Windows 10: Uh help with Network adapter?

Discus and support Uh help with Network adapter? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I have this odd issues every now and then were my Desktop will say my network is unidentified. Now my OS is Windows 10 and I use an Ethernet cable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Redbatman, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Redbatman Win User

Uh help with Network adapter?

So I have this odd issues every now and then were my Desktop will say my network is unidentified. Now my OS is Windows 10 and I use an Ethernet cable wired straight to my modem. Now I have two modems in my house, one connected to a router for WiFi access and the second one is connected to my Widows 10 PC. Now I can still use and play games on the internet when I'm connected to unidentified network, and I can fix it if I click on Diagnose and it fixes the gateway.

However this is getting a little annoying, I did update my Ethernet Driver from the MSI homepage to fix it but it didn't so I'm not sure what to do.

Is this a Comcast or Windows 10 thing and if so Would should I do?

:)

Redbatman, Feb 25, 2017

2. New Nokia 5030 sim card

Uh, no, SIM cards are sold separately by network providers.

chanchan05, Feb 25, 2017
  3. _Bighead_ Win User
    Can't Connect Wii Motion Plus Remote on Windows 10 Creators Update

So uh, I don't have this option "Add to Personal Area Network". What can I do now?

_Bighead_, Feb 25, 2017
  4. Uh help with Network adapter?

Hi Redbatman.

Interesting network setup you have, as internet is usually provided through a single modem to a wireless router (or combined modem+router), unless no wireless router is present and it is instead you get internet by directly connecting to the modem itself.

Could you describe a little more about why there is two modems needed to receive internet?

Do you have an ADSL connection (internet through a telephone jack), Cable (through a screw in cable) or Fibre?

Is it possible to connect your Ethernet cable to your wireless router? This should resolve any gateway issues as there is only one gateway for one router and therefore one for a single modem.

ellellell1, Feb 26, 2017
  5. Samuria Win User
    Do you mean two modems or routers for two modems you need two sources

Samuria, Feb 26, 2017
  6. Redbatman Win User
    Okay I have Comcast blast which is cable internet.

The reason I have 2 modems is because I have a modem downstairs that is plugged into a router which is a Motorola from late 2014, the second I have is from 2015 and my modems are both the same type SB6141, I got the second since back in late 2015 I had decided to build a gaming computer and I had no other room to put it in except for a room that had a coax outlet in which I could use it to plug my desktop in since my Desktop has no wifi.

Comcast said it was okay to have two modems on my account, now my second network is just called Network 2 for obvious reasons.

So now that's out of the way any tips, and no I cant plug into the router since there is a desktop down there its plugged into.

Redbatman, Feb 26, 2017
  7. Ok, it could be an ip address conflict with your computer and the router. See if you can change your computers ip address to something like 192.168.1.50 (change the fourth set to something other than 1) Note: The first three sets of numbers can look different.

This is called setting a static ip. I can give you instructions on this if you are unsure of how to do this.

ellellell1, Feb 26, 2017
  8. Redbatman Win User

Uh you mean the desktop downstairs cause that one is the first modem, the second modem is just plugged into my Windows 10 gaming PC in a totally different room, there is no router with the second modem.

As for the PC downstairs its a 2007 windows vista pc.......yeah
    I do have a gaming laptop too which is what I use for doing firmware updates on my Asus router

Redbatman, Feb 26, 2017
  9. For the computer which is directly connected to the modem, yes.

ellellell1, Feb 26, 2017
  10. Redbatman Win User
    Alright I'll try it tomorrow might need to give me steps for static Ip. I know how to do it for my router but not for desktop.

Redbatman, Feb 26, 2017
  11. Ok, follow this tutorial.

For step 6 in option 1, change to "Use the following IP address".

Set the ip address to 192.168.1.50 or something similar.

'Subnet mask' to 255.255.255.0.

Then enter manually, the DNS infomation, which can be found in your router settings page.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You may or may not need a WAN address for the 'gateway' but if your router has one, you could try that too.

If you don't have any DNS information then you may have a Dynamic IP address which might be a bit difficult to fix.

(Also don't reply with any of your DNS or gateway IP address's for security reasons *Wink )

ellellell1, Feb 26, 2017
  12. Redbatman Win User
    Okay I tried this but it keeps giving me the error that DHCP is not set for my home network

Redbatman, Feb 28, 2017
  13. Redbatman Win User

Here is my most common message I get when I use automatic DHCP

Uh help with Network adapter? [​IMG]

Redbatman, Feb 28, 2017
  14. topgundcp Win User
    FYI, I have 2 PC's, both MSI MB's. The driver downloaded from MSI homepage is not always up to date. I have a Realtek PCIe GBE network controller in one PC and a Killer network controller in the other PC. I suggest to always download the driver directly from the manufacturer

I am not sure on this, but having same model cable modems. There might be some frequency interference between the 2 modems connected to the same coax cable splitted around the house.

In your case, you only need one high speed cable service.

A while back, I did a similar set up for my friend because he has a combined Modem+wireless Router upstair and he could not get any wireless signal downstair. I did option 3 below.

Options that you can do:
    • get a wireless signal booster, came with 2 pieces. Connect one to the router then plug into an electrical outlet, plug the other into an outlet.
    • or get a powerline so you'll get direct connection between downstair and upstair without running any wire.
    • or one modem + 2 wireless routers + powerline so that the wireless signal will be strong around the house. In addtion, you'd have multiple direct connections for multiple devices. This option will require setup for the second router to accept the same SSID.

topgundcp, Feb 28, 2017
  15. Redbatman Win User
    Well here is the thing I have had great connection and have been using two modems for a little over a year now.

Even when it says I'm connected to a unidentified network I still have Internet access, just not as a private network.
    My main concern is how do I prevent this from happening.

Also like I said the modems are in two different rooms with their own coax outlet for each room.

Redbatman, Feb 28, 2017
Thema:

1. Uh help with Network adapter? - Similar Threads - help Network adapter

2. Uh

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uh: I just booted into windows and then I got hit with a reparing disk error message without doing anything. I don't understand. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uh/3a170f24-0bfa-4411-b8b4-c643d0e31bb7
  3. Uh

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uh: I just booted into windows and then I got hit with a reparing disk error message without doing anything. I don't understand. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uh/3a170f24-0bfa-4411-b8b4-c643d0e31bb7
  4. Uh

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. uh, help?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    uh, help?: I was playing a game when I suddenly got BSOD blue screen. I went to reset it, and when it started to install Windows again, I got an error. It basically said that it encountered an error. Clicking OK restarts the install. After that happened, I got BSOD again and it...
  6. uh, help?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    uh, help?: I was playing a game when I suddenly got BSOD blue screen. I went to reset it, and when it started to install Windows again, I got an error. It basically said that it encountered an error. Clicking OK restarts the install. After that happened, I got BSOD again and it...
  7. uh, help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Uh?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Uh?: i dont have any administeration account, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/uh/301db110-3064-4d3f-a50e-0086686db8ae
  9. Network Adapter Problems! Please Help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network Adapter Problems! Please Help!: Everytime I load Into my computer my network adapter is not showing up. I have to physically reinstall it in my pc, scan for hardware changes in device manager, and reset my PC. This really annoying and Im also worried about wearing down the gold on the pci-e submitted by...
  10. Help with Network Adapter & Sleep

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help with Network Adapter & Sleep: Hi there, Basically if my computer is in sleep mode for a while and i turn it back on, the network adapter disables itself. I then have to go into the network settings and activate the network adapter in order to get a connection. Why is this? and how do i fix it? I've...