Windows 10: Uhmmm, what was that suddenly?

Discus and support Uhmmm, what was that suddenly? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Tried to restart my PC and suddenly it was acting like it was installing an update of some sort... and at the reboot it said it was working on parts of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RingTailCoon, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Uhmmm, what was that suddenly?

Tried to restart my PC and suddenly it was acting like it was installing an update of some sort... and at the reboot it said it was working on parts of Windows. Very strange.

What was going on? After that it just booted normally into Windows. (2004) Can it be a secretly installing update that was being installed? Because in the list of installed updates I see that there hasn't been an update that was installed today...

Strange...

:)

RingTailCoon, Jul 28, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jul 28, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 28, 2020
  4. cadaveca Win User

Uhmmm, what was that suddenly?

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Uhmmm, what was that suddenly? :p

cadaveca, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

Uhmmm, what was that suddenly?

1. Uhmmm, what was that suddenly? - Similar Threads - Uhmmm was suddenly

2. Wifi suddenly disappears. What to do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi suddenly disappears. What to do?: I am currently using Win 10. Its up to date. I don't usually shutdown the laptop. Mostly keeps it in sleep. This is the 2nd time I face issue with Wifi. While using, wifi just disappears and it's like there is no such thing in the PC. Wifi doesn't show in settings. In the...
  3. Wifi suddenly disappears. What to do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi suddenly disappears. What to do?: I am currently using Win 10. Its up to date. I don't usually shutdown the laptop. Mostly keeps it in sleep. This is the 2nd time I face issue with Wifi. While using, wifi just disappears and it's like there is no such thing in the PC. Wifi doesn't show in settings. In the...
  4. Wifi suddenly disappears. What to do?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. BSOD all of a sudden, what should I do?

BSOD all of a sudden, what should I do?: I was normally browsing the internet on battery with few processes running all of a sudden BSOD occurred. Laptop: Asus TUF A15 R7 4800H RTX 2060Windows: Microsoft Windows 11 Home Single Language Version: 10.0.22000 Build 22000 BIOS Version/Date: American Megatrends Inc....
  6. Windows suddenly deactivated not sure what happened

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows suddenly deactivated not sure what happened: the pc WIN-10 ASUS ROG was purchased from best buy about 1 year++ close to 2 years i did not purchase any warrantee or whatsoever. it should be licensed i did not check. throughout the 1year+ 2 years all good the watermark had never appeared before. until 2days before post...
  7. Windows suddenly deactivated not sure what happened

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows suddenly deactivated not sure what happened: the pc WIN-10 ASUS ROG was purchased from best buy about 1 year++ close to 2 years i did not purchase any warrantee or whatsoever. it should be licensed i did not check. throughout the 1year+ 2 years all good the watermark had never appeared before. until 2days before post...
  8. Windows suddenly deactivated not sure what happened

9. Sudden BSOD, what could be the causing it?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sudden BSOD, what could be the causing it?: [ATTACH] The BSOD was apparently caused by ntoskrnl.exe. System Info: OS: Windows 10 Pro version 20H2 build: 19042.789 CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600 GPU: RTX 3080 Founders Edition Ram: 16GB DDR4 Cl16 3200Mhz Trident Z Royal Motherboard: Asrock x570 Taichi PSU: Corsair RM850x...
  10. What the...??? Suddenly Palemoon has gone borderless...

in Windows 10 Support
    What the...??? Suddenly Palemoon has gone borderless...: ...and completely unusable... 2204