Windows 10: uhh..... can i delete this file from a usb drive... it's copied.. I dont think its the real...

Discus and support uhh..... can i delete this file from a usb drive... it's copied.. I dont think its the real... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; HELP! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My brother copied the WHOLE windows file onto my usb and.... you see the isssue.[ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MistyKittenO.O, May 28, 2020.

1. uhh..... can i delete this file from a usb drive... it's copied.. I dont think its the real...

HELP! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My brother copied the WHOLE windows file onto my usb and.... you see the isssue. uhh..... can i delete this file from a usb drive... it's copied.. I dont think its the real... 2796dcca-4dfb-4e18-88d0-c6a453fa0092?upload=true.png

:)

MistyKittenO.O, May 28, 2020

2. Copying music files to a thumb drive

Hi Dennypic747,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

Please answer these questions to get clarity on this issue:

1. What is the exact name of the app that you are using?
    2. Is that a Microsoft Store app or a Desktop app?
    3. How did you download the music files and where have you saved those files?

Please follow these steps to copy the music files from the computer to the USB flash drive:

Step 1: Insert the USB drive into the USB port on your computer. Try to use a port directly on your computer. Windows will usually notify you that a USB drive was inserted, and an AutoPlay window may appear. You can close
    the AutoPlay window for now.

Step 2: Open File Explorer by pressing Windows key + E together.

Step 3: Click This PC and Find your USB drive. Your USB drive will be displayed in the "Devices and drives" section of the window.

Step 4: Note the drive letter for the USB drive. Knowing the drive letter will make it easier to send files to the drive later.

Step 5: Find the music files that you want to copy to the USB drive. Your music files may be located in a variety of locations on your computer:

Step 6: Select all of the files and folders that you want to copy. You can also press Ctrl+A to select everything in the current folder.

You may find it easier to move all of your music files into one spot on your computer, organized into folders. You can then copy all of the folders and files at once.

Step 7: Wait for the files to copy. Your selected files will begin copying to your USB drive.

Step 8: Once the copy is done, click the "Safely Remove Hardware" button in your System Tray. This will unmount the drive from your system, allowing you to safely remove it without corrupting any data.

Pull the USB drive out of the computer. Your music is now safely stored on your USB drive.

Let us know the result of the steps performed so that we can help you further.

Awaiting your reply.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, May 28, 2020
  3. File History never copies anything

Hi,

Temporary system failure is one of the possible reasons why this issue is happening. To help resolve the issue, we suggest deleting the files in the USB drive. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings > Update & Security > Backup > More Options.
    • Click Stop using this drive.
    • Delete the File History folder on your external drive.
    • Try again to add the USB drive to backup File History.
    Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, May 28, 2020
  4. KomouPoji Win User

uhh..... can i delete this file from a usb drive... it's copied.. I dont think its the real...

how to copy files from the CD to the Computer drive

Hi Hankriegler,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click file explorer from the list.

• Select the CD/DVD drive and hit Enter.

• Select the files you want to copy from the CD/DVD, then select the drive where you want to paste or save.
    I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, May 28, 2020
Thema:

uhh..... can i delete this file from a usb drive... it's copied.. I dont think its the real...

1. uhh..... can i delete this file from a usb drive... it's copied.. I dont think its the real... - Similar Threads - uhh delete file

2. Can I delete a copy of Windows on an old hard drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I delete a copy of Windows on an old hard drive?: Hello,I just installed my friend's old Seagate HDD into my laptop. It has a copy of Windows 10 from his old laptop before he switched to an SSD. I already have a copy of Windows 11 on my NVMe SSD and I plan to use the HDD to store games. Can I delete the old copy of Windows...
  3. Can I delete a copy of Windows on an old hard drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I delete a copy of Windows on an old hard drive?: Hello,I just installed my friend's old Seagate HDD into my laptop. It has a copy of Windows 10 from his old laptop before he switched to an SSD. I already have a copy of Windows 11 on my NVMe SSD and I plan to use the HDD to store games. Can I delete the old copy of Windows...
  4. How do I delete an external drive I copied programs from? Drive was attached to a USB port...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I delete an external drive I copied programs from? Drive was attached to a USB port...: I attached an external drive to a USB port to copy the files that I needed. The drive is shown as Bodno C:. I cannot delete drive as my WIN 10 system thinks this is the drive with my WIN 10 programs installed.How can I delete the drive?When 'Storage Sense' is tuned on in...
  5. How do I delete an external drive I copied programs from? Drive was attached to a USB port...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete an external drive I copied programs from? Drive was attached to a USB port...: I attached an external drive to a USB port to copy the files that I needed. The drive is shown as Bodno C:. I cannot delete drive as my WIN 10 system thinks this is the drive with my WIN 10 programs installed.How can I delete the drive?When 'Storage Sense' is tuned on in...
  6. How do I delete an external drive I copied programs from? Drive was attached to a USB port...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. I think its a virus

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I think its a virus: So basically my pc just started putting up pop ups of if i wanted to let some apps make modifications to my pc and i canceled all those and as i was listening to my music it just started saying it could'nt play any of the songs and as they did so i went and checked in my...
  8. How can i delete a copied version of Program files that i put on a different drive?

How can i delete a copied version of Program files that i put on a different drive?: i thought i could just copy my program files folder to my new HDD to free up space on my ssd but now im stuck with duplicates im not really sure what to do. it says i need to provide administrator permission but im on the administrator account of the computer....
  9. I have a corrupt file on my usb drive and i can not delete it. Help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have a corrupt file on my usb drive and i can not delete it. Help: I have a corrupt file on my USB drive and I can dot delete it. Can someone help me. I have tried changing the name. Doing it through DOS but nothing has worked. Thanks Deb...
  10. I can't connect to wifi *i think its because i deleted temp files*

I can't connect to wifi *i think its because i deleted temp files*: When i click the wifi button at the bottom right where it would usually bring up the available connections tab, nothing happens. If i right click i still get the options for "troubleshoot" and "open network and sharing" i have tired opening it and going through the options to...