Windows 10: Ugrading from windows family to pro after formatting

Discus and support Ugrading from windows family to pro after formatting in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I formatted my windows 10 computer with pro genuine license and installed a new windows 10 that i downloaded from microsoft website but checking the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by TolulopeAfolabi, May 27, 2022.

1. Ugrading from windows family to pro after formatting

I formatted my windows 10 computer with pro genuine license and installed a new windows 10 that i downloaded from microsoft website but checking the windows 10 version, i discovered it is windows 10 family. How can I upgrade to pro using my old windows 10 pro license.

:)

TolulopeAfolabi, May 27, 2022

2. Format an external Drive.

Hello Roger,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to format the drive you are referring to.

• Right Click on Start menu and select Open Computer Management.

• In the left pane, under Storage, click Disk Management.

• Right-click the volume that you want to format, and then click Format.

• To format the volume with the default settings, in the Format dialog box, click
      OK, and then click OK again.
    Note: You cannot format a disk or partition that is currently in use, including the partition that contains Windows.

Hope it helps.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 27, 2022
  3. Fernandz Win User
    How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, May 27, 2022
  4. Tenforo Active Member

Ugrading from windows family to pro after formatting

I need to convert Quattro pro files to windows Office 2007

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/ha010448731033.aspx

Install the Quattro Pro 5.0 converter
    To install the converter for Quattro Pro versions 1.0 through 5.0 for Windows, do the following:

Click Start on the Windows taskbar, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
    Double-click the Add/Remove Programs icon.
    Click the name of the Microsoft Office 2000 or Microsoft Excel 2000 program that you have, and then click Add/Remove.
    Click Add or Remove Features, and locate the Quattro Pro 5.0 Converter under Microsoft Excel for Windows.
    Click Run From My Computer to install the converter to your hard disk.
    Click Update Now.
    Open a Quattro Pro file
    To open a Quattro Pro file in Excel, follow these steps:

Click Open on the File menu.
    In the Look in list, click the drive or folder that contains the file you want to open, and then locate the folder that contains the file.
    In the Files of type list, click Quattro Pro 1.0/5.0 (Win) (*.wb1) if your files are from Quattro Pro for Windows versions 1.0 through 5.0, or click Quattro Pro/DOS Files (*.wq1). The former requires installation of the converter, as outlined above, before it appears in the list.
    Double-click the file you want to open.
    Notes

You cannot save files in the Quattro Pro 1.0/5.0 (Win) (*.wb1) format. If you open one of these files and make changes to it, you can save changes by saving as a Microsoft Excel Workbook (*.xls) or in another spreadsheet format.
    You can save changes in the Quattro Pro/DOS format, but changes made using features that are unique to Excel may be lost.

or

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HP052538431033.aspx

You can open a file created in another program, such as Lotus 1-2-3 or Quattro Pro, in Microsoft Excel the same way you would open an Excel file. You can then save the file in its original file format or as an Excel workbook using the standard Excel save commands. Files saved as Excel workbooks might not retain all of their original formatting, and features and formatting of an Excel workbook might not be available in other programs.

Tenforo, May 27, 2022
Thema:

Ugrading from windows family to pro after formatting

1. Ugrading from windows family to pro after formatting - Similar Threads - Ugrading family pro

2. Ugrading from windows family to pro after formatting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ugrading from windows family to pro after formatting: I formatted my windows 10 computer with pro genuine license and installed a new windows 10 that i downloaded from microsoft website but checking the windows 10 version, i discovered it is windows 10 family. How can I upgrade to pro using my old windows 10 pro license....
  3. Ugrading from windows family to pro after formatting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ugrading from windows family to pro after formatting: I formatted my windows 10 computer with pro genuine license and installed a new windows 10 that i downloaded from microsoft website but checking the windows 10 version, i discovered it is windows 10 family. How can I upgrade to pro using my old windows 10 pro license....
  4. Ugraded from Window 10 Pro to Windows 11 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ugraded from Window 10 Pro to Windows 11 Home: I had the Windows 10 Pro and after the upgrade was expecting Windows 11 Pro. Any way to troubleshoot what went wrong? Should I reinstall? Thanks...
  5. Ugraded from Window 10 Pro to Windows 11 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ugraded from Window 10 Pro to Windows 11 Home: I had the Windows 10 Pro and after the upgrade was expecting Windows 11 Pro. Any way to troubleshoot what went wrong? Should I reinstall? Thanks...
  6. windows activation after ugradation with ssd

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows activation after ugradation with ssd: hello i just want to know that how i can find my windows actvation key because i upgraded my laptop with ssd recently after a month i found a popup that your window licence is expiring soon and gave the options for go to setting and close in setting option the is an interface...
  7. No network after ugrade from 1809 to 1903/1909/2004

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No network after ugrade from 1809 to 1903/1909/2004: Hello, Currently on 1809, Windows Update keeps pushing me to upgrade since a few weeks. I let it install v1903 trough Windows Update, also tried 1909 and 2004 using the upgrade tool. The problem is I don't have any network after upgrading, whatever the version. I always have...
  8. No network after ugrade from 1809 to 1903/1909/2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No network after ugrade from 1809 to 1903/1909/2004: Hello, Currently on 1809, Windows Update keeps pushing me to upgrade since a few weeks. I let it install v1903 trough Windows Update, also tried 1909 and 2004 using the upgrade tool. The problem is I don't have any network after upgrading, whatever the version. I always have...
  9. Ugrade to Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ugrade to Windows 10: Why are people so reluctant to upgrade to Windows 10. Windows Security is up there with third party software security. It gets 100% in Testing it has layered protection its even being considered or by now used by Americas Defence Systems that says a lot obviously they will...
  10. Ugrade to Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ugrade to Windows 10: Why are people so reluctant to upgrade to Windows 10. Windows Security is up there with third party software security. It gets 100% in Testing it has layered protection its even being considered or by now used by Americas Defence Systems that says a lot obviously they will...