Windows 10: Uggh Automatic Hibernation Mode is costing me alot if money

Discus and support Uggh Automatic Hibernation Mode is costing me alot if money in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; For about two weeks now my computer just randomly hibernates even in the middle of print jobs and other active sessions. I thought it was a power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by VenusOrtega, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Uggh Automatic Hibernation Mode is costing me alot if money

For about two weeks now my computer just randomly hibernates even in the middle of print jobs and other active sessions. I thought it was a power issue so I replaced the battery and the power cord but it is still happening. How do I fix this issue it seriously costing me $$ because it keeps restarting print jobs from the beginning of like 2 to 300 page documents. Please help! I have changed my sleep settings to try and keep the computer monitors on longer I am just not sure why this is happening and how to fix it. This was a custom built super expensive computer and I don't want to have to replace it.

:)

VenusOrtega, Mar 31, 2021
  2. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Mar 31, 2021
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Automatically going to Sleep/Hibernate Mode

Hi Sandeep,

Conflicts with the power settings is one of the possible reasons why your computer is automatically going to sleep or hibernate mode. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the
      Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter
      key.

Meanwhile, you can try to create a new local user account to isolate the issue. You can follow the steps in this

link
    to create a new local user account.

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Eric Ber, Mar 31, 2021
  4. Uggh Automatic Hibernation Mode is costing me alot if money

Hibernate mode

I have my laptop set to hibernate mode when I close the lid. It worked fine with Windows 8 but since the upgrade to Windows 10 the laptop has no power after closing the lid and opening it hours later. In settings, it does show that it is suppose to go
    into hibernate mode when lid is closed.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Mogulman1(2), Mar 31, 2021
Thema:

Uggh Automatic Hibernation Mode is costing me alot if money

1. Uggh Automatic Hibernation Mode is costing me alot if money - Similar Threads - Uggh Automatic Hibernation

2. Why do yell keep changing my files....costing me more money....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do yell keep changing my files....costing me more money....: Why is it Microsoft takes my music from OneDrive as soon as I upload it? I can no longer play it on anything then all my service manuals my PDF files upload it on OneDrive. They change them to see if cheese and who knows what the heck that kind of format is. That's my...
  3. Why do yell keep changing my files....costing me more money....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do yell keep changing my files....costing me more money....: Why is it Microsoft takes my music from OneDrive as soon as I upload it? I can no longer play it on anything then all my service manuals my PDF files upload it on OneDrive. They change them to see if cheese and who knows what the heck that kind of format is. That's my...
  4. Why do yell keep changing my files....costing me more money....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 10 laptop going to Hibernate mode Automatically

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 laptop going to Hibernate mode Automatically: Hello Everyone,I have a problem going on with my win10 laptop that it goes to hibernate mode automatically. No programs are closed or gone, but still it is a waste of time to boot up the computer repeatedly. It displays "Locking..." for a few milliseconds and then screen...
  6. bought key that does not work again. key cost me 139.00, please refundmy money

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    bought key that does not work again. key cost me 139.00, please refundmy money: this is getting old this key was expensive. followed all the steps but error code i get 0X803F7001 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bought-key-that-does-not-work-again-key-cost-me/0fd068ef-2db3-4a64-9dee-8410b4bcc0a3
  7. Does it cost money to have a microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Does it cost money to have a microsoft account: Does it cost money to have a microsoft account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-it-cost-money-to-have-a-microsoft-account/589eff2c-3a9e-4c68-8370-643c2e93eeca
  8. no hibernate mode

in Windows 10 Support
    no hibernate mode: Hello, For some weeks now, my PC (version 1809) will not sleep on it's own and if I set it to sleep, I find it awake later. If I leave for work or go to bed I have been shutting down just to ease my mind about what is happening. Why won't my PC sleep any more? Thanks! 149424
  9. Windows 10 Pro costs money now?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Pro costs money now?: Hello, I am serving in active duty, and S mode impedes my ability to access military websites. I'd like to switch out of S mode, but I like the security it offers. I followed an old Microsoft community question with the same issue:...
  10. Hibernate mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Hibernate mode: Hi all , how can I control the PC go to hibernate mode in 3 hours rather than sleep mode ? Thx 47288