Windows 10: Uh help with Network adapter?

Discus and support Uh help with Network adapter? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Okay I tried this but it keeps giving me the error that DHCP is not set for my home network Ah okay, that makes sense as your router is running a DHCP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Redbatman, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Uh help with Network adapter?

Ah okay, that makes sense as your router is running a DHCP pool for devices connected to the router, but not for your directly connected computed to the secondary modem. Revert all those settings back to automatic.

I would try power cycling the modem and pressing the reset button.

To do this:

• Switch off and unplug the power and Ethernet cable from your modem.
    • Leave it unplugged for 30 seconds.
    • Plug the power back into the modem.
    • Wait until all lights have lit up.
    • Hold down the reset button with a pin (or something small enough to fit)
    • Again wait for all lights.
    • Connect the Ethernet cable back and see if a connection is working.

See if you can get your laptop and plug it into the Ethernet port as well to see if it works.

ellellell1, Feb 28, 2017
  2. Redbatman Win User

So factory reset my modem?

Redbatman, Feb 28, 2017
  3. Yes, It may take up to 5 or 10 minutes to completely reset .

ellellell1, Feb 28, 2017
  4. Uh help with Network adapter?

If you wanted to setup a cheap wireless/direct repeater (a second router) you could have a look at this tutorial: Multi Router Network

You could always call Comcast to have a look to see if they can fix it. They may have updated or changed how their service works and may need to update your modems anyway.

ellellell1, Feb 28, 2017
  5. topgundcp Win User
    That's basically what I did for my friend using option 3 above. However, a picture is worth a thousand words:

Uh help with Network adapter? [​IMG]

topgundcp, Mar 1, 2017
  6. Very nice! I was looking for something visual like this. *Wink

I have a wireless repeater set up using my old WRT54G2 router. Wireless is very slow to and from though, so I think I am going to run an Ethernet cord instead.

ellellell1, Mar 1, 2017
  7. Redbatman Win User
    Okay so my modem has no reset button it's a Motorloa SB6141 and you reset via the configuration menu and now I can no longer do that, Comcast did some work in my area a little over a month ago, so what do I do now.

Redbatman, Mar 1, 2017
  8. Redbatman Win User

Uh help with Network adapter?

Okay I finally fixed this issue, and boy was it simple. Turns out Comcast didn't have my second modem registered and thus was not getting the proper configuration. So after some talking they added it, and viola the DNS problem is gone.

Redbatman, Mar 1, 2017
  9. Ahh, nice work. I did have a hunch it was a problem at Comcast's end. Well done. Make sure to mark this thread as solved too.*Biggrin

ellellell1, Mar 1, 2017
  10. Redbatman Win User
    Okay its happening again now, I tried power cycling but that didn't fix it, I checked my Xfinity Account and it shows the modem on my account so do I call them again or something?

Redbatman, Mar 2, 2017
  11. Hm that's weird. Yes probably a good idea to call them again. Make sure to explain your network setup with two modems, one of which is directly connected to a computer, and the other to a wireless router.

ellellell1, Mar 2, 2017
  12. Redbatman Win User
    Okay called again and they fixed it, but now they are saying I may still get this issues since my two modems the SB6141 are at "end of life" so does anyone know if this is true, cause I know Comcast likes to say things that aren't always true.

Redbatman, Mar 3, 2017
  13. Uh help with Network adapter?

Sounds like they are partially right according to this article: The Best Cable Modem so it sounds like its successor (SB6183) is more compatible with a multi modem network, but in saying this the SB6141 is probably ideal for those who need just one modem. It sounds like it is defiantly a higher paid option but you can probably get a guarantee from Comcast if you upgrade...

ellellell1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Uh help with Network adapter?

1. Uh help with Network adapter? - Similar Threads - help Network adapter

2. Uh

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uh: I just booted into windows and then I got hit with a reparing disk error message without doing anything. I don't understand. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uh/3a170f24-0bfa-4411-b8b4-c643d0e31bb7
  3. Uh

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uh: I just booted into windows and then I got hit with a reparing disk error message without doing anything. I don't understand. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uh/3a170f24-0bfa-4411-b8b4-c643d0e31bb7
  4. Uh

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. uh, help?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    uh, help?: I was playing a game when I suddenly got BSOD blue screen. I went to reset it, and when it started to install Windows again, I got an error. It basically said that it encountered an error. Clicking OK restarts the install. After that happened, I got BSOD again and it...
  6. uh, help?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    uh, help?: I was playing a game when I suddenly got BSOD blue screen. I went to reset it, and when it started to install Windows again, I got an error. It basically said that it encountered an error. Clicking OK restarts the install. After that happened, I got BSOD again and it...
  7. uh, help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Uh?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Uh?: i dont have any administeration account, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/uh/301db110-3064-4d3f-a50e-0086686db8ae
  9. Network Adapter Problems! Please Help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network Adapter Problems! Please Help!: Everytime I load Into my computer my network adapter is not showing up. I have to physically reinstall it in my pc, scan for hardware changes in device manager, and reset my PC. This really annoying and Im also worried about wearing down the gold on the pci-e submitted by...
  10. Help with Network Adapter & Sleep

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help with Network Adapter & Sleep: Hi there, Basically if my computer is in sleep mode for a while and i turn it back on, the network adapter disables itself. I then have to go into the network settings and activate the network adapter in order to get a connection. Why is this? and how do i fix it? I've...