Windows 10: Uhh, I'm worried that my computer is downloading a fake Windows update, is that a thing?...

Discus and support Uhh, I'm worried that my computer is downloading a fake Windows update, is that a thing?... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/LuckeyMen [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LuckeyMen, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Uhh, I'm worried that my computer is downloading a fake Windows update, is that a thing?...

/u/LuckeyMen, Nov 22, 2019
  2. NdMk2o1o Win User

Who's downloaded the Windows 8.1 preview update?

For some reason the installer says the update is not applicable to your computer? (Win 8 Pro x64) anyone else try this what was released today?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/download-preview

EDIT: It appears the error is because the download is named Windows8-RT-KB2849636-x64 so looks like it's only for ARM based RT Windows 8 versions even though there's nothing suggesting that on the actual download page, so where's the x86 8.1 update people?

NdMk2o1o, Nov 22, 2019
  3. m4gicfour Win User
    Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Nov 22, 2019
  4. Amit_Sun Win User

Uhh, I'm worried that my computer is downloading a fake Windows update, is that a thing?...

M-Audio M-Track 2x2 Not Recognized by my computer.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We appreciate the research and troubleshooting you have done, this issue could be from the software end or from the hardware itself.

Please try few of the troubleshooting below to further eliminate the root cause of the issue.

1. Try to connect the device with a different USB and check if that helps.
    2. Connect the M-track to different computer and check if you still face the issue there, if the issue persists, it could be caused by hardware.

Method 1:

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together, and type
      control printers.
    2. You will see list of all the devices and printers connected to your computer.
    3. Click on Add a device and follow the onscreen instruction and add your device.

Method 2:

1. Uninstall
      all the M-Track drivers
      from device manager.
    2. Reboot the computer and check.

Method 3:

I suggest you login to the manufacturer site,
    download the drivers for your registered device
    and
    install it.

If you still face the issue, I suggest you to get in touch with the
    manufacturer and get the hardware checked once.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Nov 22, 2019
Thema:

Uhh, I'm worried that my computer is downloading a fake Windows update, is that a thing?...

1. Uhh, I'm worried that my computer is downloading a fake Windows update, is that a thing?... - Similar Threads - Uhh I'm worried

2. I fell for the scam now I'm worried they have everything on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I fell for the scam now I'm worried they have everything on my computer: I fell for their scam now I'm afraid they have access to everything on my computer how do I know https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-fell-for-the-scam-now-im-worried-they-have/b6e83e26-3ee1-44d6-b962-692df50c636e
  3. I fell for the scam now I'm worried they have everything on my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I fell for the scam now I'm worried they have everything on my computer: I fell for their scam now I'm afraid they have access to everything on my computer how do I know https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-fell-for-the-scam-now-im-worried-they-have/b6e83e26-3ee1-44d6-b962-692df50c636e
  4. I fell for the scam now I'm worried they have everything on my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I'm getting worried

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm getting worried: Like, really worried. Microsoft usually fixes issues in a jiffy but this issue-Win32 hive issue-has been lasting for 5 days. I need to get back onto discord and my computer badly, and I don't know what to do. I know we just need to wait but I've been on edge....
  6. I'm getting worried

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm getting worried: Like, really worried. Microsoft usually fixes issues in a jiffy but this issue-Win32 hive issue-has been lasting for 5 days. I need to get back onto discord and my computer badly, and I don't know what to do. I know we just need to wait but I've been on edge....
  7. I'm getting worried

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Uhh whyyy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uhh whyyy: Now after the blank with cursor error The taskbar turn into windows 10 version im on windows 11 i have been doing restart and its still look like that why do i always have this problem anyone have a idea ? Pls the windows button is not working when you press it...
  9. Faking that I'm on AC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Faking that I'm on AC: Hello!I'm currently running a dell e7450 and it's feeling VERY slow unplugged. I think it's an os problem not too sure. Anyways can I FAKE that I'm on AC or plugged in/charging even though I'm on battery. Any ideas?Oh yes, I did try running Cities Skylines on my laptop and...
  10. Uhh... Should I be worried?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Uhh... Should I be worried?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/NebulaSW [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gwv6we/uhh_should_i_be_worried/