Windows 10: UI inconsistent and too big

Discus and support UI inconsistent and too big in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I'm having some issues with the size of the UI. In some Windows, it seems to be "old style" and properly sized. But in other places, it seems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jaype, May 15, 2016.

1. jaype Win User

UI inconsistent and too big

Hello,

I'm having some issues with the size of the UI. In some Windows, it seems to be "old style" and properly sized. But in other places, it seems to be following the new design guidelines and there it is way to big for me.

UI inconsistent and too big [​IMG]

On the left the "old-style" properly sized, and on the right the "new style" which seems to be too big and just waste screen space. Because it is so big, it needs a scroll bar, even though it should easily fit on screen with a smaller font.

Similarly, in the Mail App, everything is just too big, so only very few emails fit on screen.

Googling, I was only able to find people having the problem the other way around. So I'm wondering if everybody else just likes it this big? While I can understand it for tablet or convertible users, for desktop users (1920x1080 @ 24") I just find it annoyingly big.

Scaling is set at 100%.

Is there any way to just get the "old style" everywhere or change the font size only for the new layout?

Thanks and Regards
    Jochen

:)

jaype, May 15, 2016

2. X6: I killed it. I am free

congratulations! LOL!

i too went back to an e63 after having enough of the x6's inconsistent touchscreen UI.

jtmanuel_rn, May 15, 2016
  3. kfloh Win User
    Asha 311: password for Facebook not hidden

ha ha.... UI inconsistent and too big :)

No big issues for me too. It's just that I find it inconsistent that some phone settings requiring passwords do hide it with asterisks after typing.

kfloh, May 15, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

MS is supposed to be transiting to the 'new' Settings style, deprecating the Control Panel.

Meanwhile we're caught in the midst of their revamp.

Similarly with their context menu style (sorry, styles).

dalchina, May 15, 2016
Thema:

1. UI inconsistent and too big - Similar Threads - inconsistent too big

2. Too Big, How?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Too Big, How?: Hi,I have downloaded a file zipped from google drive to add to a usb.The file is 7.01GB in size zipped.I have 2 usb's @ 32gb, both never used until today, the first totally empty, and the one same capacity with 13gb Free.Yet I am getting the attached when trying to copy or...
  3. Too Big, How?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Too Big, How?: Hi,I have downloaded a file zipped from google drive to add to a usb.The file is 7.01GB in size zipped.I have 2 usb's @ 32gb, both never used until today, the first totally empty, and the one same capacity with 13gb Free.Yet I am getting the attached when trying to copy or...
  4. Notepad is too big

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad is too big: Hi, I just created a script with AutoHot Key and don't like the Notepad window display on the screen. It used to me a manageable window but now takes up the entire desktop and I can't reduce the size of it. Is there anything I can do to make the window smaller? Thanks...
  5. Notepad is too big

Notepad is too big: Hi, I just created a script with AutoHot Key and don't like the Notepad window display on the screen. It used to me a manageable window but now takes up the entire desktop and I can't reduce the size of it. Is there anything I can do to make the window smaller? Thanks...
  6. Screen too big

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen too big: My windows 10 screen is too big and I don’t know how to revert back. When I turn the laptop on, it is too big and I cannot click anything to log in. I cannot access resolution and magnifier does not work. I tried the hold shift and restart but that has failed too....
  7. Display is TOO big

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display is TOO big: Am I the only person with this problem?? I've hunted everywhere! I recently got a new computer with Windows 10. I also got a new monitor. The monitor I got is a 32" very wide screen. I don't know if my issue is due to the screen or W10. I've adjusted my size to as low...
  8. Calculator too big

Calculator too big: How can I get calculator that takes up less screen space? I don't care about touch screen. Don Cole 146762
  9. fonts are too big

in Windows 10 Support
    fonts are too big: My wife hit something and now my fonts are too big. I'd like to get the letters back to the smaller version as they are waaaay too big. Can anyone help? 105368
  10. Screen too Big!

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen too Big!: My laptop is connected to my HD TV via an HDTV cable. But the blown-up screen encroaches beyond the 42"HD frame, so I have a difficult time scrolling, getting to the bottom and top bars. I want to settings and display, but I couldn't figure out how to shrink the screen enough...