Windows 10: Uhhhh idk what I did but i think all my files in my C drive are stuck on read only and when...

Discus and support Uhhhh idk what I did but i think all my files in my C drive are stuck on read only and when... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I was trying to Make one file NOT read only but it kept reverting back. I tried changing the security because I looked it up and that’s what it said to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MoonMonkstwitch, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Uhhhh idk what I did but i think all my files in my C drive are stuck on read only and when...

I was trying to Make one file NOT read only but it kept reverting back. I tried changing the security because I looked it up and that’s what it said to do. Now when I click on folder properties, EVERY file is stuck on read only and can’t be unset. Someone help

submitted by /u/MoonMonkstwitch
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MoonMonkstwitch, Mar 26, 2020

2. Unable to open .IDK file format on Windows 10.

Hi Derek,

You may be facing the above issue due to the un-assigned program or application to open
    .IDK file format on the computer.

Before we assist further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• Do you have an application or program installed to open .IDK file format on the computer?
    • Do you get any error message/error code when you try to open .IDK file format?

Interface Development Kit Archive (IDK) files are
    Uncommon Files primarily associated with OS/2 Saved SKF Format File (IBM). If an application or program associated to open a file format is installed and set as default, on clicking/opening the same will open the file in the
    program assigned in the settings on the computer.

Right click on the .IDK file and hover the mouse pointer over at
    Open with and select a program or application from the context menu and check if you are able to access the file type.

If you are not, assign a program/application to open .IDK file format by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Default programs and select the top most search result.
    • Scroll down the page and click on Choose default apps by file type from the window.
    • Locate .IDK file format, click on the program and select the application you want to view the file type from
      Choose an App window.
    • Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of not able to open .IDK file format on the computer in the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Mar 26, 2020
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Uhhhh idk what I did but i think all my files in my C drive are stuck on read only and when...

Read only files

Since you mentioned above that you are using an Administrator account, and after creating a new user account didn't make any changes, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps below and see if it helps:

Take full control on permissions.

• Open File Explorer. Right-click on your C Drive, and choose Properties.
    • Go to Security tab. Click Advanced, then
      Change Permissions
    • Highlight the user, and click Edit.
    • Choose This folder, subfolders and files under Applies to:.
    • Choose Full Control under Basic Permissions.
    • Click OK.

If there are other users on the computer, follow the steps below:

• Go to C Drive.
    • Right-click your user name in Users folder, then click Properties.
    • Go to Security tab.
    • Click Advanced, then click Continue.
    • Click Enable Inheritance.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

Uhhhh idk what I did but i think all my files in my C drive are stuck on read only and when...

1. Uhhhh idk what I did but i think all my files in my C drive are stuck on read only and when... - Similar Threads - Uhhhh idk did

2. Every file in my C and D drive has become Read Only. What can I do?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Every file in my C and D drive has become Read Only. What can I do?: I only found out about this after my games on Steam wouldn't update because of "disk read error". I checked Files and found every folder was Read Only. Every time I unchecked the Read Only option, it just came back. I've tried messing with Security but nothing has worked....
  3. Every file in my C and D drive has become Read Only. What can I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every file in my C and D drive has become Read Only. What can I do?: I only found out about this after my games on Steam wouldn't update because of "disk read error". I checked Files and found every folder was Read Only. Every time I unchecked the Read Only option, it just came back. I've tried messing with Security but nothing has worked....
  4. Every file in my C and D drive has become Read Only. What can I do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. All files stuck in read only mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All files stuck in read only mode: Recently enountered a problem where all my files are stuck in read only, so far I have:- Made sure I have permissions to edit folders through the security tab of properties- Unchecked read-only after pressing accept and reopening properties it immediately reverts back to read...
  6. All files stuck in read only mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All files stuck in read only mode: Recently enountered a problem where all my files are stuck in read only, so far I have:- Made sure I have permissions to edit folders through the security tab of properties- Unchecked read-only after pressing accept and reopening properties it immediately reverts back to read...
  7. I am stuck in read-only all my folders and files

I am stuck in read-only all my folders and files: A black square is on all of my folders marking read-only. I have tried using TPM to maybe take it our of read-only mode by using Set-Disk or changing their file/folder permissions, and also check to see if DiskPart would work using the commands ATTRIBUTES or GPT to change...
  8. What happened? All my files became read only

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What happened? All my files became read only: So ran my work computer, ran unity, I got a messagebox saying that I should move my project folder's to another place as it could be read only where it was. I thought it was odd, checked the project folder in explorer and sure enough, it was marked as read "read only" and...
  9. All my files are stuck on read-only

All my files are stuck on read-only: There is no way for me to change the attribute of my files that are in read-only mode. Here's the kicker: It was working absolutely fine, I changed absolutely nothing at all, and the next day I log in and all the files are locked. I am the admin in my computer, and also the...
  10. All folders are stuck in Read Only on C Drive in Windows 10

All folders are stuck in Read Only on C Drive in Windows 10: I am unable to edit these folders or move or copy anything to or from them, which is obviously a massive inconvenience. I first noticed this yesterday but have no idea when it actually started, so I'm hesitant to start doing system restore points. If I try to change it to not...