option, where ACHI is a mode that SATA controllers run, and that is probably listing drives by order of first to last by port order. Not sure why it would list that way (if my guess is right as to how/why it is listing the drives).

dark2099, May 22, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    UEFI Forum Releases UEFI 2.3.1 Specification Update

The UEFI Forum has ratified an update to the UEFI 2.3.1 Specification that adds important firmware considerations and addresses numerous engineering change requests. The updated Specification will be referred to as “UEFI 2.3.1C”.
    • UEFI 2.3.1C adds: An OS Indications Variable - OS/FW feature & capability communication – when implemented, allows end-users to make an OS menu request to enter BIOS setup after next reboot.
    • UEFI 2.3.1C adds: A mechanism which, when implemented, facilitates Open Source Operating System installations and OS- agnostic end-user configurations of retaining the factory default keys while in Setup Mode (see Specification for full technical detail of Setup Mode).
    • UEFI 2.3.1C removes: Runtime driver requirement on Network UNDI drivers - this allows UNDI drivers to be delivered in EFI Byte Code (EBC) Virtual Machine format supporting systems based on different processor architectures.
    Complete details on UEFI 2.3.1C are available here.

The UEFI Forum’s UTWG (UEFI Test Working Group) is currently working on updating the SCT (Self-Certification Tests) to align with the latest spec changes. Please see www.uefi.org for more updates.

UEFI Summer Summit Interoperability & Education Event:
    Specification Update Benefits Windows 8 & Open Source OS Implementations Microsoft to Host UEFI Summer Summit, July 16-20, 2012 in Redmond, WA

The UEFI Testing Work Group (UTWG) and the UEFI Industry Communications Work Group (ICWG) from the Unified EFI (UEFI) Forum invite you to register for the upcoming UEFI Summer Summit: An Interoperability and Education Workshop being held this July at the Microsoft Campus in Redmond, WA.
    • Hosted by Microsoft, the event is sponsored by AMD, AMI, HP, Insyde, Intel, Microsoft & Phoenix.
    • Online registration for the UEFI Summer Summit can be found at here and here. Please note registration is scheduled to close on July 9th.
    The organizers specifically wish to encourage add-in card vendors to attend the Summit. This is the last planned Forum-sponsored opportunity to test Secure Boot functionality and the interoperability of cards with UEFI-compliant systems for 2012. With the serious industry interest in Secure Boot functionality, this Summit is an excellent opportunity to test interoperability, as well as discuss the technology with other industry members.

btarunr, May 22, 2019
  4. erocker Win User

UEFI

UEFI on 990 Chipsets.

I'm pretty sure Gigabyte and MSI both use UEFI with some of their 990 boards.

I don't know about that. It's a bios with a GUI and mouse support from what I can tell.

erocker, May 22, 2019
Thema:

UEFI

1. UEFI - Similar Threads - UEFI

2. Keyboard and mouse disconnecting after UEFI popup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse disconnecting after UEFI popup: Timeline:> I start my pc> Keyboard and mouse connects> UEFI popup> Windows loading> Keyboard and mouse disconnects without me knowing> Stuck at login screen for about 4 seconds> Keyboard and mouse connects back upI have attempted to disconnect and reconnect my mouse and...
  3. Keyboard and mouse disconnecting after UEFI popup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and mouse disconnecting after UEFI popup: Timeline:> I start my pc> Keyboard and mouse connects> UEFI popup> Windows loading> Keyboard and mouse disconnects without me knowing> Stuck at login screen for about 4 seconds> Keyboard and mouse connects back upI have attempted to disconnect and reconnect my mouse and...
  4. Uefi bios utility settings for upgrade to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uefi bios utility settings for upgrade to windows 11: I have got myself in the uefi bios utility and trying to up grade to windows 11. Now I have lost internet and function of windows 10. Im in Bios utility now....
  5. Uefi bios utility settings for upgrade to windows 11

Uefi bios utility settings for upgrade to windows 11: I have got myself in the uefi bios utility and trying to up grade to windows 11. Now I have lost internet and function of windows 10. Im in Bios utility now....
  6. Uefi bios utility settings for upgrade to windows 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. UEFI Bios and Blue Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UEFI Bios and Blue Screen: My windows 11pc is showing me a blue screen with error code: 0xc000021a, and also Critical process died. Also when I switched on my pc, it doesn't boot completely, I always have to force shut it downusing the power button, and repeat the process till it boots, what's could...
  8. UEFI Bios and Blue Screen

UEFI Bios and Blue Screen: My windows 11pc is showing me a blue screen with error code: 0xc000021a, and also Critical process died. Also when I switched on my pc, it doesn't boot completely, I always have to force shut it downusing the power button, and repeat the process till it boots, what's could...
  9. UEFI Bios and Blue Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Installing UEFI or EFI windows 10 is much complicated if once EFI partition deleted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing UEFI or EFI windows 10 is much complicated if once EFI partition deleted.: There were some errors on old windows 10, the time I was working to fix the errors using Recovery mode Command Prompt I used command 'Clean' on windows disk I was to plan a new install.I was unaware about the problems if once the EFI partition is deleted this is going very...